Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Termak View Post
    Random Dungeon Finder
    Never heard anyone calling it that, but cheers.

Rogue should be using tricks of the trade?

Rogue is idiot. He has tricks/evasion/cloak/vanish, and still manages to die? I used to pull as rogue as well, picking up 2 packs with tricks, run/step to tank with smokebomb (the good old days), and its pretty fun. I can't be the only one who glances over to tanks hp and figure out if he's fresh 110 or not. If he's 900 and pull like a snail, he deserves to be instakicked and flamed imo.

I love to pull lots of packs as tank, but I always ask healer if he's ok with it before I start.

Obviously both are idiots I would not want to be queued with.
    Doing dungeons, especially low level, are all about time efficiency. The tank wastes time by not pulling as fast as was possible, and the rogue wastes time by taking on too big a risk and dies, which stalls the whole run. Not even talking about any upcoming discussions in /i about it that waste even more time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    As someone who's tanked more than most on this forum, @Theprejudice is absolutely right. That said, if someone keeps pulling for a large part of the dungeon(s), let them die once but don't be an arrogant asshole and think you're special because you chose one of the three roles.
    I would agree with you until the part where the OP writes that the rogue had a tantrum. Then suddenly, it isn't both's fault but the rogue. I've been a tank for years now, and if you keep ninja pulling and I don't feel comfortable with keeping up, I'll let you die, multiple times if I have to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Moscovian Candidate View Post
    Rogue should be using tricks of the trade?
    Haven't met a rogue for years that knew how to do that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Better to let one bad die and continue the run as you would then having to constantly be forced to go out of your way to save said bad
    I mean if they're purposely going completely the wrong direction and it's a hassle to save them then yeah fuck them, but if it's the way we're going anyway then why does it matter? As a Brewmaster Monk, I can get aggro just by walking over them with rushing jade wind, i'd actually have to go out of my way or just do nothing to not save them.

I think a DPS shouldn't expect to be saved but the tank should put in the effort to save them anyway if it's within reason to do so.

If we're talking mythic +, why would you let them die? You're in it together at that point, it sucks that the DPS is pulling ahead but to not save him is just going to make things worse, the pack is more than likely going to agro onto you after he dies anyway.

If it's not a mythic +, why does it matter? When did you last wipe in a leveling dungeon or heroic? I can't even remember the last time I saw a DPS ninja pull in a low level dungeon and actually die from it.

With all that said I find 95% of groups to be totally reasonable and I find no issues, it's an extreme minority that cause these problems imo.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2017-08-11 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I mean if they're purposely going completely the wrong direction and it's a hassle to save them then yeah fuck them, but if it's the way we're going anyway then why does it matter? As a Brewmaster Monk, I can get aggro just by walking over them with rushing jade wind, i'd actually have to go out of my way or just do nothing to not save them.

I think a DPS shouldn't expect to be saved but the tank should put in the effort to save them anyway if it's within reason to do so.
    That would be acceptable I guess, like if he brought the mobs directly to the tank and tank was already using aoe abilities

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    - Healer doesn't DPS (Yes they used to not DPS as It was crucial, back when mana mattered and such)

Healers can DPS, but they should stop when someone goes below 50%~

Although in my personal experience it has gotten better in recent years, there has always been a "diva tank" mentality. This prima donna tank gets upset when other people pull, when a hunter's pet has growl turned on during trash, or when you ask them to pull faster. None of those things are big deals in my opinion. If someone else pulls, just use Taunt. If a hunter's pet has growl on, awesome let it take some hits off of you; if it dies, maybe that will teach the hunter to turn off Growl. If your team asks you to pull faster, do it.

OT, I think the rogue was probably fine for pulling, but then if you die for pulling prematurely then that's the consequence of your actions so getting all fired up about it is not appropriate.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Situation: RDF, tank going at his pace, rogue decides it's not fast enough, goes pulling packs, tank gives no f*cks, rogue dies, rogue throws tantrum, tank says "You pull, you tank".

Question: Who's in the right?
    The tank.

"You pull you tank" has been a rule since vanilla, the only exception is hunter MD and only if the tank is okay with it.

If you don't like the speed at which your tank is going then **** off and find another group.

As it is about normal/hero, in these modes you don't even need a tank. If you die as DD when pulling, you are just a bad player.
    I'm a main tank and I mostly do random heros as tank in dd spec if the group is well geared. Everything just dies in an instant. But if the group if less geared, I tank in my tanking spec and simply pull everything up to the next boss and aoe everything down.

There are slow tanks (probably new or other reasons) as well as dd that are simply overgeared and able to kill stuff without help. But if you are a less geared dd and are not able to kill what you pull, while playing with a slow tank, you are just a bad dd who is unable to see his own faults.

Tank was in the right,

Personal experience I've done this, one or two solo mobs is fine, but when rogues or hunters start pulling packs I'm done.

Reminds me one time in mop when I decided to start tanking again, but this time on my warrior. Never ever played prot war in my life. So figure good idea is to start in dungeons and go from there. Anyways first thing I say is something along the lines 'Hi I'm new to tanking, bare with me', instantly the hunter starts mass pulling every mob and has his pet tiger on taunt. I gave him two polite warnings to stop, then directly told him to stop. He carried on so I said fuck it, I'm sitting here afking it (sorry to the rest of the group as they were agreeing with me). They ended up wiping on the first boss three times and ended up kicking me, while I was getting a torrent of abuse from the hunter.

It was delicious when I rejoined the que and got back into exactly the same group 30 seconds later and they had used up their vote kick. I however could initiate one, so I did on the hunter, entered my name as the reason and he got booted. Got a fresh dps and it was a pleasant run

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I would agree with you until the part where the OP writes that the rogue had a tantrum. Then suddenly, it isn't both's fault but the rogue. I've been a tank for years now, and if you keep ninja pulling and I don't feel comfortable with keeping up, I'll let you die, multiple times if I have to.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't met a rogue for years that knew how to do that.
    I refer you to the latter part of my post. The Rogue did that after, which doesn't justify the tank being a cunt as well beforehand.

Also about the Tricks thing, do you only play with absolute noobs?
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2017-08-11 at 09:36 AM.

I usually let the person who pulled die then start tanking.

I also usually never group with that person again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refer you to the latter part of my post. The Rogue did that after, which doesn't justify the tank being a cunt as well beforehand.
    But the tank wasn't a cunt, he was serving a warning. Could be that the tank, as I wrote, didn't feel comfortable with it.

Also about the Tricks thing, do you only play with absolute noobs?
    Dunno, maybe? Ask the Mythic+15 and up, or just generally LFG as well. Only place I don't see it. And in raid, well, mostly not a problem for rogues has been quite rare for the picture there.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Tank is right, if it was intentional pull, accidental aggros happen. Also if the rogue didn't talk to the group in chat about going faster, tank is even more in the right.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Rogue's an idiot for pulling, and for dying.

Tank's an idiot for going slower than the group is able to handle.
    Sometimes it's not about the speed the group can handle but the speed the tank can move that is the limiting factor. As DK I can run at constant speed through the dungeon without ever stopping and a DH would still be ahead of me and pull. Rogues are not much better in that regard. or hunters that continually run in front of the group shooting backwards. How am I ever supposed to get in front of someone like that?

Also very often I am in front of the very dds pulling in damage because they suck. They don't give two shits about the speed the group can handle.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2017-08-11 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The "you pull, you tank" mentally is out of touch and just retarded thinking.

It's the tanks JOB to tank shit REGARDLESS of how it was aggroed. That kind of mindset is unacceptable in LFD and LFR imo.
    agree. as a healer i heal people even if they fail, stay in fire, taking mechanics they should not or pull when i am low mana. my job is to take the groupe alive in ANY situation. moreover if the tank dont do this jod and i do mine if the dps who pulled die i follow and the rest of the groupe too. tank who do that are retard and deserve to be kick and play alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    If someone else pulls, just use Taunt.
    Typical dd attitude. You do shit, tank has to do extra work. And usually mobs move in packs in dungeons. Can't taunt those if you don't have a masstaunt. Or in my case as a DK no Blood Boil charges, no aggro.
    If a hunter's pet has growl on, awesome let it take some hits off of you; if it dies, maybe that will teach the hunter to turn off Growl.
    A constantly growling pet messes up Omen so you don't see who has aggro from what. Add to that a dd that pulls extra packs and you have chaos and stress.
    If your team asks you to pull faster, do it.
    See my above post:
    Sometimes it's not about the speed the group can handle but the speed the tank can move that is the limiting factor. As DK I can run at constant speed through the dungeon without ever stopping and a DH would still be ahead of me and pull. Rogues are not much better in that regard. or hunters that continually run in front of the group shooting backwards. How am I ever supposed to get in front of someone like that?
    Last edited by Galathir; 2017-08-11 at 10:01 AM.

Question: who cares?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english