Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm not sure why so many people are butt hurt over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not too sure on that.
    It's more of probably that most games don't tell you if action was taken. Chances are, you'll never find out if that player was muted or not, or by the time you see them again, the punishment might have worn off already.
    In overwatch being muted isn't actually a penalty to the player, it's a penalty to the team since they can't communicate with the team if they have to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Its like praising an RPG developer on making a bold new choice of using a stats and experience system in their next game.
    You want to tell me PVP games rarely have hateful chats? And that actions are being taken every time, and therefore is nothing special?

Deleted
    I feel sad for the current generation of kids. They are growing up in an environment that teaches them that as soon as they met with some conflict and someone hurts their feelings, they should run to a moderator/police/ombudsman/facebook admin/SJWs to cry, instead of ignoring the idiot or telling him to fuck off.
    Remember the "crying rooms" in US universities when Trump won? It's sad. These adult children have ZERO conflict resolution and emotional controlling skills. What will happen if a real conflict happens in their real life and there's no one to run to crying?

most games have those rules as far as i'm aware.. but it's not the easiest to enforce especially if you run a f2p model.

Deleted
    In which way is hate speech a "conflicting opinion"?

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    I feel sad for the current generation of kids. They are growing up in an environment that teaches them that as soon as they met with some conflict and someone hurts their feelings, they should run to a moderator/police/ombudsman/facebook admin/SJWs to cry, instead of ignoring the idiot or telling him to fuck off.
    Remember the "crying rooms" in US universities when Trump won? It's sad. These adult children have ZERO conflict resolution and emotional controlling skills. What will happen if a real conflict happens in their real life and there's no one to run to crying?
    It's not just a few people so you can ignore them in many games.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Not to be overly crass... but Darwin has a way of helping in these situations... IE like that couple that didnt know how to handle their bills in New York and opted out of life... So when real world hits these fucks, they will either learn and grow, or hopefully opt out.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnulzenbarde View Post
    https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meld...n-3794721.html

If just every game company and gaming forum would have as much courage as PLAYERUNKNOWN. Chats in PVP games and Forums often are filled with hate speech, and often, the owners do not reallly care, often even with a purpose as a large minority of the gamers actually has a right wing bias.

I think it is a great move and an example for those that think that ignorance is strength.

What do you think?
    Who gives a fuck what some prick you never even met has to say? I would tell people to grow thicker skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Not to be overly crass... but Darwin has a way of helping in these situations... IE like that couple that didnt know how to handle their bills in New York and opted out of life... So when real world hits these fucks, they will either learn and grow, or hopefully opt out.
    Except that couple had children, so they had already procreated, which would go against any Darwinist argument as that hinges on removal from the gene pool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Who gives a fuck what some prick you never even met has to say? I would tell people to grow thicker skin.
    Because they play matchmade matches and dont want to meet hateful idiots all the time which literally do nothing else than calling people racist stereotypes?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm not sure why so many people are butt hurt over this.
    Because in recent years hatespeech online has somehow been seen as protected by the constitution as freedom of speech, for some reason. Even though that is totally not what freedom of speech is about.

Playerunknown bans Hatespeech in his Battleground-Game

Good luck with that.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I think folks trying to enforce their version of morality onto others end up loosing in the end.
    That street goes both ways, you realize that right?

Just because you have shitty morality doesn't give you any extra protection from having other people project their opinions on you. That's called life.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meld...n-3794721.html

If just every game company and gaming forum would have as much courage as PLAYERUNKNOWN. Chats in PVP games and Forums often are filled with hate speech, and often, the owners do not reallly care, often even with a purpose as a large minority of the gamers actually has a right wing bias.

I think it is a great move and an example for those that think that ignorance is strength.

What do you think?
    Noble gesture but it won't stop people from being abusive, lame pieces of shit anymore than making heroin illegal prevents people from doing drugs.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Because they play matchmade matches and dont want to meet hateful idiots all the time which literally do nothing else than calling people racist stereotypes?
    Sounds like terrible players can't tolerate criticism of their gaming skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Noble gesture but it won't stop people from being abusive, lame pieces of shit anymore than making heroin illegal prevents people from doing drugs.
    Probably blizzard was right at the end and forums should show real names?

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Except that couple had children, so they had already procreated, which would go against any Darwinist argument as that hinges on removal from the gene pool.
    Not necessarily, those kids will now have to learn and adapt to their new situation, and learn from where their parents went wrong, or meet the same fate.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    Because in recent years hatespeech online has somehow been seen as protected by the constitution as freedom of speech, for some reason. Even though that is totally not what freedom of speech is about.
    Someone that actually understands freedom of speech? On MMO? *pinches self*
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Sounds like terrible players can't tolerate criticism of their gaming skills.
    You call invoking racist stereotypes "criticizing gaming skills"?

In which universe is that actually building any logical coherence?