[Fire] Fix my dps

I am currently running Fire in Tomb for most fights, switching to frost for some, but my parses are disgustingly low. I do not have the best legos for fire or frost which is hurting me, but with my ilvl i should be pushing much higher numbers. Here are some logs of my guild running heroic, my character name is Dalivh, please help me:

- - - Updated - - -

cant post link to the logs for some reason :/

- - - Updated - - -

My guild is Salt Mines on US, can search in warcraft logs to find the log. its the most recent report from yesterday.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosanova321 View Post
    I am currently running Fire in Tomb for most fights, switching to frost for some, but my parses are disgustingly low. I do not have the best legos for fire or frost which is hurting me, but with my ilvl i should be pushing much higher numbers. Here are some logs of my guild running heroic, my character name is Dalivh, please help me:

- - - Updated - - -

cant post link to the logs for some reason :/

- - - Updated - - -

My guild is Salt Mines on US, can search in warcraft logs to find the log. its the most recent report from yesterday.
    No logs. You clearly state you don't have BiS legendaries, yet you insist your dps should be higher. Do you know what simcraft is? Do you know what Raidbots is? Use your google machine and find them, sim yourself, and then ask if your dps is comparable to what sims suggest your dps should be. There are numerous guides on youtube on how to do it. You're just being lazy, expecting people here to do all the work for you.

Don't expect people on MMOC to go hunt your logs down for you and comment on how good/bad your rotation is. Do your own footwork first, and then come back and ask for help based on what you've been able to assess. Until then, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponji View Post
    No logs. You clearly state you don't have BiS legendaries, yet you insist your dps should be higher. Do you know what simcraft is? Do you know what Raidbots is? Use your google machine and find them, sim yourself, and then ask if your dps is comparable to what sims suggest your dps should be. There are numerous guides on youtube on how to do it. You're just being lazy, expecting people here to do all the work for you.

Don't expect people on MMOC to go hunt your logs down for you and comment on how good/bad your rotation is. Do your own footwork first, and then come back and ask for help based on what you've been able to assess. Until then, good luck.
    I sim myself regularly thank you, putting me at around 956k. this is for a patchwork style fight however. i am looking for people who are parsing high in tomb and how i should change my rotation depending on the fights. I have logs, but as i am new to MMOC i can put links in my posts just yet. My logs will show that i am well below what i am simming and my %perf is low for almost every fight. Hence why i am posting here. Don't need the negative reply's, wouldn't be posting here if i haven't already tried other solutions. thanks for assuming i'm lazy though

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sim myself regularly thank you, putting me at around 956k. this is for a patchwork style fight however. i am looking for people who are parsing high in tomb and how i should change my rotation depending on the fights. I have logs, but as i am new to MMOC i can put links in my posts just yet. My logs will show that i am well below what i am simming and my %perf is low for almost every fight. Hence why i am posting here. Don't need the negative reply's, wouldn't be posting here if i haven't already tried other solutions. thanks for assuming i'm lazy though
    It wasn't a negative reply, it was a direct analysis of the purpose of your post coupled with it's significant lack of information. If you want help, be as detailed as possible, not as vaguebook as you can hoping people are going to do all the work for you.

If your simcraft is telling you you're playing like trash, perhaps you should spend some time looking up rotational instruction videos on youtube. I know Ezekielyo has a fantastic one for fire, and there are others for frost/arc.

Altered-time is also your friend. You should use their resources, which are arguably the most resources available for failing mages.

I suspect, however, if you weren't lazy you'd already know about AT, the rotational instruction videos, etc. Again, not to be negative - I'm just telling you as I currently see it. Remember, you came here for help not to have your butt powdered before you got a fresh diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponji View Post
    It wasn't a negative reply, it was a direct analysis of the purpose of your post coupled with it's significant lack of information. If you want help, be as detailed as possible, not as vaguebook as you can hoping people are going to do all the work for you.

If your simcraft is telling you you're playing like trash, perhaps you should spend some time looking up rotational instruction videos on youtube. I know Ezekielyo has a fantastic one for fire, and there are others for frost/arc.

Altered-time is also your friend. You should use their resources, which are arguably the most resources available for failing mages.

I suspect, however, if you weren't lazy you'd already know about AT, the rotational instruction videos, etc. Again, not to be negative - I'm just telling you as I currently see it. Remember, you came here for help not to have your butt powdered before you got a fresh diaper.
    This forum is a resource to get help as well, just like AT and youtube videos. Using every resource available is the best way to improve, asking skilled mages on this forum being one of the best. Didn't post here to be told i am lazy and that i should go elsewhere for help, plenty of other mages post looking for help here. Most with nothing but a link to the logs, which again i can not post because my account it too new. Which is why i gave a simple way to find my logs, by an easy search on the warcraft logs site for my guild/character. Seeing as how you have only 27 posts that tells me you do nothing but try to call people out and start trouble on the forums. So please if you have no useful criticism for my rotation just leave the post alone. <3

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This forum is a resource to get help as well, just like AT and youtube videos. Using every resource available is the best way to improve, asking skilled mages on this forum being one of the best. Didn't post here to be told i am lazy and that i should go elsewhere for help, plenty of other mages post looking for help here. Most with nothing but a link to the logs, which again i can not post because my account it too new. Which is why i gave a simple way to find my logs, by an easy search on the warcraft logs site for my guild/character. Seeing as how you have only 27 posts that tells me you do nothing but try to call people out and start trouble on the forums. So please if you have no useful criticism for my rotation just leave the post alone. <3
    All of my critique was useful, you're just ignoring it because it's not helping you directly. It's indirect help, you're just too blind to see it. That's not my problem. You're also taking them negatively, so how on earth are you going to take criticism about your lackluster rotation, poor openers, and overall failure while using combustion?

I'm not sure why you brought post count into the mix, but I have an alternative hypothesis to yours. Perhaps I reserve my words for important issues?

Feed a man a fish, he'll expect one every day. Teach a man to fish, and he can feed himself for a lifetime. Good luck champ. When you get out of those grey ranks, send me a PM.

"lackluster rotation, poor openers, and overall failure while using combustion?"

This is what i am looking for, now that i know where i am screwing up i can work on that area and go from there. So thank you.

Fire Mages are slightly low-average on patchwerk fights right now even if you're playing well and have the best ledgendaries. Without logs I can't even begin to guess what you should change if anything at all. Make sure you're optimizing your CDs: macro your long CDs together as best you can (If running MI macro it with Combustion) so you don't need to waste time pressing extra buttons, if running with meteor then build PI stacks with Combustion then send it (and don't forget to use it again between combustions). Keeping PI up and efficiently managing Phoenix Flames and Fireblast will help.

With gearing our T20 4pc is pretty strong, so you're going to want to grab that ASAP.

Stat priority should be:
    1. Crit
    2a. Haste (ST)
    2b. Mastery (Aoe/Cleave)
    3a. Mastery
    3b. Haste

That's just for same ilevel of gear. Higher ilevel should always take priority unless it tanks your Crit (try to keep it at least 50%) or breaks your set bonus.

If you have an "on use" trinket then macro it with Combustion. The trinket from Sisters is pretty strong and its CD is 2min.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    "lackluster rotation, poor openers, and overall failure while using combustion?"

This is what i am looking for, now that i know where i am screwing up i can work on that area and go from there. So thank you.
    I found some time and did a pass on your character via warcraftlogs.

1. You need new relics. Flamestrike relic is worthless for ST, but has reasonable use for AoE - HOWEVER - a single Ignite relic (Everburning Consumption) can generally give you the same amount of AoE output as a single Flamestrike relic.

2. You're using Soul of the Archmage and Darckli's. You need to ensure you're talented for AF and FO with that set up. If you have Shard of the Exodar, you should not be using SotA. Pyrotex gloves and Shard will go farther for ST fights than your current set up. Belo'vir's chest also sims higher than Darckli's ST due to the stats, and it provides a nice derp cushion. Prydaz is also a nice choice because of the stats - especially if you don't have Marquee bracers or Koralon's belt.

3. Also poking around your logs revealed you have BiS leggos for arcane. My question now becomes: Why the friggin hell did you switch to fire? BiS leggos on arcane will out ST subpar leggos with Fire every day and twice on Sunday.

4. If you're deficient in legendaries for a spec, I would suggest ensuring that you spend your in-game time outside of your core raid group raiding older raids (EN/ToV/NH) through the group finder. Each boss has the same chance to drop a legendary as the ENTIRE M+ dungeon. Clear every single lockout every single week and you'll start swimming in orange gear.

5. You have one parse on Goroth as fire. You shouldn't be using LB on Goroth (I realize it's normal, but you asked), or any other ST fight unless it has adds that need to be burst down rapidly (M-Harjatan, Mistress come to mind). If you talent LB, using it on an ST fight is actually a DPS loss, because you lose a GCD on a spell that does wet-noodle levels of damage on single targets. Also, unless your group has a relatively high dps ceiling, you should be using Firestarter for every fight. It's a free combustion for the first 10% of the bosses HP. On M-Sisters, for example, this allows relatively stupid DPS for the first ~30-45s of the fight.

6. I can't see precasts on your log, however, if you swap to FS instead of PM for T1 talents, you wont be casting 3-4 fireballs before chaining pyros. Always make sure you're opening with a Power-prepot at -4.5s while initiating cast on pyroblast at -4s. ~1.5s travel time means the cast goes off as the boss is being pulled, and with FS you get a nice fat pyro crit to start the fight, which if you had legos would help fish for beneficial procs.

7. In your Goroth kill, you only used DB 9 times (meaning for your 3:30 fight you missed at least one, maybe 2 depending on how greedy you are - I'm greedy so I'm gonna say 2). Prior to having Marquee, I would use DB on an opening crit to generate my first free pyroblast, rather than have to go immediately into spamming fireball to fish. It costs a GCD, but with the helm, AF, and some versatility (10%+) DB hits like a truck.

8. Your combustion rotation and opener look good, actually. So at least you seem to have the important parts of the rotation down (not like fire is hard lolz)

9. While I'm not the best mage on earth, I do play at a somewhat higher-than-average level, especially considering I don't have the fire belt (which right now is damn near mandatory for ranking). I'm not Ezekielyo or Dylemma, but here's my warcraftlogs page
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...n/felominashal

Good luck, and you're welcome!
    Last edited by Ponji; 2017-08-16 at 07:59 PM.