Poll: Would you like to see BOE/BOP removed ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
    An easier solution would simply allow you to learn the appearance, but leave the item as is.
    The problem with that is that the current system only allow you to learn appearances of items you are allowed to equip. I hope this will be changed at one point. At the very least for legacy content.

As for the poll topic; No. The system we have today is good enough.

actually... it's not even that. For weapons, sure it's whatever you can equip. However for armor it's your expected armor type, regardless of what you can equip. Also not all cosmetic items are available.

And then there are the items that are restricted for vague reasons that don't make much sense... I've heard some aren't allowed for being 'holiday' items, some for being 'silly' and others are 'available' but their sources are no longer in game so you're fucked.

No thanks. You would be able to farm the crap out of content on one character and gear all your alts and your main at the same time. Which I know for some sounds perfect, but it would quickly start to degrade the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It would go out of control. I didn't say that BoP stopped rwt but it does discourage it a lot.

Just look at how D3 did with the real money auction house
    I think the problem referenced in D3 is a bit more involved than simply focusing on being able to trade equipment.

surplus gear would get treated in a similar manner that we view normal dungeon drops or those green BoE's... the high end ones get so much attention and price tags because there's nothing else to really buy and those let you get spots filled.

WoW's economy right now is also fucked because of a lack of real gold sinks letting everyone amass tens of thousands of gold even if they don't try reaching for the gold cap.

But really... such a system still needs to look at retaining gear. Many games that lack some form of equipment binding tend to also make that equipment leave your inventory more easily (like on death looting or dropping loot on death).

That said, inherently... there's no real link between RWT and whether or not equipment binds to the user, that's more related to whether or not the game has RWT options within in (which wow and D3 both do)

I'd actually want to see it removed on only mounts. I just feel kind of sad when I have to delete a mount that I already have, when trying to farm old raids. For actual gear? Nah.

Nope, we can already trade loot to people who were there and thus, who deserve the loot. If all items became BoE then you'd just have people selling full mythic gear and everyone would be buying WoWtokens, gold prices on everything would get fucked up massively. It would quite literally become Pay2Win with the highest end gear being purchasable via wow token gold. At least as it is now, you're not getting anywhere near the best gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do however would like to see the unique property removed from game it conflicts with when we need a certain secondary stats like haste or mastery and im sick of seeing versatility and crit non stop not like we can reforge our gear any more.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    A lot of mmo have no BOE/BOP system, and all the items can be tradable.
    U can loot a sweet item and give it to your friend later.
    What do you think about a system like that in wow ? Too much Gold2Win feast with the action house ? give me ur reason.
    BoE should be removed.. BoP should stay.... And more BoA please..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Be fun to see the AH/market swamped with items... especially if they don't get removed from the pool if different people can keep wearing it.

Yeeeeeeeah, no...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-08-11 at 08:39 PM.

Yes, this is one way that Diablo is vastly superior to WoW. Just make everything BoA.