View Poll Results: Which pre-expac event?

Voters
112. This poll is closed
  • World Scourge Invasion

70 62.50%
  • Capitol Elemental Invasion

12 10.71%
  • Hub Demon Invasion

40 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which was the better pre-expansion event: Wrath, Cata, or Legion?

Only among Wrath, Cataclysm, or Legion, which were the best pre-expansion events? Why?
    Last edited by Razion; 2017-08-08 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but, nothing beats the zombie invasion, and the fact that people could be infected and or killed by their friends because of it. I spent a lot of time chasing down some guildies who were aiming to infect Thunder Bluff. Haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

wrath without question

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, i think the Legion one was the most useful pre-launch event. The funnest was the wrath one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the demonic invasions were fun and a great way to level, nothing will ever compare to the massive insanity that came from the undead plagues and hordes of zombies overrunning whole capital cities. Not to mention the fun scourge invasions and all the fun rewards.

Cata was a huge disappointment, all this crazy lore that was happening at that point in time, and nothing was really shown beyond a few small things the actual main event which was just a sad event compared to the previous pre-expansion event.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I did like Legion's invasions, Cata wins for me for the fun Operation: Gnomeregan (Didn't do the Horde side) and the elemental fights in and out of the cities.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Demon invasions.

It gave me a reason to do them collect transmog gear, pet ect.
    WotlK event you saw and done everything after 1x, the only great thing was the duel between Thrall and Garrosh in the arena.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If we also count Demon Hunter class and starting experience, Broken Shore and questline leading to launch, Legion easily beat Wrath event. Just take off nostalgia glasses (but not really, it's year after, nostalgia works for Legion pre-event too).

World Scourge Invasion!!! Undead plagues were amazingly fun. I love it when the cities get attacked.

No love for the TBC pre-launch event with Legion world bosses attacking various zones and major cities? We spent hours kiting Lord Kazzak to major population hubs and then Blizzard just goes out and spawns Highlord Kruul (basically a Kazzak clone) for us in those areas. It was good stuff.

The major problem with the Wrath one is that, aside from the zombie plague, it had no forced interaction with it. Recycling the same zones from the Naxx event generally resulted in it being in places where people didn't go, so you had to seek it out. It made it really lack that feeling of an invasion like it did for Naxx, where it was in most of the high level zones that mattered. Though even then most of them were pretty out of the way and it rarely impacted gameplay unless you CHOSE to engage.

Part of that compared to Legion was obviously the lack of scaling technology, but I found the Legion essentially shutting down leveling zones, areas right next to major cities, to be quite excellent. It forced interaction for low level characters and proved convenient for high level characters to interact with. But the Legion invasion felt like an invasion. Even down to the whispers in the majors cities and the demons hidden among the populace. There was some real impact to the Legion invasions while it was active. It was hard to play the game and NOT encounter it in some way unless you never left Draenor.

Then there was the Broken Shore. I had bad memories of it from Beta, but it really wasn't so bad once tuning was finished. But it was even more layered onto the atmosphere of desperation the Legion pre-event was attempting to invoke.

The Cata event, while I loved the lore, was really lacking in substance. It had some quests, but I barely remember them. Nothing overly important.

So, overall, I have to give it to Legion. I had a TON of fun being an asshole with the zombie plague, don't get me wrong, but overall the Legion event felt like it was more of an immediate threat. Also, my 29 twink was probably more of an asshole with the Legion invasion items than I ever was with the zombie plague in pre-Wrath. >.> Nothing like throwing a Jar of Spiders and it killing all five people hanging around a flag in Arathi Basin.

Legion had more to do, but in terms of sheer fun, WotLk reigns supreme for me. Being able to infect anyone was great fun.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

legion invasions, although making people pissy by curing them of the ghoul plague in the wrath pre-event was pretty fun aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sorry but, nothing beats the zombie invasion, and the fact that people could be infected and or killed by their friends because of it. I spent a lot of time chasing down some guildies who were aiming to infect Thunder Bluff. Haha.
    This so much. Nothing has topped it.

World event was probably one of the few things Wrath did very, very well. But at the time, a large amount of the playerbase absolutely despised it, and realistically, it was only amusing because it was basically condoned griefing and allowed a single person to disrupt entire questing areas/hubs or entire cities like shattrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the chaos of the scourge invasion, but some people didnt so instead of having everything being taken over for cata blizz isolated the invasions to instances in the cities which I thought sucked. Then with wod we have the iron horde which got you out in the world but It felt less important like they just stood off to the side. Then there was legion, which felt like a slightly more refined scourge invasion. It had everything we wanted from the scourge invasion but none of the disruptive mess. I also loved that I was able to lvl a toon in a couple of days via invasions.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2017-08-08 at 09:15 PM.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

I'm gonna go with Legion's Legion Invasions.

While the zombie mania of Wrath was hilarious and awesome it was only so entertaining for a little while to me. Sure you mess around for a bit but then after that it's just /shrug and wait for Wrath.

With the invasions I got to level my alts and actually play the event for a good while, and to me it was a better story than having Scourge wandering around and people turning into zombies.

Legion pre-expansion event, hands down.

The Cata event was a joke, not worthy of mentioning

The Scourge event being positive or negative depends a lot on whom one asks. I remember a lot of people saying "IT HAD BETTER NOT BE LIKE THE WOTLK EVENT!!!!" about Cata's elemental events...

Wrath event was great. The only people that got mad over it are the people that get upset over every little thing blizzard does.

Same with the legion event. Was fun killing everyone at the AH. Only did it once or twice though and the invasions were really good a swell.

I'd say legion event because it had multiple parts like the invasions and killing people in cities. Also got everyone into some old zones which was cool.

Wrath for zombie fun

But Cata gave you the new 1-60 zones to play month before the new zones unlocked. I liked that

Zombie invasion, not even a contest. It was so fun to just screw around and making your own fun. It was very chaotic but thats also part of what made this event great. This really should return in some way and update it with new tech, turning every player rapidly against each other.

Legion invasion was fun for the first day or 2, but this event was a lot more on rails and it felt more like a grindfest. The invasions got boring fast but they were better handled than the ones in Broken Isles. It was a good way to level and gear your alts to prepare for Legion at least.

I don't even remember the other events other than Kruul invading Org/SW, which was also quite some fun. Events like these is what really brought realm communities together which we don't see these days.