Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The things that will make you happy cannot be bought with money, but if you don't have any and are busy working 9 hours a day you just don't have time to LOOK for those things in the first place.

So money -> happiness. IF (and it's a big IF) you are smart about it.

The phrase "money is not everything in life" is a lie designed to make you work 9 hours a day on a shitty job, unless someone suggest you to go live in woods - then they are right.
    WOW find myself in completely in agreement with this line of thinking Elim, so is the sense of working hard, there is no working hard, there is only working within your means and applying as much intelligence towards a task you are capable. The more efficient you are for yourself and by default others enhances your value a lot more than simple money.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why do people always think their kids will be supportive of them?
    Many children hardly visit their parents after moving out, even when their parents are at old age and living ing a nursing home.

Kids simply take up all your free time, most of your money and in todays economy (and even more so in the future) they might live with you forever, depending on your country.

Yeah, modern times. We're a bit old fashion. The kids will never have to support us unless we run into a streak of bad luck. What makes it hard on families here is the vast distances that often separate people.

US economy is usually very good with the rare recession here and there.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-08-10 at 01:53 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    People who don't want to have children are huge manchildren/womanchildren themselves, unable to grow up.

But hey it's just my opinion.
    Hey that's a completely unfair stereotype.

Now I'm going to take a break from posting on a forum for a video game and play with the Transformers that litter my desk like a good 35 year old man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We religious people have lots of kids.

When I'm on my death bed surrounded by family we'll see who is the rich one.
    Yes likely your children who inherit your money and months later your inlaws are probably thinking "I am sure glad that old fart is dead" I mean I am sure they would still love you none the less, but you are likely going to die old and alone, think not, visit a nursing home for a day and tell me how LOVED you think these people are.

And NO I don't mean just some down ridden one either.

My point is state does that because they see value in it. State doesn't care if you want them to stop doing it. You premise was that parents who "use" that are being nefarious - they are not. They do what state wants them to do for the nefarious reasons of state.
    On same page now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's very true, I'm no saint but I don't think I'm a complete asshole either.
    I think you are under estimating your abilities or you aren't really trying as hard as you think you are. People who tend to lean on one side or the other usually fail at any sort of objectivity.

And that doesn't mean go ask your mom if she thinks you're swell!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Why we're most of the worlds biggest innovators childless and unmarried then?
    Took me a while to figure out what you were trying to ask. Anyhow silly question because it's premised on a very dubious assumption. Each of the seven richest people in the world have children, between them they average like 4 kids each (except for Zuckerberg). Not sure what you're on about tbh

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Took me a while to figure out what you were trying to ask. Anyhow silly question because it's premised on a very dubious assumption. Each of the seven richest people in the world have children, between them they average like 4 kids each (except for Zuckerberg). Not sure what you're on about tbh
    The problem is those 7 billionaires are not innovators, they aren't doing anything new.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    If you can't afford to have kids, don't have kids.
    This is all well and good until you realise that people not having kids will cause population decline.

This is also fine in theory, however you will quickly find that you become smaller on the world stage and may well get outnumbered by populations that breed more. That is, in point of fact, something that's happening in Europe right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    This is all well and good until you realise that people not having kids will cause population decline.
    Ok, so what? What is it to you?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    People who don't want to have children are huge manchildren/womanchildren themselves, unable to grow up.

But hey it's just my opinion.
    Honestly but part of the reason that lottery in life or anywhere else is not worth playing, has to do with too many people who think along the lines you do, not that it would matter but the truth is if all you have to be motivated by is complete and utter bullshit and a brass ring of lies, you either need to stop put everything down, go outside and get some fucking perspective yourself, OR stop pretending you have any clue or that you aren't just as full of shit in your own make believe as all the man/child people you are on about.

Because speaking as an X'er it is typically the previous generations that always fuck the current ones up the most, because they can never learn to deal with their own shit until it's too late and start worrying about everyone else, to a really unhelpful degree.

#1 genetic suicide defeats the purpose of life, we do not exist solely to perpetrate every random fancy we happen to enjoy at that moment.

#2 children are not a burden, they are more valuable than all that crap you think you would rather buy instead

#3 white people are dying out, and with them so to dies western civlization
    your forfathers didnt create, defend and expand the whole of the modern world just so you could give up and be a useless unit.

Some people in this thread are being very silly.

If you want to have kids, great. Yeah it costs a lot of money but presumably to you it's worth it.

If you don't want to have kids, great. Disposable income and no responsibilities, wooo!

So it's all fine. Sheesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    #1 genetic suicide defeats the purpose of life, we do not exist solely to perpetrate every random fancy we happen to enjoy at that moment.

#2 children are not a burden, they are more valuable than all that crap you think you would rather buy instead

#3 white people are dying out, and with them so to dies western civlization
    your forfathers didnt create, defend and expand the whole of the modern world just so you could give up and be a useless unit.
    1) So the purpose of life is to procreate? What about those who physically can't? They have no purpose?

2) Children are not more important than 20-40 years of corporate servitude.

3) So? To quote other great men - Not my problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    #1 genetic suicide defeats the purpose of life, we do not exist solely to perpetrate every random fancy we happen to enjoy at that
    What is the purpose of life?

Ok, so what? What is it to you?
    Do you want me to rationally explain why I don't want my nation, culture, and/or even humanity itself to die out?

There is no rational argument for that. I want my in-group to succeed because I am human. To abandon the future, even future generations, is to abandon hope, and to abandon hope is to go insane.

Which is inevitable anyway at SOME point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    1) So the purpose of life is to procreate? What about those who physically can't? They have no purpose?

2) Children are not more important than 20-40 years of corporate servitude.

3) So? To quote other great men - Not my problem.
    #1 yes, and who knows. not every individual is viable.

#2 youre gonna work regardless of children (hopefully)

#3 then youre not my target demographic and i dont care

Not having kids won't make you rich, being good with your money will.

10+ Year Old Account
    If everyone had kids, population would be out of control. I think it actually helps keep our population in check by having some people not reproduce.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.