Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Trump would probably blame it all on Kim, claiming he tested one of his nukes, and would be truly shocked when he gets to see the satellite images of North Korea, wondering how Kim managed to build such a "powerful nuke", lol.
    Then a few hours later he would get to see the true meaning of fire and fury.

Wouldn't this be a nearly extinction level event or REALLY close?

For the American's here this is roughly 44738 Miles Per Hour and 9.3 Miles wide.
    Last edited by Katsutomai; 2017-08-14 at 03:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A 15km wide asteroid is bigger than the one that killed the dinosaurs (it was supposedly 10km). That should give you some idea on the kind of destruction that would happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post

For the American's here this is roughly 44 Miles Per Hour and 9.3 Miles wide.
    Correct the Chicxulub impactor that killled the dinos was est. at 10-15km wide so we would have a repeat of nearly every living thing on surface of the earth dying.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2017-08-14 at 01:19 AM.

This is an interesting video, though the Asteroid is much much larger in size. The power of these impacts are amazing and utterly terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

It only takes an asteroid large enough to kick up enough dust in the atmosphere to cause massive extinctions; that would be the most likely scenario in the present solar system not gigantic impacts that would destroy the Earth's crust like in the video above.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Earth is not strongly disturbed by the impact and loses negligible mass.
    The impact does not make a noticeable change in the tilt of Earth's axis (< 5 hundreths of a degree).
    Depending on the direction and location of impact, the collision may cause a change in the length of the day of up to 7.08 milliseconds.
    The impact does not shift the Earth's orbit noticeably.
    Impact ejecta is thrown into atmosphere, causes a huge drop in global temperatures, and 70% of Earth becomes frozen.
    Humankind becomes extinct.
    ~60 millennia later one of the surviving species evolve to intelligence, and the new hunter-gatherer tribe is born.
    The tribe finds and unearths 60-millennia old relics from the ground, and worships us as gods.

And that's all.
    Last edited by sonololo; 2017-08-14 at 02:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    This is an interesting video, though the Asteroid is much much larger in size. The power of these impacts are amazing and utterly terrifying.

I love this video so much it gives me chills watching it, its the music that makes it. Its 500km in size if anyone was wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post

For the American's here this is roughly 44 Miles Per Hour and 9.3 Miles wide.
    20 kilometers per second not 20meters per second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The asteroid is 15 km wide, has a speed of 20 km/sec at impact, strikes the center of Pyongyang in North Korea at a 70 degrees angle. What would happen?
    For reference - the one in Russia a few years back was 20 METRES across.
    The one that killed the dinosaurs off - around 10 km across.

So - the answer to your question is that YES, it would indeed prevent WWIII, and yes it would remove FAT BOY and LITTLE MAN from their positions.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Well I imagine that Kim jung unstable would probably move to the more northern region of North Korea and avoid the astrioid under his vast bunkers. However Pyongyang would be blasted and the wealth concentration would be utterly destroyed. Thus all of North Korea would end up rioting like Somalia and kill Kim jung unstable then red china can invade and give new beach front property. While taunting Seoul and South Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    nah nah nah. 44mph is correct. The asteroid would have a giant parachute, so it would kinda glide right onto N Korea and just crush everything superficially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    I can see North Korea in the upper left there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Oh holy snap I ended up looking at the wrong thing. x_x it's actually around 44738.7 MPH.

*laughs at fact that its striking Pyongyang directly out of everywhere possible*
    *while laughing, chokes on dust kicked up by asteroid*
    *dies*

10+ Year Old Account
    Glorious leader would hit it with a nuclear warhead first, save the planet and then become president of the world, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    relevant
    This is my new favorite scientific theory, I'm actually a flat Earther now just so I can operate under the assumption all the dinosaurs were flung off into space when the Earth was flipped like a coin by the asteroid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    A number of religions would be able to proclaim "Told you so!" before impact.
    A number of religions would say "Well I'll be damned..."
    A bowl of petunias would be thinking "Oh no, not again..."
    You know, if I knew why that bowl of petunias was thinking that, I feel like I'd understand the universe much better than I do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    At that speed the asteroid wouldn't even hit the ground before exploding from the friction hitting the thicker atmosphere alone. You'd see another ice age and 99% of all life go extinct.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

That large an asteroid would most likely sterilize earth.