Thread: 7.3 Havoc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are complete assholes for not even addressing us. We havent had a single tweet or comment, or anything about 7.3. No major changes like they said for 7.2.5, nothing for 7.3. We might get something come 7.3.5 (launch of the argus raid), but all its going to do is buff our abilities.

It seems pretty clear they are not happy how we have turned out, and I expect a heavy handed reformation come 8.0. Hell, they might even split it into 2 specs at that point (demonic vs nondemonic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Or its clear they're happy how we have turned out, thus no major changes, like, if aint broke, then dont fix it.

Also, can someone post a screenshot of out t21 set(elite gladiator and the normal gladiator version) on a female belf?

So is the current state of this game that people are required to play only the "best" classes to push mythic? I can understand world 1st, but these comments saying if you want to raid mythic, don't roll DH are pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyamoto View Post
    So is the current state of this game that people are required to play only the "best" classes to push mythic? I can understand world 1st, but these comments saying if you want to raid mythic, don't roll DH are pretty crazy.
    It's always been the mentality though, of course the best classes aren't "required" but if you can soak mechanics better well doing more damage then why not or in the same manner why not take that class over havoc? Any decent friendly guild takes the player not the class, but it can feel taxing to be a liability for progression.

We need a change to eye beam or the tier set to make 7.3 taste better though. If we go into this with nothing were gonna need a frost dk level number/ability overhaul to sit anywhere decent in competitiveness.
    Last edited by reokotsae; 2017-08-24 at 06:14 AM.

no, they arent crazy, Tomb is really bad for DH and if you want to be core member with stable raid spot, you shouldnt roll a spec, that is among the first to be benched, if you are missing % of performance on certain mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    no, they arent crazy, Tomb is really bad for DH and if you want to be core member with stable raid spot, you shouldnt roll a spec, that is among the first to be benched, if you are missing % of performance on certain mechanics
    Granted I raid heroic in a semi casual / semi hardcore guild.

However I pull competitive dps, and provide good raid tools. Our speed means we do not struggle with mechanics. We have limited ranged dps tools for when we have to be out of range of the boss (Glaives, Eyebeam (yes eyebeam). And then there's netherwalk for ultimate soaking and surviving.

Only wish is they would lower the cooldown on Darkness to 1.5 or 2 min.

10+ Year Old Account
    Parsing 99 percentile and being like 5th on the dps meters is not fun

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Uh, we're not. There's 0 fights where we are not suitable to be brought in for. You're speaking nonsense, you simply need to get better before you talk
    Mythic Mistress...

Single target boss: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...050&dataset=99
    AoE boss: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...037&dataset=99

Heading into the next raid being far more of a wheelchair spec than Ret ever was. Total radio silence from Blizzard.

The gap is just too huge especially on certain bosses

Balance druid for example is very roughly equal with DH's on single target but they do literally 1.5x more damage on aoe fights, at times an average balance druid has done more damage than a top 1% havoc on some of these fights; very easy to replace excellent havoc players with okay druids for them.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-08-25 at 09:44 AM.

Even players not pushing for world first competition still may have goals of their own(top100, top500, server first, whatever) that are most certainly hindered by bringing classes that are sub par. Sure a DH is capable of being in on these kills, there were even a few brought in on some top20 FA and KJ kills, but that doesn't make it wrong to take note that they are far underrepresented in comparison to the population; props to those players/guilds for making it work, reality is still reality.

It's also the idea that as a DH you just know even if you are doing your best, putting up orange parses, but still falling middle or so of your damage meters, it just doesn't feel good, and there's nothing wrong with players feeling that way and wanted to have their performance more in line with other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Or its clear they're happy how we have turned out, thus no major changes, like, if aint broke, then dont fix it.

Also, can someone post a screenshot of out t21 set(elite gladiator and the normal gladiator version) on a female belf?
    And whats not broke about the expansions new class being bottom dps? Or tier sets which don't actually benefit the class. And never get changed when each other class actually gets iterations.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk dude, i have the same feeling as you do, but the devs said they're happy with the class balance, so ask that to them xD

• Official 7.3 Havoc DH changes

• AoTG is still too strong! So we are nerfing it [again] to 0.0...0314 Fury per hit.
      • To compensate previous change we are buffing damage of ability, no one going to use anyways, say, Demon's Bite by 2,1% (O_o). Welcome to top-1 DPS world!111
      • DH's wings are so cool, so we are increasing its size by 5%. Awesome! We know this is the change you waited for through entire expansion!
    No changes for DH isn't that bad - at least we didn't get nerfed again ))

Those bottom 7 specs really need to be brought up to at least frost mages level. We need another 3% dmg increase really, or you know a bonus +5% baseline to chaos strike crit chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Idk dude, i have the same feeling as you do, but the devs said they're happy with the class balance, so ask that to them xD
    They're happy because they all main mage, warlock, rogue or druid. For real though warlock has been so strong the entire expansion yet when certain other specs come close to their level they are immediately nerfed. It is fucking disgusting the bias they have for some classes this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    No changes for DH isn't that bad - at least we didn't get nerfed again ))
    Hard to nerf bottom, as if anyone would notice if we were nerfed anyway. Also, isn't a tier set bonus that is useless a nerf?

If we could change how some abilities function then something like the T21 might not be so bad. Like an expanded version of the old glyph system and could modify parameters like CD, duration, casting cost, targets hit, and so on at the cost of something else changing. So like shorter CD but higher initial cost or a weaker overall effect. I still don't feel like classes overall have enough customization options. They act like talents are enough but when half of them are bad and the other half of whats left is situational it doesn't really feel like there's actually any choice.

Are there already any sims for T21? It looks so bad for not-demonic build

All I know is, 923 gear, 700k dps... such a struggle