Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    What happens when a tauren and a gnome have a baby ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Tauren:- Subrace: Taunka. The formidable taunka of Northrend have been exploring the world beyond.
    Yaungol is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Worgen:
    - New skins, faces
    Female alpha model, removal of the current chihuahua model.

I'd just be happy to have the DK blue hair option on my Blood Elf :P

... And maybe Orcs that aren't hunchy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Not exactly. Subraces also have the possible issue of new starter areas (from story and integration perspective) for them which simply adding customisation wouldn't require. Not saying that is how Blizzard would implement them but I could see that as a possibility as a Dark Iron starting in Dun Morogh would be a bit out of place (not a problem for me though). They've already done something like this by moving the gnomes starting area to the Gnomeregan area from Coldridge Valley so full zones wouldn't necessarily be required if they could be linked into the normal starter zones.

And they've starter areas for Goblins and Worgen that you don't go back to which I feel is a waste.

As long as it's possible to update a current character in game (at the barber shop for instance) I'd be happy.
    You said.. "We don't need sub races, just sub race customization" What you meant to say was. "We don't need sub race starter zones just the customization"
    What you did say was the same thing but in your head there was an assumption that wasn't translated to the post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Just a reminder sub races are confirmed in case anyone comes here objecting the truth.

What time for the bit about sub races, this is an hour long lol.

Give me Vry'kul!

I'm hyped for subraces, always have been.

My only issue, I hope they don't try to keep everything even and equal. Orcs will have more subs than say a goblin for example, and that's ok. Hopefully that's ok with everyone, though I can see the potential for tears

"B-BUT ORCS HAVE M-MORE THAN WORGEN. NOT FAIR. HORDE FAVORITISM"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    My concept:

If a sub-race can be achieved by just a new skin, then it'll be just a new skin. So, Maghar, Wildhammer and so on would be just new skins.
    "Sub-race", in this concept, is when the model is different from base race. For example, Broken from Draenei or Taunka for Tauren. Sub-races, in this context, would have:
    - Its own customization options (for example, options for faces/horns would be different for Taunka)
    - Its own set of classes available (for example, Broken could be Warlocks or Rogues, unlike Draenei)
    - Its own racial identification in the tooltip ("Broken" instead of "Draenei")
    - A different narration when you start a new character, explaining your sub-race.

My idea of a possible selection of new customization features and sub-races is that not every race would get a sub-race. There would be only a few sub-races, but other races would be compensated by getting way more customization options, including body types. Here's how I'd do it.

Unprecedented Customization Options:
    For all races:
    - New hairstyles
    - New skin and hair colors

Death Knights:
    - Add option to choose eye glow (standard, red, green or none).
    - New "Cult of the Damned" skins.

Humans:
    - New faces and hair that allow ethinic variation (asian-like, black-like features, curled hair types)
    - Body type (choose between current muscular or new agile body types for both males and females)

Dwarves:
    - New beards
    - Wildhammer and Dark Iron skins

Night Elves:
    - Can choose eye glow (yellow or blue, not linked to sex anymore)
    - New tatoos (including males' and body tattoos)
    - Subrace: High Elf. After the events of Legion, the high elves, under the protection of the Silver Covenant, have been strengthening their ties to both the Night Elves and the Wildhammer dwarves.

Gnomes:
    - New faces, skins and hairstyles (Including the smiling female we almost got in WoD)

Draenei:
    - New skins, including partially corrupted (greyish, redish)
    - Eye color (blue, golden, violet, light green)
    - Tails (including longer options and tail accessories)
    - New horns
    - Subrace: Broken. From both Outland and Argus, the krokul outcasts have been searching a new beginning for their lives.

Worgen:
    - New skins, faces
    - High-res models.
    - Human model customization separated from Worgen's.

Orcs:
    - New faces
    - Skins for every orc type: fel-tainted red, brown (light and dark), grey (light and dark)
    - Tatoos (like Bleeding Hollow)/Body paint
    - Body type: Choose between hunched or straight back.

Tauren:
    - Skins for Grimtotem, Highmountain and new ones.
    - More faces (specially for female)
    - New horns (including Hightmountain)
    - Subrace: Taunka. The formidable taunka of Northrend have been exploring the world beyond.

Trolls:
    - Skins for forest, ice, desert
    - New tatoos/fangs
    - Body types: Standard slim or muscular (like Forest Trolls).
    - (At first I considering making Forest Trolls a subrace, but then came the idea of combining new skins and body types, so we could make a proper forest troll, a muscular jungle troll, a slim ice troll or other combinations that wouldn't be possible with just one subrace).

Undead:
    - New skins
    - Eye glow: choose between standard yellow, blue (like Lilian Voss'), green or red.
    - Body type: Option to hide bones
    - Subraces: Forsaken Elf (uses blood elf model). The elves killed by the Scourge, now in service of Sylvanas; Elite Forsaken (uses human models with dead skins; based on recent Nathanos story). New developments would allow Sylvanas to strengthen a few more Forsaken, creating an elite cadre of champions.

Blood Elf
    - New skins (including options both for partially fel-infused [darker tones, redish, scars] and more akin to night elf/nightborne ancestry [lighter tones, slightly greyish or bluish])
    - Eye glow: choose standard green, blue, silvery or golden
    - Tattoos and arcane runes
    - Subrace: Nightborne. After the events of Suramar, a good number of nightborne have formed a deeper bond with their long-lost Sin'dorei cousins. In order to study with them and have access to the Sunwell, these nightborne have pledged allegiance to Silvermoon.

Goblin:
    - New high-res models
    - New options for faces and hairstyles
    - Body types (standard slim or slightly fat)

Pandaren:
    - MORE FACES!
    I like most of what was posted here, and believe these are the highest options for what is to come

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I like most of what was posted here, and believe these are the highest options for what is to come
    Thanks. I hope I get close to what we will get.

I really like the idea of sub-races, I wouldn't mind some cross-factional sub-races either. Like Alliance get Grimtotem Tauren, Horde get red-skinned Eredar.... maybe Dark Iron get betrayed by Alliance and go Horde, then finally the hotly debated Alliance High Elves can be a thing.

But my personal never going to happen dream in WoW, and this is more of a new race not sub-race, Horde Paladin Saberon.

I'd love it if they let you use the alpha hairstyles for worgen. I hate that mane that clips through helms. Also leaper gnomes and yellow orcs like rexxar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. I hope I get close to what we will get.
    Fingers crossed, honestly I'm really betting on your list but I have a feeling some races might be left out of the Sub-Races either altogether or longer then others. I believe they said there'd have to be a reason/lore for it to be happening. So that would take a little development alone next creating the textures/skins

5+ Year Old Account
    Hands down Vrykul

Deleted
    Not on board with the whole sub race thing tbh, it seems like a lot of work to make new starting zones considering the choices will be inherently unbalanced between races.

As increased customisation options sure but nothing else for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I linked the exact second where he confirmed it...
    *Just a reminder sub races are confirmed in case anyone comes here objecting the truth. *

That's all you said. The video played from the start.

Logical subraces :

Troll -> forest trolls
    Orcs -> white, red and brown orcs
    Tauren -> Highmountain tauren and taunka
    Gnomes -> lepergnomes and mecha gnomes
    Dwarves -> Dark iron, wildhammer
    Undead -> undead elves
    Blood elves -> Highelves
    Nightelves -> suramar elves
    Worgen -> No clue
    Goblins -> Gilblins
    Pandaren -> idk, furbolg maybe? No idea here.
    Human -> Vrykul

Not gonna happen thankfully.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Nightborne and Argus draenei are pretty much going to happen, you have idiots like the Gamescom guy that keep arguing against it, but certain people are just ignorant to the clues and evidence that is around them.

I am pretty sure we can expect non hunchback orcs and different troll tribes too, undead will probably get dead elves and shit, I suppose they've got plans for Sylvanas so maybe that'll fill in the lore about how she manages to save her people. You got Highmountain tauren, Wildhammer dwarves, leper gnomes and so on.

I really hope they go wild with this thing and just create a fuckton of them, could bring that old warcraft feeling back where you got so many different characters running around.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing I wouldn't accept is if they gave Nightborne to the horde, and then the alliance didn't get high elves.

If they are going to share the alliance / horde models with one another, then it needs to be equal for obvious reasons.