Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Woman high on marijuana crashes car with child inside

Source

DAMARISCOTTA, Maine —

A mother is facing charges after police said she was high on marijuana when she crashed her car with her young child inside.

The crash happened Tuesday on Back Meadow Road in Damariscotta, police said.

Officers said Brittan Burns and her son, who is under the age of two, were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
    WMTW-TV

Burns was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and operating under the influence of marijuana.

Police said her son is being cared for by a family member.
    Remember kids, don't toke and drive.

Deleted
    This isn't marginally, but rather significantly less interesting than the black magic threads from those Mumbai guys.

I guess it's time to ban cars... or are we supposed to ban having children?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There's a woman mentioned in the article, ban them from driving too!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Well, to cover all our bases, we should be banning:
    - cars
    - women driving
    - children in cars
    - marijuana
    - trees
    - roads

Considering that no one died in the accident (600 to 700 children die in car accidents every year), I'm not sure what the OP's point was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    - cars
    - women driving
    - children in cars
    - marijuana
    - trees
    - roads

Considering that no one died in the accident (600 to 700 children die in car accidents every year), I'm not sure what the OP's point was supposed to be.
    Maybe that driving while under influence is a bad thing, which is fairly obvious and shouldn't need to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    - cars
    - women driving
    - children in cars
    - marijuana
    - trees
    - roads

Yeah, I do enjoy the random news posts about things that happen hundreds, if not thousands of times a year. It says more about the OP than anything else. Is it because it's a woman, is it because marijuana was involved, or is it because it was in Maine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Maybe that driving while under influence is a bad thing, which is fairly obvious and shouldn't need to be said.
    Then why post a thread about this particular news story, since thousands of people do it every single day. What makes this story so special?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure driving while impaired is already illegal...? So she illegally driving high... If it was alcohol she would have been driving faster however.

Ill jump on the band wagon though, BAN WOMEN DRIVERS (did i do it right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Ill jump on the band wagon though, BAN WOMEN DRIVERS (did i do it right?)
    this seems to be a thread about someone driving under the influence of marijuana and crashing their car, resulting in a fatality. i don't believe you participated correctly.

what you meant to say, and what will probably be somewhat triggering for you, is 'double-ban marijuana'.

Then why post a thread about this particular news story, since thousands of people do it every single day. What makes this story so special?
    why get so defensive about his thread?

i'm asking rhetorically, of course. this is why nobody can take you people seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    this seems to be a thread about someone driving under the influence of marijuana and crashing their car, resulting in a fatality. i don't believe you participated correctly.

what you meant to say, and what will probably be somewhat triggering for you, is 'double-ban marijuana'.

i'm asking rhetorically, of course. this is why nobody can take you people seriously.
    I'm not getting defensive, I'm trying to figure out why this story is so special? It's a window into the mind of the OP.

Who are the "you people" about whom you speak?

Marijuana didn't do this. It was the alignment of pluto that did it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

1st and only time i will ever agree machismo. people are upset cause marijuana doesnt impair your ability to drive as badly as alcohol. they want it too cause they hate marijuana but the facts will never support their position for a few reasons. alcohol is way more popular than marijuana and the effects add up as you drink, as to when you smoke marijuana you can only get so high and the rest is wasted. with the stuff i smoke hitting it twice is wasting money

Deleted
    Was it poor quality stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lesson learned, do not allow marijuana drive women while on cars. Got it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Minor injuries are not a fatality.

So lesson is that you should not drive while under the influence of anything? Seems like common sense something alot of people seem to lack these days.

Another day, another salvo launched by the scumbags waging the comically evil War On Drugs.

Men, women, and children suffer every day in car accidents caused by alcohol. But this is news because it's pot? Fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a VW Jetta. Pretty safe car. The damage is expected as it looks like the car went off the road and into a tree.

Sometimes, car accidents look worse than they really are due to how vehicles are designed for safety. A cars exterior may look terrible, but it is built that way to absorb the blow keeping those inside the car safer.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite kinds of threads are boring copy-pasted articles about mundane events.

So thanks for that.

Yeah, I do enjoy the random news posts about things that happen hundreds, if not thousands of times a year. It says more about the OP than anything else. Is it because it's a woman, is it because marijuana was involved, or is it because it was in Maine?

- - - Updated - - -

To educate people that DUI is never a good thing, a lot of people think taking some meds and toking is just fine as long as they aren't consuming alcohol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    My favorite kinds of threads are boring copy-pasted articles about mundane events.

So thanks for that.
    You're welcome.