Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    uhh do they do any check ups before that? what if you vision degrades way before then? good luck people of finland?
    They recently changed how it works. Every drivers license granted after 19.1.2013 lasting 2, 5 or 15 years each. Once you've turned 65, it'll only be 5 years in effect.
    And the cards granted prior to that date, lasts only until 18.1.2033 at the most, regardless if the card states that it expires much later.
    Last edited by Manthis; 2017-08-11 at 12:05 PM.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Given the op means the age of the driver, if you cannot pass the sensory and cognitive tests required to acquire a drivers licence in the first place, it should be revoked. If you are deemed lawfully fit to drive, you should be able to keep your licence.

If they mean disruptive driving in general, dangerously disruptive driving is unlawful already and consistent behaviour of this type leads to strikes and possible loss of licence. People driving a few k's below the speed limit is annoying, but that's partly why they invented overtaking lanes.

Pretty significant question, this has been a hot topic in Sweden recently as two incidents happened, both drivers were 70+, one hit a bunch of kids that got badly wounded and one backed into and killed a woman because she hit the wrong pedal.

Really, there should be some kind of law in place to keep this from happening. I get that old people feel their independence and freedom gets taken away, but if you're potentially dangerous in traffic you really shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    When they fail their driving test...

Test every 10 years till pensioner age, then every 1-2 years onwards.
    Not sure it's necessary to test a 28-year old unless they suffer from some sort of disability. I agree with the testing every few years for pensioners though, but there's no real need to start until the 50s at the very earliest, you're not gonna suffer from deteriorating cognitive abilities before then.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2017-08-11 at 12:38 PM.

When you are incapable of driving straight, comfortably follow regulations for driving.

OR THE MOMENT WHEN PEOPLE FORGET THEIR TURN SIGNAL IS THERE TO NOT FUCKING CRASH INTO ME.

I honestly believe that after a certain age you should be required to retest for your license every couple years.

Deleted
    As soon as they're bad drivers. Which, for quite a few people, means every single time they're behind a wheel, from the first day they drive a car. So, it's not really a matter of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    When reaction times and eyesight become too impaired. Which is very different depending on the individual. If an elderly person starts crawling in traffic and having problems driving straight, maybe even sticking to the middle line way too much, it's a great time to stop them from driving.
    The same thing can be said for BAC (blood alcohol content). If we can set an arbitrary number (usually .08) for that to ban driving then why not set an arbitrary age at which we ban driving. I can guarantee, that at 1.2 to 1.5 BAC I can have faster and smoother reaction times that more than half of the elderly age 70+ but they can continue to drive.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2017-08-11 at 02:50 PM. Reason: misplaced decimal

Re-test every 10 years, then every 5 from 55-70, then every 2. As long as you pass, you keep your license.

I am also in agreement for separate tests in states with specific weather conditions requiring a separate test under those conditions. Driving on a bright sunny day is easy. Driving on a 7 lane highway over a bridge with hurricane force winds blowing, or in torrential downpour (the kind where your wipers are useless), or in whiteout blizzard conditions - those are exceedingly difficult and require different skills that you might never learn depending on when your birthday is (and by extension, when you take your driving test).

I am just salty because my birthday is in December, and I had to pass my road test in 6 inches of snow and slush, while people with summertime birthdays get off scott free.

I once saw an old guy get into his car and drive away in first gear with handbrake on. I shouted at him to make him realize what he's doing but he ignored me.

At this point pls stop driving.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    The same thing can be said for BAC (blood alcohol content). If we can set an arbitrary number (usually .08) for that to ban driving then why not set an arbitrary age at which we ban driving. I can guarantee, that at 1.2 to 1.5 BAC I can have faster and smoother reaction times that more than half of the elderly age 70+ but they can continue to drive.
    Or as someone else suggested, just retest more frequently as people get older.