Page 21 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Honestly I wish there was a list of all these companies with regressive totalitarian policies like this one.
    Make that list. You should be free to do so.

Of course, then people will be free to point out that you are a white nationalist sympathizer and apologist. The freedom circle is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    If that guy did something illegal, he should be denounced to the police. Then the employer would have had a good reason to fire him. If he did nothing illegal but spewing his hatred during that protest, I don't see why he should lose his job. That kind of public denounciation is similar to lynching.
    Except that firing someone, and lynching them, are two very different things. The first is legal, and the second isn't.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Racists have no place in civilized society, to hell with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The restaurant started to get a bunch of 1 star ratings and negative comments. It made the right call. This would destroy its business.

What support did they give before they fired him?
    Money, mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Nope because it doesn't fit that Orange Trump Nazi narritive of winning winning winning, as if that is how life works or they are entitled to because they are white supremacist.
    Not to mention it takes a remarkable amount of selective hearing to not be aware of what the white supremacy groups have been doing since Obama was elected...the very things he accused BLM and Antifa of doing.

If you take out the parts where he specifically calls out BLM and Antifa, his rant could equally apply to those groups as well as Islam.

But I fully expect either a lack of response or some really thin but frantic hand-waving about how white supremacists are the real victims here and BLM, Antifa, and Islam are true aggressors in society.

I just can't stand the hypocrisy. As well as people trying to justify this...ugliness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I wish there was a list of all these companies with regressive totalitarian policies like this one.
    Yeah, I like the list of companys that would want to hire these Alt-Right white supremacist pussies that gotta hit peoples with cards because they got punched in the face by one of those skinny jeans kids.

I mean shit I have taken a punch to the face a time or two, I am sure I am not alone, but I was never surrounded by all my compatriots when it happen and thought, I KNOW. I am going to get in my F150 and VROOOM, whoopsey my foot slipped.

I take a moment to think of the kind of man who would do that though and I for sure see him in these sea of tough guys with glass jaws with tiki torches crying over a fucking statue of Robert E Lee.

Bet they really love America Firs thought.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Not saying I disagree. Your public perception can reflect poorly on a business and they are within their rights to fire people who maybe linked to extremist groups. However, this is probably why Antifa usually wear mask, and yeah that makes them cowards but you can see the reasoning.

I am also of the belief that a good portion of Antifa are the same sorts that you use to see as anarchist who protested same way.

Lastly before anyone says it i'm sure it's been said, no your freedom of speech does not protect you in this regard... Unless you work for a government body oddly enough.
    Antifa are anarchists.

Sorry, I'm just a casual liberal and not unemployed like the most of SJWs, BLM and Antifa.
    That doesn't even make any sense. If you want to make a list of the companies who fired white nationalist employees, you should do just that.

Can you back the claim that most SJWs, antifa, and BLM are unemployed? I would like a source, if possible. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If they weren't Nazis then what were the guys with swastika tattoos holding signs saying "Jews are satan's children?"
    Just "misunderstood?"
    If you're marching in the same march, supporting the same things those people are supporting and don't distance yourself from them, people are going to think you support what they support.
    So now you cherrypick a few idiots and claim that they represent the march.
    No, the march was for saving the statue. That was the reason most people were attending for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I take it you are willing to also apply this to Antifa, BLM, and Islam?
    I'm willing to apply it to Islam. Maybe even BLM. Definitely not for Antifa, which make official statements asking for violence and threatening people.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    A person was free to attend a rally and spew hatred.
    Another person was free to point it out to his employer.
    His employer was free to fire him for it.
    The former employee is free to find employment elsewhere.

That's freedom, not oppression.
    Try to fire a guy and clearly say that it's for being black or gay. And then see what happens.
    Spoiler: You'll get sued for infinity billion dollars and lose. Clearly equality and freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention it takes a remarkable amount of selective hearing to not be aware of what the white supremacy groups have been doing since Obama have been elected...the very things he accused BLM and Antifa.

If you take out the parts where he specifically calls out BLM and Antifa, his rant could equally apply to those groups as well as Islam.

But I fully expect either a lack of response or some really thin but frantic hand-waving about how white supremacists are the real victims here and BLM, Antifa, and Islam are true aggressors in society.

I just can't stand the hypocrisy. As well as people trying to justify this...ugliness.
    Don't worry, we have a keen and level-headed president to see us through this ordeal and into the futu-

Sorry, couldn't finish that sentence.

Even George W. Freakin' Bush would have been condemning this bullshit.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention it takes a remarkable amount of selective hearing to not be aware of what the white supremacy groups have been doing since Obama was elected...the very things he accused BLM and Antifa of doing.

Well of course because the precautions to their actions is obviously the oppression of the white people. They aren't being fired for being white, they are being fired hopefully because they were confirmed to be at a rally that inspired hatred like very event that happened that needed to be shut down.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think they should be punished for their extreme views. Not on either side. The more we seek to exclude and punish people for their opinions, the more they will only have their opinions reinforced, and they will find like-minded people, who have like them also been excluded. All this is doing is further splitting the people, and deepening the chasm that is beneath these opposing groups. Chances are, them being fired and socially excluded will not turn to regret, but anger. And then I believe we will truly begin to see violent protests. I honestly have no clue about how to go about things, and actually try to deal with extremists, but further pushing them into a corner while yelling at them for being horrible people is not gonna fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Taralesh View Post
    No, the march was for saving the statue. That was the reason most people were attending for.

I'm willing to apply it to Islam. Maybe even BLM. Definitely not for Antifa, which make official statements asking for violence and threatening people.

Try to fire a guy and clearly say that it's for being black or gay. And then see what happens.
    Spoiler: You'll get sued for infinity billion dollars and lose. Clearly equality and freedom.
    I don't care why you want to fire someone, that's between you and your employee.

You opted to move the goalposts in order to try and play another victim card. Sorry, try again.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yelp.com/biz/top-dog-berkeley

Rofl at the 1-star raging. Are the SJW regressives really this retarded? What was the guy even doing there? Some shit minimun wage job?
    Then it doesn't matter if he was fired. Problem solved. Maybe he can work for you, since you are so upset that he got fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I find the idea that outraged people on Twitter can get somebody fired, quite frankly, to be disgusting.
    That's the way the world works. If you go take part in a neo nazi rally which espouses hatred and intolerance, be ready for the backlash. The restaurant has to look out for its interests.

Whats funny is if you fired a black man for going to a BLM riot... you would have the NAACP suing you so fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except they aren't being fired for being white, how about some fucking personal responsibility and not throwing their entire race under the fucking bus that some real love for being proud to be white, what a bunch of swell guys.

Boy too bad I am only half white, sure would love a bunch of racist dicks to do this for me, that would be swell a bunch of fucking losers proud because they think their fucking skin is an accomplishment that ties them to some irrelevant shit and a statue of slavery.

Some shit minimum wage job? Madness, torch their restaurants in time-proven regressive tradition!
    Why? They didn't know and they fired him when they found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    God damn, not everyone who went to the rally is a fucking neo nazi. Most people there were just there to protect freedom of speech, civil rights, and our American history. Trying to paint everyone as a neo nazi is really starting to piss me off. Going after people's lively hoods when they did nothing wrong is despicable. People like Tennisace would rather see this country torn apart than try to come together and work things out like a civil society.
    Standing with neo nazis is not 'doing nothing wrong.'

Nobody with integrity would continue to march alongside Nazis and White Supremacists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why didn't the other protesters decry the nazis and white supremacists and have them removed?

Why aren't they decrying them now?

Why isn't the president decrying them?

Being black and being gay aren't choices, nor do they come with the associated 200+ year history of genocide and race hatred that nazism and white supremacy come with.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.