Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    After a certain age (will let the experts decide), require annual tests to make sure they can still drive safely. If they fail that and some allowed appeal test, they shouldn't be allowed to drive.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

When they fail their driving test...

Test every 10 years till pensioner age, then every 1-2 years onwards.

After you have run over your 6th person.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So if someone can't drive safely unless they're 10 miles under the speed limit I think it's time to turn in the drivers license. I'm talking 15 mph in a 25 mph zone. What do you guys think?
    I'd rather have people drive too slow than too fast.

I hope I never see the day where I am stuck in the damn house because my vision is too shit to drive. Hopefully self-driving cars will be a thing by then.

Easy answer is when they are no longer safe to drive. Reasons for that being the case are varied and while the answer is simple the enforcement is anything but. Eye test at renewal at the very least should be standard.

I'd say take a new test past retirement age but that age nowadays in like 110 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I'd say take a new test past retirement age but that age nowadays in like 110 or something.
    LMAO!!! Well done sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'd rather have people drive too slow than too fast.

I hope I never see the day where I am stuck in the damn house because my vision is too shit to drive. Hopefully self-driving cars will be a thing by then.
    For sure but there's also a point where driving too slow is as much of a hazard. Going 30 on a highway with a speed of 75 for example.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    For sure but there's also a point where driving too slow is as much of a hazard. Going 30 on a highway with a speed of 75 for example.
    For sure. Most states have speed laws in relationship to flow of traffic for a reason.

If they buy an Audi or a BMW, someone from the DMV fast-ropes in from the Chinook and cuts up their license.

If it's a Lincoln Town Car, they just blow the entire dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    if a ticket is the bench mark do we mean any ticket? Or only certain types of tickets? What if someone gets at ticket for having their car radio up to loud? Does that warrant taking the driving portion again?
    i mean, you could probably apply common sense. but you do you man

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    After a certain age (will let the experts decide), require annual tests to make sure they can still drive safely. If they fail that and some allowed appeal test, they shouldn't be allowed to drive.
    so good to be young - this feeling of "i'm immortal and i wont be like other old people"

one day you will realise that you will be old too - i bet you would love to have your licence removed .

Deleted
    When the doctor says so.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so good to be young - this feeling of "i'm immortal and i wont be like other old people"

one day you will realise that you will be old too - i bet you would love to have your licence removed .
    What the hell are you on about, nothing of what you said is in his post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never at this point arm everyone let them drive whatever they can move on the road because America Freedom!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I'm not sure I follow you -- License renewal (at least here in Illinois) is every 4 years. I know in some other places it's 5 years. Basically instead of just taking a new photo and calling it a day they submit to another written and driving test like they did when they first got their license. Both the rules of the road and technology has changed quite a bit even in the last 22 years since I got my own license.
    I got my license in 2006 and it doesn't expire until 2058 =/

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    If you live in a developed country/area you don't need one to begin with...otherwise never.
    overdeveloped you mean. who would want to live like sardines? we have all this space on earth and you want to breathe other peoples air all day long even in my fucking home? lol no thanks bro.

just imagine when you see somebody hit a vape and exhales... people exhale that amount every time they breathe. that cant be good for the human body, places like NYC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I got my license in 2006 and it doesn't expire until 2058 =/
    uhh do they do any check ups before that? what if you vision degrades way before then? good luck people of finland?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - as I need a drivers licence to survive - I imagine when I'm ready to die I suppose.
    You drive a car?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You drive a car?
    Yeah - that's how I feed myself, get to the doctors and that sort of thing.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

When the rivers run red with blood.

I always felt there should be a "Brain processing speed" test you should have to do every five years after you turn 70. If you can't respond to a simple question like "What is the animal in this picture?" in a reasonable amount of time, how will you be able to process "The light just changed" or "I shouldn't turn left yet"?