Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    They need to squad up. Roll around in panel vans. We got tactical SUV's round here.
    Los Angeles and I was sitting on the roof of a 4 story building, all the other buildings for miles were single story. There were some gun shots, first thing you saw was a helicopter with the spot light sweeping the ground, next about 6 officers showed up at least one carrying an AR15, maybe even a AR16. I don't know if they caught the guy but it definitely was a military type response from the police.

The shooter in the video was a cold blooded killer, he didn't even show an emotion it was like the cop was an annoying fly.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-08-11 at 03:15 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is one of those incidents that has a lot to do with overreach to make one point, as I have seen some also that try to make the opposite point, to try to justify an action or the past which doesn't exactly fit.

I get it though, it isn't the perfect scenario, which is always tough because each situation can be very unique that said, I don't think the more over points should be lost. Cops do a fucking dangerous and incredible job, and sometimes like RIGHT NOW, they too often get blamed and demonized for doing a thankless job, even by the bootlickers that will occasionally pretend to stick up for them when THEY think they are one of the good guys supporting the boys in blue.

But that said on the flip side of it, Black people are targeted and killed at an alarming rate by police, POLICE not white people, and a justice system that if you are poor and yes typically in many situations black and lack resources are either prosecuted or never see justice. However by proportion while white people for example aren't as often in the situation it isn't because they don't do the same dumb fucking shit as black people nor does it mean if you are poor as fuck, you aren't likely not to get the OJ or Lindsey Lohan kind of Justice.

All of the above are fucking truths

One kind of problem doesn't suddenly negate the problems in another. Sometimes what seems like a solution can be but create several more problems.

However more OT I don't think there was a right or wrong per say in the incident, however I do think this cop did his job, and the person why shot him is a fucking idiot. Yes of course if a cop is talking to you, follow fucking commands FFS, following that won't always keep you safe however especially if you happen to be a _______. But the truth is cops are just doing mostly the best they can, and this guy was doing just that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Man, cops these days suck. They need to get more training. Obviously he should have realized that the person in question was really hurried for their engineering classes and they didn't have the time to be stopped by a bigoted police officer for no reason. As a law abiding citizen you need to take care of yourself and be safe when your welbeeing is endangered. I really can't fault the guy for realizing that he was in mortal danger and he shot the racist cop. /s

On a more serious note if he was alone he shouldn't have went with the tazer. Either wait for backup(in which case the guy most likely gets away and people complain but who cares) or go with your proper gun. Then when the person decides to pull his own gun you at least have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Los Angeles and I was sitting on the roof of a 4 story building, all the other buildings for miles were single story. There were some gun shots, first thing you saw was a helicopter with the spot light sweeping the ground, next about 6 officers showed up at least one carrying an AR15, maybe even a AR16. I don't know if they caught the guy but it definitely was a military type response from the police.

The shooter in the video was a cold blooded killer, he didn't even show an emotion it was like the cop was an annoying fly.
    I loved the movie End of Watch. Always had choppers in the air when she was happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Being an officer can be dangerous.

If he had his gun out, the criminal might not have pulled HIS out. As it was, the guy probably saw the taser and laughed.

And if the cop had fired first we would have been all over that poor, innocent civilian. We tend to be really harsh on criticizing the police when they react hastily but they have no idea if someone's armed most of the time until they've pulled out the gun. Concealed carry and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by sgthotrod View Post
    This is why it is so hard for police officers now-a-days. You're damned if you do and dead if you don't.
    Please, that's only when excessive force is used. This guy received several warnings, and I would have no issue if he was tazed. You guys would rather want the cop to shoot immediately after being ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So if a cop tells you to do something unreasonable (like take off your clothes or roll over and die), you have to comply?
    Takes a pretty impressive degree of stupid to make this comparison.

Why was he alone?
    I thought most cops, especially in USA, go in pairs.
    And that cop sounds rather young (or has a young sounding voice).

Also... why did he ask him like 129 times to stop?
    Ask the fucker twice or three times - if he does not respond, tazer the fucker.
    As soon as the cop realized the guy was intentionally ignoring him and "walking away" he should have tazed him.

I also find it kinda disturbing and funny how the voice over dispatch is thoroughly not giving a shit:
    - DISPATCH I HAVE BEEN HIT! I AM BLEEDING!
    - Okay sir, please hold *plays elevator music*
    - Proceeds to alert other cop units in a rather slow and bored voice
    - I AM BLEEDING FROM THE NECK, PLEASE HELP!
    - No response from dispatch, no reassurances or any vocal support
    - Tell my family i love them
    - Still nothing.... i guess dispatch was too busy watching a soap opera or something.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2017-08-11 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Like one other poster said earlier, get backup and continue to follow the suspicious person. Immediately tasering someone because they didn't comply is an egregious excessive use of force. What if they were deaf? What if they couldn't speak? Under duress?
    What if they were late to church? What if they were trying to earn book money for that chemistry class? What if their Mom was home alone?

Bunch of BS. If you do not follow an officers orders you should get tazed, and/or tackled.