Baltimore for a visit

Baltimore looks bad..
    More people being killed in Baltimore than usual

Ravens supporters ..what happens.
    The Baltimore Ravens fight on...

Would you go to Baltimore ?

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...6c2787fb3b2d66

FROM the outskirts, Balimore looks like an all-American town — the birthplace of the national anthem, famous for its crab shacks, and the home of the Baltimore Ravens.

But the Maryland city is in the grip of a violent crime epidemic, dubbed “murder city" for its status as one of the most dangerous places to live in the US.

This week, community advocates and leaders reached crisis point after a “nobody kill anybody” ceasefire failed to last 72 hours.

Despite daily rallies and vigils, just 41 hours went past without a death, before a 24-year old man was shot and an elderly man beaten to death.

World War II veteran Wadell Tate, 97, died in his pyjamas inside the home he had lived in for 60 years after a violent intrusion by burglars, the Washington Post reported.

The Ravens are awesome..the city aint

Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-08-12 at 09:21 AM.

Don't be a young black man and stay out of the red areas, but mostly don't be a young black man.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I was told all it needs is a good guy with a gun to stop violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Don't be a young black man and stay out of the red areas, but mostly don't be a young black man.
    Black lives matter but not when we kill our own.

I wish they would focus on the inner city violence.

World War II veteran Wadell Tate, 97, died in his pyjamas inside the home he had lived in for 60 years after a violent intrusion by burglars, the Washington Post reported.[/I]

ANYONE That Kills a WW2 Veteran

Needs to be Hung, slung & Quatered

After my vacation to Baltimore, I have one planned for Detroit and then Omaha.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you get fitted for a bulletproof vest
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I go to Baltimore all the time, and still haven't managed to get shot. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I remember back in the day how terrible Baltimore was... when I played The Suffering 2 way back in 2005...

Great game that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    World War II veteran Wadell Tate, 97, died in his pyjamas inside the home he had lived in for 60 years after a violent intrusion by burglars, the Washington Post reported.[/I]

ANYONE That Kills a WW2 Veteran

Needs to be Hung, slung & Quatered
    Anyone that targets the elderly should be met with that.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    After my vacation to Baltimore, I have one planned for Detroit and then Omaha.
    Don't forget Wichita, it's like Detroit, but without the music.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I go to Baltimore all the time, and still haven't managed to get shot. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    I'm from the Baltimore area originally.

It really depends on where you are visiting. If you stick to the inner harbor and the historical districts, you will be okay. Outside of that....especially as a white person...good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Don't forget Wichita, it's like Detroit, but without the music.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm from the Baltimore area originally.

It really depends on where you are visiting. If you stick to the inner harbor and the historical districts, you will be okay. Outside of that....especially as a white person...good luck.
    I have to go there for work sometimes during the week. When we visit, it's mostly around the inner harbor. It's a shitty town, no doubt about it. but it does have some very beautiful churches and older buildings.

It's also a decent place to eat. And just like DC, the best food tends to be in the worst part of town.

Deleted
    Baltimore you say?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I go there? what's there besides the "flip a coin" level chance of being shot?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have to go there for work sometimes during the week. When we visit, it's mostly around the inner harbor. It's a shitty town, no doubt about it. but it does have some very beautiful churches and older buildings.

It's also a decent place to eat. And just like DC, the best food tends to be in the worst part of town.
    Oh man, I'd give my left nut for some boardwalk fries!!!

The sea food is also to die for, I miss my blue crabs with old bay seasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Oh man, I'd give my left nut for some boardwalk fries!!!

The sea food is also to die for, I miss my blue crabs with old bay seasoning.
    Personally, I prefer pit beef sandwiches at 9AM, and chicken and waffles.