Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ret Cringe: Justifying 93 Single Target Divine Storms

I was doing LFR Avatar and group didn't kill it in time. No big deal its LFR, I was looking through details of each player see why they were only doing 400k dps (fuckin afk auto attackers) but then I came across the Ret.

Top dmg was Blade of Justice...odd. Saw Templar's Verdict at 4th ability and divine storm just below. I further investigated why TV was so low when it should be top. Damn guy only did 10 TV's and 60 DS's. I mentioned why the hell did they do so many DS's on a single target fight. His reply was smug as fuck "if you played a paladin you would know why" and i said "I do"

2nd attempt went underway, avatar is killed. This time around he did 60k lower dps, but this time, 93!!! 93!!! DS's and only 7 TV's. I then said "WHY!!! WHY did you do 93 DS's on a single target fight, it's so wrong" again the smug fuck said "seriously dude, if you actually did play a paladin, you would know that Divine storm and wake of ashes heals up to 6 players, learn your artifact levels"

I sat there bamboozled AF, thinking, HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO FUCKIN BAD AND STUPID!! Grats on your 99k hps when the 5 healers did 10x that combined.

Conclusion: My anus cringed with that guys reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegerts View Post
    No big deal its LFR
    I was looking through details of each player

well then .......

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    World of Warcraft, the only game where perceived utility is laughed at because loldpsmeters.

Meanwhile in FFXIV my bard is getting his dick sucked by tanks because palisade+natures minne even though I do natively 20% less DPS than samurai. Play a balanced game.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was doing LFR
    It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    World of Warcraft, the only game where perceived utility is laughed at because loldpsmeters.

Meanwhile in FFXIV my bard is getting his dick sucked by tanks because palisade+natures minne even though I do natively 20% less DPS than samurai. Play a balanced game.
    Or, you know... actually play how your assigned role (which is dps in OP's example) is supposed to be played?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems like more than just your anus that has cringed here.

10+ Year Old Account

Because the game is balanced around 3 roles, not 3 roles and then some supports.
    If you wanted to have someone do half dps, half healing you'd bring a disc priest, not a ret paladin.

I had a similar experience when i first started playing this game back in Wrath of the Lich King. I started out in a family/friends guild that raided 3 hours/day on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Throughout T7 and T8 we had two ret paladins. I used to always out dps the other ret pally by a large margin. The Officer/GM decided to check out logs to see why there was such a large discrepancy. They discovered the other ret pally would occasionally stop attacking during boss fights to flash heal raid members to "help the healers".

I guess some people that play this game feel since the ability is in your spellbook you should be actively using it regardless of how effective it is. But as others have pointed out, it's LFR, after a while it's pretty difficult to be surprised by some of the casuals you end up getting grouped with. I have TONS of stories of people i come across in raids or 5-man dungeons that literally have no clue about even the basics of their class.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2017-09-19 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    My brother in law is in his early twenties. He's been playing video games his entire life, mostly console games. He makes it a habit to laugh at bad players. But when he plays WoW, he plays with his left hand on the arrow keys because "he likes it better that way". There's baddies everywhere and most of the baddies don't even know they're baddies. This Paladin is another example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing LFR Avatar and group didn't kill it in time. No big deal its LFR, I was looking through details of each player see why they were only doing 400k dps (fuckin afk auto attackers) but then I came across the Ret.

Top dmg was Blade of Justice...odd. Saw Templar's Verdict at 4th ability and divine storm just below. I further investigated why TV was so low when it should be top. Damn guy only did 10 TV's and 60 DS's. I mentioned why the hell did they do so many DS's on a single target fight. His reply was smug as fuck "if you played a paladin you would know why" and i said "I do"

2nd attempt went underway, avatar is killed. This time around he did 60k lower dps, but this time, 93!!! 93!!! DS's and only 7 TV's. I then said "WHY!!! WHY did you do 93 DS's on a single target fight, it's so wrong" again the smug fuck said "seriously dude, if you actually did play a paladin, you would know that Divine storm and wake of ashes heals up to 6 players, learn your artifact levels"

I sat there bamboozled AF, thinking, HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO FUCKIN BAD AND STUPID!! Grats on your 99k hps when the 5 healers did 10x that combined.

People who play LFR don't need to play "properly", they're just there to have fun. Who cares.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

A) It's LFR. It's there for fun.
    B) Meters aren't everything. I don't actually know much about Ret these days, but DPS isn't everything. If it actually does heal your group then maybe he was providing benefits in a different way.
    C) The only thing cringe in this whole thread is you saying someone has to "justify" using abilities, in a video game, in the easy/story mode and that you care enough about it to read through a combat log/Recount, call the guy out, and then post here about it.

It"s LFR you only need 400-800k hps above the tanks innate healing. Which only amounts to 1-2 healers, and the system gives you 5. Utility is all well and good but it just isn't necessary on that level of content.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    A) It's LFR. It's there for fun.
    B) Meters aren't everything. I don't actually know much about Ret these days, but DPS isn't everything. If it actually does heal your group then maybe he was providing benefits in a different way.
    C) The only thing cringe in this whole thread is you saying someone has to "justify" using abilities, in a video game, in the easy/story mode and that you care enough about it to read through a combat log/Recount, call the guy out, and then post here about it.
    IS THAT YOU VOLON!! you must be the paladin im talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    that guy is a true paladin who follows the light

ROFL. This isn't FFXIV bro. We're not talking about a 20% dps reduction, but somwhere around 50%+ for an absolutely miniscule hps increase. FFXIV is not balanced in the same way WoW is because they are completely different games. If you could do decent healing with only a 20% dps loss in WoW, we'd see raids filled with hybrids and 1-2 healers tops, alienating half the class/roles in the game. DPS already stack the roster in WoW. Your argument is 100% nonsensical.

As for the OP. Ya, it's LFR. I've seen worse. If you ever wonder why you see so much stupid behavior in our world, just keep looking through the dps breakdowns for LFR players. It's a glimpse into the intelligence of your average person and no more will such things in our world surprise you.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-09-19 at 09:26 PM.

The guy is obviously a retard.
    Theres actually an explanation on using DS during the Avatar encounter, cleave on the maiden. But this should allow you to increase your dps, not having a low one. Also, if his weapon artefact level is very low, TV is missing a lot of +dmg%, which can put Blade of Justice ahead if he was the +20% dmg from the 4pT20 and/or doesnt TV properly during his judgement window. Fun fact, some newbies will use Justicar's Vengence to dps, because it does bigger number at low artefact. and it heals themselves so they feel all mighty and indestructible, but they fail to understand that the dmg/HP spent ratio is way better on TV....

Retribution isnt hard to play, but if you don't understand how it should be played, you're more a Retardladin then anything. Same as a Feral druid that doesnt use its Bloody Talon procs, even if specced into it, just to name 1 example.

Some of the ret rotation helpers prioritize DS over TV on Avatar by default since there's technically two targets active no matter where Maiden is standing in relation to player.

Doesn't excuse it though, he should know his class.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Some of the ret rotation helpers prioritize DS over TV on Avatar by default since there's technically two targets active no matter where Maiden is standing in relation to player.

Doesn't excuse it though, he should know his class.
    Lfr avatar doesn't have the maiden and is a pure st fight

If that guy wants to offheal in lfr who cares let him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    My brother in law is in his early twenties. He's been playing video games his entire life, mostly console games. He makes it a habit to laugh at bad players. But when he plays WoW, he plays with his left hand on the arrow keys because "he likes it better that way". There's baddies everywhere and most of the baddies don't even know they're baddies. This Paladin is another example.
    What if i told you that EVERYONE whos a bit older played with the Arrow Keys in other Games ? and whats wrong with it ? Nothing its just different Keybinds