"Own The School Year Like A Hero" Sign at Walmart over Gun Display

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lay/555393001/

A Walmart gun display urging customers to "Own the school year like a hero" has drawn such a negative response that the company has spent the last 24 hours repeatedly apologizing to outraged tweeters.

In a series of tweets, the company denounced the display as "terrible," "definitely NOT okay" and a "regrettable situation."

"What's seen in this photograph would never be acceptable in our stores," the company said in a statement. "We regret this situation and are looking into how it could have happened."

The photo first started spreading Wednesday afternoon, allowing the photo to go viral and drawing condemnation from the Internet and Walmart. The photo shows a glass display of guns with a sign above reading, "Own the school year like a hero."
    Walmart says it was simply a misunderstanding and is not ruling out a customer prank. I still think it is pretty hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    agreed, that's some funny mistake/prank
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

There was a "n" missing after the "a" to "a hero".

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Captain America used a gun.

This would go hand in hand with that "Batman would be ANTIFA" thread.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Maybe for standup.
    Easier to shoot when they're standing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably an employee fucking around during the night shift. Pretty funny tho

Deleted
    If you think,
    that gnomes are no fun.
    get a gun, get a gun , get a gun!

If you think
    that all people should run
    get a gun, get a gun, get a gun!

If you think,
    you are attila the hun,
    get a gun, get a gun, get a gun!

but if you want to turn
    north korea into a tomb,
    you really would need
    a nuclear bomb!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    There was a "n" missing after the "a" to "a hero".
    Go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Go back to school.
    You must be new to the internet.

I love misplaced signs. They are often quite humorous.

Trolling is a art.

Pure genius prank.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Go back to school.
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/an-hero

An Hero is a synonym for committing suicide and refers to someone who has committed suicide. Online, the term is used in a similar vein as Kill Yourself, in reference to posts that are considered bad or incompetent, as well as referring to people who have committed suicide, and in images it is commonly paired with “You should look into it” or “Become one”.

The term originates from the memorial MySpace page of Mitchell Henderson, who committed suicide on April 20 2006. The term comes from a spelling error from one of the comments posted on the memorial page.

“He was such an hero, to take it all away. We miss him so, That you should know, And we honor him this day. He was an hero, to take that shot, to leave us all behind. God do we wish we could take it back, And now he’s on our minds. Mitchell was an hero, to leave us feeling like this, Our minds are rubber, our joints don’t work, Our tears fall into abyss. He was an hero, to take that shot, In life it wasn’t his task, He shouldn’t have had to go that way, before an decade’d past. Now he sits there in my heart, this hero of mine, Always there to make me smile, Make me feel just fine. He had courage,that boy did, courage in his heart. To take that shot, To end his pain, To tear us all apart. But in the end, he died in courage. Lacking, nevermore, He died a hero, Mitchell did, And we’ll love him forevermore. We love you like an brother. We miss you so much. We will always love you, kid. Rest In Peace Mitch. ~Lila”

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's in bad taste tbh. School shooting are not exactly casual joking material for stores. Maybe for standup.
    School shootings and stores have 2 things in common, You always come out less alive during the rush.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

This reminded me:

I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you say whoops?

Kind of funny.

And I mean the outrage.