Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Typical. They don't use the copyright anymore for any product or to make money but if anyone else dares to use it they can get fucked in court.
    To be fair, sometimes the best use of an IP is to let it rest for a while and then roll it back out for a new generation so that its fresh. Star trek was rested in the 1970s and from 2005-2009.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    That's a phrase in common parlance. Shouldn't be copywriteable or trademarkable as it isn't in any way unique.
    What are your thoughts on "I'm Lovin' It?" Still common parlance?

Sheesh. Leave the poor guy alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wow, they must have a snitch watch his every move and report back to headquarters.
    Big companies typically hire agencies to protect their IPs. Those agencies have one and only one reason for existing and that's zealously protecting their clients' IPs. It's how they justify their pay cheque.

So it's not always the company itself that is at fault in these kinds of cases. Just the way the industry works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

5+ Year Old Account
    all this legal copyrighting bullshit has gone way too far in the past 5 years. You get punished for playing 10 seconds of a song but now were moving on to catch phrases and words. Stupid.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    That's a phrase in common parlance. Shouldn't be copywriteable or trademarkable as it isn't in any way unique.
    Yeah this is a bogus lawsuit. I doubt he'll lose it.