Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The leak was accurate and right. Blizzard just scrapped their plans for the content patches of the expansion due to unknown reasons. All of it was planned and announced but didn't make it into the game in the end. The guy leaked what was known by then and everything he leaked was true at that time.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it's just two weeks until Gamescom and the (most likely happening) announcement there. Doesn't really matter if it's 3 days, 7 days or 14 days imho. There is no need for others to believe this leak, I do though. I think it's convincing, plausible and most likely the next expansion. If others disagree with me I am totally fine with that.
    Let me get this right, you think you are going to see the next expac revealed at Gamescon? Seriously? Based on what precisely?
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2017-08-12 at 09:35 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Let me get this right, you think you are going to see the next expac revealed at Gamescon? Seriously? Based on what precisely?
    I was one of the guys saying Blizzcon is where we get the announcement for the next expansion but I made up my mind and I'm on the Gamescom train right now. Would be strange to not have it by then but... nobody knows. We discussed this for several pages, the pros and cons of a Gamescom / Blizzcon announcement etc. - it's 50:50 right now.

Pro Gamescom is: 7.3 is already known, 7.3.5 as well, we know how Legion will end. Only the cinematic is missing right now. Gamescom announcement would allow them to follow the "Legion schedule" and release the next expansion at the same time as Legion (although this could even happen when it's announced on Blizzcon). Blizzard wants to make it their "biggest Gamescom yet" (official statement) and some Blizzard employees are hyping up Gamescom.

There is no proof that it will be Gamescom but it's (as) likely (as Blizzcon). That's why I said 50:50.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-12 at 09:40 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I was one of the guys saying Blizzcon is where we get the announcement for the next expansion but I made up my mind and I'm on the Gamescom train right now. Would be strange to not have it by then but... nobody knows. We discussed this for several pages, the pros and cons of a Gamescom / Blizzcon announcement etc. - it's 50:50 right now.
    Didn't Blizzard add another hall for this year? Why would they do that if they were going to in effect going to shoot their expansion load at Gamescom? Why would they reveal two expansions in a row at Gamescom?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Didn't Blizzard add another hall for this year? Why would they do that if they were going to in effect going to shoot their expansion load at Gamescom? Why would they reveal two expansions in a row at Gamescom?
    Well, the argument right now is just a teaser trailer and some of the main features at Gamescom (maybe a 2-3 minute "presentation") and the main talk about the expansion at Blizzcon with different panels where everything is described (like they did with Legion).

ppl should finally start to realize that there was NEVER since wow exists a direct transition from one xpac to another without a content drought. and even more since blizzard stated (before Legion) that they give up trying for "yearly xpacs without content droughts" and go back to old standard roll outs.

the date of the leak, if true, is the start of the alpha (or at max beta, what i really dont believe) and nothing else. the next xpac will never ever be here before aug-nov 2018. this isnt an oppinion. this is a fukin simple fact when you looked at wow development for the last 12 years.

Deleted
    7.3 is 30/08 after gamescom
    7.3.5 is 15/11 after blizzcon

Veil of Shadows may or may not be true, I honestly do not know. I do believe 7.3 will hit before Sept 1st. But, there is no possible way the next xpac will be released in 5 months. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard this entire year. Every single xpac launched 5-6 months after the beta started. And the beta usually launches 4-6 months after the 1st announcement for the new xpac. Blizzard possesses more than a 10 year pattern of this. They've unsuccessfully tried to shorten this pattern 4x's.

A smart reasonable person who isn't a fan boy knows they'll announce the new xpac at Blizzcon, kick start the beta in early March '18 and launch the new xpac early August '18. Yes, that means raiding the last tier for 1 full year - again. There is a possibility they'll announce the new xpac at Gamescon, it all depends on the sub#'s which we do not know. If the sub#'s are very poor, they'll announce the new xpac at Gamescon which means a May or June '18 launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is usually around 6 months. I think you mean January 2019
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the argument right now is just a teaser trailer and some of the main features at Gamescom (maybe a 2-3 minute "presentation") and the main talk about the expansion at Blizzcon with different panels where everything is described (like they did with Legion).
    Then when do you plan for them to release the 7.3 trailer and announce its release date? or do believe they are going to wait until Blizzcon to release that? If you think they are going to wait that long on 7.3 then why exactly did they announce that the season 4 pvp was ending soon?

Gamescom opens on the 23rd of August... you are going to see the 7.3 trailer and Blizzard is going to tell us that it is going live on either the 29th of August or the 5th of September. if they 'tease' anything it might be the 7.3.5 raid slides...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    And it will be the last patch of this expansion which will give us content for about 5 months until Veil of Shadows is released in January 2018. I think it's very, very possible this could happen, especially with announcement at GamesCom. I am not really excited, personally, about this expansion though.
    The Veil of Shadows expansion is a poorly thought up and bullshit theory. Pandaren Death Knights breaks a ton of lore, and even Blizzard wouldn't be stupid enough to retcon all of Wrath and MoP. Also, Tauren Warlocks and Troll Paladins make absolutely zero sense.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Then when do you plan for them to release the 7.3 trailer and announce its release date? or do believe they are going to wait until Blizzcon to release that? If you think they are going to wait that long on 7.3 then why exactly did they announce that the season 4 pvp was ending soon?

Gamescom opens on the 23rd of August... you are going to see the 7.3 trailer and Blizzard is going to tell us that it is going live on either the 29th of August or the 5th of September. if they 'tease' anything it might be the 7.3.5 raid slides...
    This will happen at Gamescom as well. We are talking about ~ 5 minutes dedicated to the upcoming expansion and hours dedicated to 7.3 and 7.3.5 here. It's not like the expansion announcement would take all their time in Cologne.

7.3 will be released 29th August. This is much likely a given right now (77 days "rule", PvP season ending soon).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    The Veil of Shadows expansion is a poorly thought up and bullshit theory. Pandaren Death Knights breaks a ton of lore, and even Blizzard wouldn't be stupid enough to retcon all of Wrath and MoP. Also, Tauren Warlocks and Troll Paladins make absolutely zero sense.
    We already discussed this, Pandaren DK doesn't break any lore at all. We're talking about an upcoming expansion which will have new storylines and the basis for possible Pandaren DKs has been layed out in Legion with Ebon Blade doing what they want ignoring faction boundaries or peace regulations or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    the fact that a doman registration on the same platform blizz used for past expansions was registered in 2013 along with the past expacs as aswell only for the exact same name to be "leaked" now is a very very lucky coincidence if it were fake?

two thousand fking thirteen, fking 4 years ago
    That means absolutely nothing. The Dark Below was also registered, and everyone was 1000% sure it was going to be a WoW expansion. Well, that was 4 years ago.

You can't really be serious...

10+ Year Old Account
    This will happen at Gamescom as well. We are talking about ~ 5 minutes dedicated to the upcoming expansion and hours dedicated to 7.3 and 7.3.5 here. It's not like the expansion announcement would take all their time in Cologne.

7.3 will be released 29th August. This is much likely a given right now (77 days "rule", PvP season ending soon).
    So it is your claim that we are going to get 7.3 AND the expansion reveal at Gamescom? Talk about shooting your load early... what are you planning for them to show at Blizzcon, home movies of the WoW devs hanging out with the cosplay Lich King?

So it is your claim that we are going to get 7.3 AND the expansion reveal at Gamescom? Talk about shooting your load early... what are you planning for them to show at Blizzcon, home movies of the WoW devs hanging out with the cosplay Lich King?
    As I already said, Blizzcon will be full of expansion content and expansion panels. We just get a sneak peak at the expansion at Gamescom, nothing more. Blizzcon will be dedicated to the new game systems, game changes etc. That's how they handled Legion as well.

Last year with Legion, it was not a 2-3 min presentation

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

We already discussed this, Pandaren DK doesn't break any lore at all. We're talking about an upcoming expansion which will have new storylines and the basis for possible Pandaren DKs has been layed out in Legion with Ebon Blade doing what they want ignoring faction boundaries or peace regulations or whatever.
    The Ebon Blade only raised FOUR people to fill a special role, and that was just for the DK campaign questline. It required A LOT of power from not only the player, but also that of Bolvar as well. That happening isn't enough to justify the existence of Pandaren Death Knights. This isn't as simple as Human Hunters, or Dwarf Warlocks. Really any race should be able to be a hunter, and Dwarf Warlocks are from the Dark Iron Clan. The "working together as a class" was for the sake of the Legion story. Blizzard is still keeping their Horde vs Alliance theme. There is nothing that justifies Pandaren Death Knights. I can't even imagine the series of mental gymnastics you're doing to validate this...

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Last year with Legion, it was not a 2-3 min presentation
    They did not talk about Legion that much after their announcement at Gamescom. They showed us the main features and the trailer if I remember correctly, some little talk afterwards and that was it for Legion back in 2015. At Gamescom 2016 they showed us 7.1 afaik.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    There is nothing that justifies Pandaren Death Knights. I can't even imagine the series of mental gymnastics you're doing to validate this...
    And there's nothing that makes Pandaren DKs impossible. What's your argument against them? There is none. Look at this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46887487 - we already discussed the possibility of Pandaren DKs there, just read the discussion starting at page 32 or so.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-12 at 10:28 AM.

They did not talk about Legion that much after their announcement at Gamescom. They showed us the main features and the trailer if I remember correctly, some little talk afterwards and that was it for Legion back in 2015. At Gamescom 2016 they showed us 7.1 afaik.
    They made at least an hour long presentation talking about the artifacts, Broken Isles, new pvp system, etc..

There you go

10+ Year Old Account
    And there's nothing that makes Pandaren DKs impossible. What's your argument against them? There is none.
    Can you not read?

I already explained that they weren't around during the events of Wrath, and there isn't a sustainable means to create new Death Knights, which means you can't create Pandaren Death Knights. To make them a thing, Blizzard would literally have to rewrite everything about Wrath and MoP. They're not going to do that.

What exactly are you having a hard time comprehending here?