Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, go ahead and make the defense of this guy your hill to die on. That's a great plan. I'm sure his car was hacked by antifa or something.
    TIL pointing out someone's argument is stupid is supporting the intended target of said argument!

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Who has blm and antifa killed? I'll wait.
    wonder how that BLM lawsuit is going stating they were encouraging the murder of policeman

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    No, I am saying that you don't want these 'rules' applied evenly. Otherwise you will get a fuck of a lot more than the likes of Bahar Mustafa fired for being stupid.

Further, such responses like hers should show you why such groups are getting the 'support' as they are.
    Except that you're making that assumption based off of no initial information, and despite my direct response to the contrary.

So I've no clue what you're going on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    wonder how that BLM lawsuit is going stating they were encouraging the murder of policeman
    Maybe you can let us know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Oh so Antifa isn't left now. Interesting.
    Historically, antifascists consisted of every group, including democratic center-right wingers, that fought agaisnt fascism.

The current American Antifa is just a band of anarchist hooligans that don't even know the story of Antifa.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    You're perfectly content with people you dislike being assaulted in the street.
    No, be precise. I am perfectly content with people who wear nazi symbology and/or spout nazi rhetoric being assaulted in the street. Also in the theatre, in the restaurant, and in the alley behind the Walgreens. In their houses too.

Anywhere, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except that you're making that assumption based off of no initial information, and despite my direct response to the contrary.

maybe on my lunch break ill look it up :3

edit: no updates for a month
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2017-08-14 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

You said you want people fired for what they support outside of work. In this case notably 'White Supremacy'. I don't want to live in that world because those rules suck. You do the slightest thing that is deemed against whatever the current consensus is and you are fucked, likely for life, from whatever career you wanted. Everyone will essentially be a politician for how deeply scrubbed your past actions must be. That is stupid. Holy shit I can't believe I actually have to explain this to you.

Reported. I'm not a nazi sympathizer. I don't support anyone who thinks the color of your skin makes you better or worse. This is exactly what I mean. Righteous ignorance is allowed to continue. We'll see if a moderator even infracts this asshat. When they won't, my point will be made about how far leftist can act without consequence, and have emboldened the neo nazis to come out of hiding. You're a coward and nothing you do, say or think is righteous. You're just a joiner.
    Of course they won't. They do it themselves. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Because having bikini photos on the beach is absolutely, 100% comparable to a racist, fascist, authoritarian, violent ideology. Sure. Yeah. Here we are trying to normalize what it means to be a Nazi by LITERALLY comparing it to bikini clad women.

Go fuck yourself.
    You really need to either stop frothing at the mouth, or learn how to read. Because that isn't the point that I made. Try again, this time without trying to force a "this guy is obviously evil" viewpoint into it.

You said you want people fired for what they support outside of work.
    I've said that freedom of speech doesn't come without freedom from consequence. Your public behavior reflects back upon your employer, no matter who they are, and they're fully within their rights to react to your public behavior.

In this case notably 'White Supremacy'. I don't want to live in that world because those rules suck.
    You don't want to live in a world where people are held responsible for their public behavior? Why not?

You do the slightest thing that is deemed against whatever the current consensus is and you are fucked, likely for life, from whatever career you wanted.
    Welcome to living in society. There are social and societal norms that folks adhere by. Not being a part of hate groups is generally one of them, and one that very few people have issues with.

Everyone will essentially be a politician for how deeply scrubbed your past actions must be. That is stupid. Holy shit I can't believe I actually have to explain this to you.
    Not remotely true, you're fearmongering because Nazi's are getting publicly called out.

Why does this scare you so much?

10+ Year Old Account
    You said you want people fired for what they support outside of work. In this case notably 'White Supremacy'. I don't want to live in that world because those rules suck. You do the slightest thing that is deemed against whatever the current consensus is and you are fucked, likely for life, from whatever career you wanted. Everyone will essentially be a politician for how deeply scrubbed your past actions must be. That is stupid. Holy shit I can't believe I actually have to explain this to you.
    The idea that other people have different opinions that may not align with yours but ALSO not be "culturally damaging" has become frighteningly scarce.

To be as plain spoken as I can. I don't want to live in a world where people are treated differently based on the color of their skin. But equally awful is treating people differently because of variations of opinion. Maybe it's because I was Southern raised but I do see some value in what was the origin of the protest from the right-hand side. I think taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee is silly. It's something that happened. Something TERRIBLE...we can't erase what happened nor should we try to pretend. I read an article about how the kids in Germany are taken to some of the worst Holocaust sites. They are shown "This is WHAT we did...it happened.". What is it we all like to say? Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

I completely disown anything they far-right movement has done though. This white supremacy thing is awful. But the problem is that people can't see that part of the conversation anymore. The moment I said "Well, maybe there's a point here somewhere." people refuse to have a conversation or an argument. It becomes a bunch of yelling in your face. No one sees the individuals within the broad definitions of "Left" or "Right" anymore.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2017-08-14 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You had me up until you started using "intersectional" as a pejorative.
    I'd argue that it is. Whilst I have sympathy, and even agree with many of their foundational premises (which is why I find this so frustrating, on most issues we are of a similar mind), a core dogma is that straight white men are evil, and I simply cannot support that. I mean, let us say that a group formed that practiced something called... I dunno, x (fuck you, I am shit at naming). And they stood for welfare, universal human rights, universal healthcare, pro choice, acknowledging past injustices, with a focus on preventing them from happening again....but also that all Chinese people are the devil and sub human, then people would probably use x as a pejorative. Many would argue, why side with a group like that, when there are movements that believe in the good things x espouses, but without the blatant bigotry. This is exactly the case with intersectionality.

EDIT:

And many would also argue that, having Chinese people on side, would be useful in trying to effect the change that the group wants, so going out of their way to alienate them is self defeating.
    Last edited by tehealadin; 2017-08-14 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No, we don't always. Japanese internment camps were a horrible failure of our values, and I think everyone today knows that. This doesn't mean that we don't still hold those values. Maybe we'll have more failures in that vein, too. I hope not, but we are still human.
    I hope not, either. We are facing real problem. But being overzealous in containing/stopping this for the good of the country might spawn new issues. I don't think the country can handle real fighting and not protest dust ups we're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I don't think the country can handle real fighting and not protest dust ups we're used to.
    I think the country can, even with our current lack of leadership from the excuser in chief. I think white supremacist groups and hate groups can't, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No, be precise. I am perfectly content with people who wear nazi symbology and/or spout nazi rhetoric being assaulted in the street. Also in the theatre, in the restaurant, and in the alley behind the Walgreens. In their houses too.

Anywhere, frankly.
    Sounds like you don't like Democracy, maybe a Fascist Republic would be more your style? I hear Russia beats Gays in the streets. Saudi Arabia beats Women in the streets. What's your poison?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I'd argue that it is. Whilst I have sympathy, and even agree with many of their foundational premises (which is why I find this so frustrating, on most issues we are of a similar mind), a core dogma is that straight white men are evil, and I simply cannot support that. I mean, let us say that a group formed that practiced something called... I dunno, x (fuck you, I am shit at naming). And they stood for welfare, universal human rights, universal healthcare, pro choice, acknowledging past injustices, with a focus on preventing them from happening again....but also that all Chinese people are the devil and sub human, then people would probably use x as a pejorative. Many would argue, why side with a group like that, when there are movements that believe in the good things x espouses, but without the blatant bigotry. This is exactly the case with intersectionality.
    You'd argue that it is, but you'd be wrong. There is no "core dogma" of intersectionality that posits straight white men are "evil"; it's an assessment of the interlinkages between the oppression and social stigma between various minorities. You'd be correct only insofar as it forwards the notion there are advantaged groups within any given society; in the US, this happens to be white dudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Sounds like you don't like Democracy, maybe a Fascist Republic would be more your style? I hear Russia beats Gays in the streets. Saudi Arabia beats Women in the streets. What's your poison?
    You don't choose to be gay or a woman. You choose to associate with Nazi's.

Comparing those groups is silly and irrational.

Deleted
    You are comparing being gay (sexual preference) or woman (gender) to being a Nazi (genocidal ideology by option)?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You'd argue that it is, but you'd be wrong. There is no "core dogma" of intersectionality that posits straight white men are "evil"; it's an assessment of the interlinkages between the oppression and social stigma between various minorities. You'd be correct only insofar as it forwards the notion there are advantaged groups within any given society; in the US, this happens to be white dudes.
    You forgot to add, that this advantage makes them evil, and that all white men are the same. Listen to the rhetoric of intersectional people when speaking about white men. The term "straight white male" is used as a pejorative by this group. This is an inherently bigoted act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reported. I'm not a nazi sympathizer. I don't support anyone who thinks the color of your skin makes you better or worse. This is exactly what I mean. Righteous ignorance is allowed to continue. We'll see if a moderator even infracts this asshat. When they won't, my point will be made about how far leftist can act without consequence, and have emboldened the neo nazis to come out of hiding. You're a coward and nothing you do, say or think is righteous. You're just a joiner.
    If it helps: i got one yesterday for calling people nazi and terror sympathizer (and yeah, infraction was justified) - so... there goes your argument ^^