Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    2nd if you tried to make 8yo children sing it in classroom while swearing allegiance you would be fired instantly
    Well that's relieving to hear, then!

i mean, i've never understood why some black families let their surname be lynch.

i get that it's a name, but the word does have a second meaning that's pretty fucked.

that said, i wouldn't ban it or change the names of stuff over it.

People need to stop getting offended so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    I look forward to the Twin Peaks adverts.

"Written and directed by David!"
    Dave's not here, man.

Damn it, Portland... you were on my list. If you are doing this, then I got news for you.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ools_in_Oregon a couple dozen high school mascots need to be changed.

Those Lava Bears tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I can see how "lynch view," "lynch wood" and "lynch meadows" could be mistaken for having connections to lynchings, but it is funny seeing people getting outraged in this thread and reaching for the hyperbole. Personally I think naming the schools after members of the Lynch family (like the Patrick Lynch Elementary School) is a good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I can see how "lynch view," "lynch wood" and "lynch meadows" could be mistaken for having connections to lynchings, but it is funny seeing people getting outraged in this thread and reaching for the hyperbole. Personally I think naming the schools after members of the Lynch family (like the Patrick Lynch Elementary School) is a good solution.
    Here's the thing. If the word Lynch is literally causing people to not want to go to school, they're still going to have a problem with Patrick Lynch. Since the issue was the word "Lynch" in the name. No one seemed to care that the schools were named after people before the change.

To be fair, wouldn't renaming the one school the "Patrick Lynch Elementary" or w/e it was being changed to draw MORE attention to the family name and thus the history than simply using "Lynch" (which isn't that uncommon as a family/area name I thought, maybe I'm wrong).

Sure lament that the word Lynch was dropped from the other two, but in terms of recognition, I'd say (given the assured ignorance of the reason behind the name causing said "offense") the Lynch family have come out ahead now that the "Patrick" was added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Here's the thing. If the word Lynch is literally causing people to not want to go to school, they're still going to have a problem with Patrick Lynch. Since the issue was the word "Lynch" in the name. No one seemed to care that the schools were named after people before the change.
    No here's the thing, no-one cares if someone is named "Lynch" but with something like "lynch meadow" it isn't entirely clear if it was named after a person or an activity that used to take place there.

10+ Year Old Account
    A school board making a decision on its own is the PC police?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    No here's the thing, no-one cares if someone is named "Lynch" but with something like "lynch meadow" it isn't entirely clear if it was named after a person or an activity that used to take place there.
    No. I'm going to take a wild guess and say a school in Oregon isn't named after a field where blacks were lynched.

This is information I'm sure is readily available. Maybe there's a plaque somewhere that says who the Lynchs were. These people will still be triggered by the word Lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    It's really not

That's what happens when you privatize education because muh debt

The people become dumbfucks, and that's the objective

Shitty education + daily brainwashing with pledges and flags = this
    Literally Alex Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    This is what happens when PC snowflakes get together.
    This is the main problem with the internet and social media.

Before, we would see these crazies out in the streets and either ignore them or mock them because it was obvious they're crazy. Now? They can come together while hiding behind anonymity to spew their ridiculous ideologies en-mass... To the point where people start to think these ideologies are common because certain groups scream the loudest.

One of the few times where this seems actually reasonable.

Everyone knows it was named after a family. That doesn't change the fact that lynching has a horrible and sorted history in this country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Before, we would see these crazies out in the streets and either ignore them or mock them because it was obvious they're crazy. Now? They can come together while hiding behind anonymity to spew their ridiculous ideologies en-mass... To the point where people start to think these ideologies are common because certain groups scream the loudest.
    D-do you really not see how this exact descriptor also fits the whiney children screaming against those people as well? lolol. SJWs and "anti-SJWs" are exactly the same.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-08-10 at 03:27 PM.

So people get offended because of an action that used to kill them? But that bitch can say "children of color" and that's not offensive? You actually have a different description for kids regarding their skin color and LYNCH is the fucking problem??
    It's a fucking verb... God forbid the witches of Europe get together to strike against the energy drink BURN. Might bring back bad memories. I suggest we sue Coca Cola for being racist and inconsiderate.

Holy fuck, I just remembered I am dressed with a COTTON tshirt!!!! What am I thinking? I might hurt people that might not even be descendants of people from those times.
    I'll be sure to not mention Germany ever again, I shall call it Deutschland, just in case.

The world has gone to shit.
    CHILDREN OF COLOR ! Not racist at all. =))

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah probably not as offensive as students that got to a school and can't take more than a minute to recognize where things come from enough to consider the name Lynch might not have a fucking thing to do with anything other than a name. I realize the suspicion but yeah.

Now remember kids the fill out the bubble A,B,C or D, I am sure your 25% chance of getting it right will mean I won't have to completely fail your ass and not get paid.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah probably not as offensive as students that got to a school and can't take more than a minute to recognize where things come from enough to consider the name Lynch might not have a fucking thing to do with anything other than a name. I realize the suspicion but yeah.

Now remember kids the fill out the bubble A,B,C or D, I am sure your 25% chance of getting it right will mean I won't have to completely fail your ass and not get paid.
    ...what do these two sentences even have to do with one another? Scantrons have been around for over 30 years. Once again, do you really not see how your faux-outrage is exactly the same thing, but the other side of the coin, as these retards that you guys are constantly crying about? Including both sides having this pretentiousness to the whining where they think they're the righteous one in the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...what do these two sentences even have to do with one another? Scantrons have been around for over 30 years. Once again, do you really not see how your faux-outrage is exactly the same thing, but the other side of the coin, as these retards that you guys are constantly crying about? Including both sides having this pretentiousness to the whining where they think they're the righteous one in the conversation.
    Wait what, fake outrage where the fuck have you put together I am outraged, it's a comment, I am not conveying what ever sentiment you made up in your head about what I said.

I simply pointed out the word Lynch in and of itself as it relates to the god damn thread title and the school (FULL STOP) The rest really was more of a joke about the education.

And the second paragraph was also just a joke. Now you can take your self righteousness and go have a Coke.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

PC Police at it again, it's getting ridiculous now.

Jesus christ....... How insecure do African Americans have to be to complain about this shit.. Its been 60 years people get the fuck over it.

The Lynch family should sue for returning of their land and then they sell it back to the city at 10x Normal price or make them tear down the school. Cause this is pure Snowflake Garbage..... Welcome to Snowflake america.