View Poll Results: So what was the damage?

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • $2000 or less

9 29.03%
  • $2000 to $5000

3 9.68%
  • $5000 to $10000

10 32.26%
  • Hold my beer and let me tell you a little story (comment below)

9 29.03%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've hit 3 deer over the course of my adult life driving; each one cost the insurance company ~$3-4k. Fuck deer; fuckin' vermin are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    I've hit 3 deer over the course of my adult life driving; each one cost the insurance company ~$3-4k. Fuck deer; fuckin' vermin are everywhere.
    I hear ya. Almost had quite a few deer smashes when I lived in Northern VA. I put on those deer whistles and didn't have any issues since then. Of course, I moved right the fuck away to south Florida where I can't seem to find Florida idiot driver whistles.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A 1 year old car for under 10k? Please show us this piece of shit.
    Might get yourself a base model Kia or Hyundai for that.

EDIT: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5292/overview/ Plenty of them, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    I hear ya. Almost had quite a few deer smashes when I lived in Northern VA. I put on those deer whistles and didn't have any issues since then. Of course, I moved right the fuck away to south Florida where I can't seem to find Florida idiot driver whistles.
    Yeah, I figure I'll have to deal with crazy shit on the roads or bad conditions no matter where I live. =) Western NY state is bad for weather and deer tho, and in my early college years I came around the corner in my rural county to find a horse trotting along the road by himself, no human in sight. It was like 2AM too, so doubly strange.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2017-08-13 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

The female driver survived the fall. (August 11)

yup............ can someone explain to me again how they manage to get 50% cheaper auto insurance?
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    So what's your worst car accident, and what was the damage?
    Riding in the passenger seat with a friend of the family she went off the road on a dark country road and we slammed head on to a tree. I went through the windshield. Got cut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    That car is for total. If she has collision they'll give her what the car is worth on the market. Then the insurance will just take the car and auction it off for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    That's not the case in countries that have actual traffic safety laws.
    How do traffic safety laws prevent getting a shitty car? Just because it looks nice on the outside, doesn't mean the engine or transmission aren't in terrible condition because of poor maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If i had survived falling 7 stories in a car, i'd buy that brand again.
    If I'd manage to drive a car off 7 stories, I'd reconsider ever driving again.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    How do traffic safety laws prevent getting a shitty car? Just because it looks nice on the outside, doesn't mean the engine or transmission aren't in terrible condition because of poor maintenance.
    I'm assuming Elba includes the EU inspection under traffic safety laws.

In short, if you do not take your car to periodic inspections, it is no longer road legal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Not my own story, but my idiot brother's.

So he and his friends had made this dirt jump they were doing tricks off of on their BMX bikes.

Then he gets the bright idea to try to take his Ford Explorer over it, bent the chassis and had to get a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    I'm assuming Elba includes the EU inspection under traffic safety laws.

In short, if you do not take your car to periodic inspections, it is no longer road legal
    Right, several places in the states have that requirement too. A car can be in perfect good running condition on old oil for a long period of time, but it can cause long term damage to the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    yup............ can someone explain to me again how they manage to get 50% cheaper auto insurance?
    Insurance companies do the most they can to minimize the amount of settlements they pay out, the numbers show that men are more likely to be in an accident than woman drivers; thus companies charge higher rates for the higher risk that men "statistically" have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    5000 to 10000 damage is the max option? What a shit poll. They're gonna need a new car.
    Hell the car in front had at least 5k damage to it. The one that fell will be a complete total loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend and I went for a joy ride in his Supra. He bought it for 30k and sunk probably another 10k into it. We were going through a green light and had a drunk driver go through the red and sheer the front end of Supra off. It was a write off because it would cost too much to replace it. Nobody died, but hasn't deterred me from my love of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I guess that depends on your definition of "PoS". It was basically brand new and has no problems/damages. That, to me, doesn't mean it's a piece of shit.

Also, we bought it in 2016.
    Range: 53 mi battery-only, 420 mi total
    Battery charge time: 13h at 110V, 4.5h at 220V
    149 hp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Hell the car in front had at least 5k damage to it. The one that fell will be a complete total loss.
    Car in front might be a total loss. All the damage was to the frame.

Deleted
    Silly women had been watching to many volvo adverts.

I am guessing 5000-10000, probably a shitton more.

More importantly how did she manage to drive off of the roof ( I assume she atleast)? Isn't there walls or something to prevent people from accidently driving over the edge?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged
    none were my fault not even 1% my fault.
    I told him to take a right
    He starts taking right, and I say "No Erik, LEFT!"
    Seems more than 1% your fault to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CyferMax View Post
    Seems more than 1% your fault to me.
    Typo really

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Was at a roundabout with my driving instructor and this other car rammed into the back of us. Apparently she'd seen a 'gap' and thought we were going to go.

Anyway she got back in her car and drove off, I got her number plate and gave it to the police but they didn't give a fuck and nothing was done. No clue how much it cost my instructor. Something on the back was cracked in a way that was impossible to repair or something.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-08-15 at 02:14 PM.