Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    you can be orc mage since cataclysm
    The chicken came before the egg, it seems.

Also, remember Gul'dan's harbringer's videos. He showed 0 magical capacities of any kind when the fel came to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And why does it need Tauren Mages before Tauren Warlocks could be a thing?
    A warlock is in essence a mage turning to the darker parts of his studies. If there are no mages, there are no warlocks who could turn to the darker studies since there are no mages to begin with. Warlocks are arcane practitioners who turned to Fel - As Arcane is Order so is Fel Disorder. They are two sides of the same coin.

A priest on the other hand uses entirely different magics, namely that of Light and Void. - Some argue that the class itself should be split into two different classes like it is the case with mages and warlocks.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-08-09 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    A warlock is in essence a mage turning to the darker parts of his studies. If there are no mages, there are no warlocks who could turn to the darker studies since there are no mages to begin with. Warlocks are arcane practitioners who turned to Fel - As Arcane is Order so is Fel Disorder. They are two sides of the same coin.

A priest on the other hand uses entirely different magics, namely that of Light and Void. - Some argue that the class itself should be split into two different classes like it is the case with mages and warlocks.
    I really don't know if we can apply this "lore" to WoW classes. Orc Warlocks were a thing for more than 5 years until Blizzard unlocked Mages for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    Draenei warlocks make perfect sense, they were all over the place in WOD and then later we saw more Eradar in tanann......

the DRAENEI STARTING ZONES literally has you uncover a draenei warlock hiding within ......... Velen even admits there is a use of using the *enemies power*, but that people who use such power should not be trusted.

warlocks in the alliance already hide in basements/cave's...... not hard to explain that a few draenei mages wanted to use dark magic,

also Eradar were made by being infused with fel, not casting it, granted using fel magic does take it toul if YOU use your own lifeforce, which is why our warlocks tend to used other peoples souls.......
    Draenei warlocks make perfect sense until you realize that Warlocks completely go against their racial lore. What separates Draenei from Eradar is the use of demonic magic. Of course if Blizzard decided to do a Draenei Warlock and allowed us to play Eradar, I'd roll one in a heartbeat.

Troll Paladins make no sense either.

Not believable at all for many reasons...Panda Druids before Belf Druids?!? What a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really don't know if we can apply this "lore" to WoW classes. Orc Warlocks were a thing for more than 5 years until Blizzard unlocked Mages for them.
    That's a fair point. Although the lore itself wasn't that well established back then. We'll just have to wait and see.

This one at least put some effort into it, and actually sounds 'reasonable'.

The release date fucks it up though

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Original, Orcish Warlocks were Shaman who turned to Fel magic for more power.

Tauren currently have Shaman.
    Could also work then

If this is at all real the one thing in that that would piss me off the most is
    Druid: Pandaren
    . Should be Belf and Human for druid not dam pandas.

I will say this.

He tried.

The lore behind it was established at that point:

"Gul'dan was a former orc shaman from Draenor who became the first orcish warlock as well as the de facto founder of the Orcish Horde. Abandoning the ways of shamanism and betraying both his people and his mentor to the demon lord Kil'jaeden for personal gain and power"

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Gul%27dan

Warlocks have never been a class that had to come from Mages. They popularly develop from Mages who seek more power and get enticed by Fel magic, but it is not exclusive to Mages and never has been.
    Would be cool to have all classes unlocked for every race. I'd even sacrifice race specific models like shaman totems, paladin mounts, and druid forms, just to have them unlocked. then later, when everything is ready, the devs could make specific class models for all races, I'd love that.

I'd like to see "racial skins" for classes, where they reskin/reanimate spells based upon the race using it.

Tauren Paladins using more solar-based animations, Night Elf Paladins (when they inevitably come) can be lunar based, etc.

Although, with the amount of art assets that would take, we would likely only see them either as WoW shop additions (similar to heroes in Hearthstone or skins in Hots) or they would be a major feature of an expansion (and pretty underwhelming at that point).

They do unlock new classes over time; Blizzard always says that they only want combinations that make sense, but we're reaching a point where everything is becoming arguable for everyone..

Certain combinations still would be weird like Blood Elf Shaman, non-elf DH's (art asset time), or Draenei Warlocks. But we'll see where they go with it.
    I'd support that to the fullest.

Jaina has skipped a whole expansion because of the horde ...

new race
    I don't understand. Wtf do people want new races for at this point? They have been almost entirely cosmetic for a few years now outside of 2 or 3 actually useful abilities and as far as cosmetics go it'd be much better to get some actual options on existing races rather than some new fantasy animal people that will invariably look shit in every single armor set.

Also, revamped Azeroth could work, but only if they revamp ALL of it, including Northrend, Pandaria and all the Cata zones to be on the same page time-wise and use the scaling tech to make them relevant. Legacy versions being accessible via some kind of time travel, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This one at least put some effort into it, and actually sounds 'reasonable'.

The release date fucks it up though
    So does some of the grammar issues. Even in the image you can see in the first sentence an errant comma. I just can't see Blizzard making that kind of mistake, though if that's to be believed and it's the "soon to be revealed website"...it's possible that it just simply needs some proofreading prior to release.

Maybe the alleged release date is for pre-expac events? I dunno. Info does sound Blizzlike though.

Edit: Troll paladin ruins it for me more than release date of 1/25/18.

/ianshrug

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Also, how come these leaks are always posted by alt-accounts? Have some balls and post it on your main account

Deleted
    I usually give these the benefit of the doubt but this one looks really bad.

Edit: Oh i see... it's supposed to be a powerpoint presentation. Though all that text would never be in it. Still its a presentation.

It's a bit sad, but because it is sad, it may be true. I hope it isn't though. None of that excites me.... and theres only 3 new zones, wich would lend itself to a quick release, but theres no way it could release in january. Maybe beta date?

Still, i hope it isn't true cause this isn't exciting at all.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-08-09 at 03:31 PM.

For a lot of us, new races are a big part of the thrill of a new expansion. It mixes up the fantasy to see them introduced, adds diversity, and gives the game more flavor.
    If they do intro a new race again and do a re-work of old areas, I hope they also give an option after experiencing the new race's intro section once to skip it on subsequent alts (apply this concept to Worgens, Pandas, Goblins, maybe even DKs though they aren't a race) .

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I really want to see the dragon isles happening, I really do. They had planned for it to be in the original WoW but removed it just like they removed Tauren Rogue >

It's how I envisioned the dragons coming back to power too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it definitely looks more legit than the WoD leak lmao

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp