Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'll take option nr 5: Don't be an elitist nor a piece of shit.
    TIL 1/3 of the guilds are elite.
    H: Kil'jaeden 11269 (31.03%)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    Just join a yolo no voice 940 group and faceroll 1 shot it. Even missed a soak and the healers just healed through it like nothing
    Yes. The problem is that people are lazy fucks who don't want to do anything. For this to happen you need to be 940+ in the first place which means above average M+ farming with additional pieces of gear from here and there.

Right now it's "I don't have time and willingness to do anything or wipe few days on a boss, but I'm outraged that people don't want to invite me into pugs with a queue full of 999+ ilvl people with cutting edge achievements".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Well, if you exclude guilds who don't raid heroic (or just don't raid at all) then you will have 95% guild clearing H Kiljaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You don't have to show up on schedule to join a simple heroic raid in a lot of guilds.

In my guild we raid 3 days a week on schedule. But the social members of the guild can join our heroic farm runs with no problem. They don't have to show up all the other days in order to get curve.

We do heroic farm runs every week so surely the social members can make room in their schedule to join just one day in a random week if they want curve.
    Sounds like my guild. We've got mythic on tues/thurs but wed. is heroic. Everyone comes and just gets free aotc. We have people from random servers in the raid pretty much every week. An hour or two out of the day for a full clear is pretty easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    I know, though the answer isn't fully of what I wrote. Luckily, there are sensible people who rather take the chance on what they miss than what they demand.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and they are correct - just because you play good on your overgeared to the teeth main doesnt mean you know how to play your undergeared alts.

but a lot of people think that just because they have AoTC on main it automatickly gives them diving right to be carried by overgeared toons in raids.

thats why it completly fails in what people try to make it to be.
    Most mythic raiders are going to out dps people in these pug groups because they understand how to deal with mechanics while doing damage, its always funny when my 910 warlock comes into groups and trashes people that are 920-930

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Congratz, you're good at a mini game inside a game. *slowclap*
    No I'm good at everything in this game. That was what that list was. The point is that he says you should have to join a guild and raid with them first to get aotc, and for every single raid this expansion I haven't had to do that and gotten aotc just fine. Have like 3 attempts on HC KJ before I joined a group and 1 shot it. Admittedly 943 ilvl helps with that but that's what I get for doing well in all the things that are less time consuming but give better rewards than HC tomb (in the case of PvP it's better rewards, lul).

Think I've wiped more to KJ in raid finder than on HC, it's a joke.

Why group leaders still ask for linking things is beyond me as they are so easy to fake. Just use MythicPlusHelper and screen your applicants (hint: the name doesn't do the add-on justice, perfectly suitable for raids).
    As to why people ask for previous experience: because they can. You are strangers to each other, so people will use whatever signal they can get to up their chances of having a smooth run.
    The advice you've probably heard numerous times before: join a guild. It is the escape from anonymity. Many guilds will organize fun/alt runs where a few of the guild on mains support gearing up the rest. Will this get you AotC early? No, as for that you need to prove your worth and get into the core raid team. Will it get you there eventually? Most certainly.
    And as others have said: your PUG, your rules. If you don't like what others demand, make your own. I understand the anxiety. But there is always a cost, right? I bet you will be as selective as all the others making groups though ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Hahah been playing since tbc, but ok. So you armory me to check my gear but not my achievements? ������������������ Ok man, you keep raiding at 7 while I outdps you, raid when I want and get my PvP titles. Enjoy lad

P.s I see why you called me a cata baby, you're a cata baby and feel insecure about it :/ there there, no need to project your problems, you can get help for that.
    Meanwhile I'm raiding and you're not.

jajajaja

No I'm good at everything in this game. That was what that list was. The point is that he says you should have to join a guild and raid with them first to get aotc, and for every single raid this expansion I haven't had to do that and gotten aotc just fine. Have like 3 attempts on HC KJ before I joined a group and 1 shot it. Admittedly 943 ilvl helps with that but that's what I get for doing well in all the things that are less time consuming but give better rewards than HC tomb (in the case of PvP it's better rewards, lul).

Think I've wiped more to KJ in raid finder than on HC, it's a joke.
    There is no list. Only some icons that can't be displayed.

But I guess you just posted someone's achievements to claim that you're sooo good. Also wooooow, you killed a boss that's been in the game for months by completely out gearing the encounter. Soooo goooooood

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Meanwhile I'm raiding and you're not.

jajajaja
    But I am raiding? Whenever I like as a matter of fact, I just roll into the LFG tool and find a curve group and one shot the raid??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    There is no list. Only some icons that can't be displayed.

But I guess you just posted someone's achievements to claim that you're sooo good. Also wooooow, you killed a boss that's been in the game for months by completely out gearing the encounter. Soooo goooooood
    It must be considering there are people saying unless you can join a guild and raid you shouldn't raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    "Sucks to suck boi"
    Boi (plural: bois) is a term used within LGBT and butch and femme communities to refer to a person's sexual or gender identities. ... In lesbian communities, there is an increasing acceptance of variant gender expression, as well as allowing people to identify as a boi. There is no assumptions in this house.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Who has linked cutting edge and don't get invited because its not specifically aotc. This guy.
    Clearly you've learned the wrong mechanics in mythic and can't handle the heroic mechanics anymore.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    How am I supposed to link AOTC KJ when i cant get into any groups to get AOTC KJ? LOgic?
    This is by far the biggest problem I have with WoW these days and the reason I quit for 3 months recently.

Ignorant people think that an achievement equals skill. Personally I can't guildraid, cause I can't play regular hours. So pugging is my only option. And I'm fine just farming HC raids. But pre-legion I was a Mythic hardcore raider. It's insulting, after all my Cutting Edges and previous raid accomplishments, to not get invited for a HC boss.

No, I'm not at Methods level, never was. But I always cleared all Mythic content before the next raid came out. So to think I could not handle a HC boss is a kick in the nuts.

Hell, I am sure even Method players, who had many world firsts, would be declined without curve if they turned casual and for some reason decided to Pug...

What a scummy response. This isn't some job, you shouldn't have to be free 5-11 at night to play the game. I have pugged and have curve from every raid this xpac and I'm 943ilvl. My guild is a casual PvP guild on a pve server. You need to fuck off with that nonsense of a non-argument.
    One night a week for a few hours should be fine for progression, either way it's easy to make a pug and just only invite people who have done it before, just like every group in the group finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notawizard View Post
    Look, i'm on the "asking for Achi + checking wowprogress and all that jazz" side. I may be an asshole now, but i'm jaded.

I literally spent an entire weekend (16++ hours) of game time wiping on KJ HC with various groups. And it was never my own fault. I couldn't join groups because i didn't have an achievement and i never asked others for one. all i asked was that you were a decent ilvl (920+) and had at least 8/9 down. It took 16 hours of wipe, recruiting new people from LFG, wipe, repeat, then i gave up.

The next reset the same deal, but after i nearly gave up after 10 more hours of wiping back to back (actually 15-30 minutes in between pulls because leavers, frustrating AS HELL) i got into a group of people who all had their achievement already. It was a teamspeak group of a german guild. We 2shot KJ. it felt surreal. I played perfectly and wasn't even remotely last on DPS and somehow was the only player capable of doing the flame orb correctly. (i've never even BEEN in p3 before)

So in short, Kil'Jaeden Heroic is absolutely UNPUGGABLE with people who do not have their achievement yet or are grossly overgeared. (like 940+ overgeared) I'm sorry OP but literally and figuratively your only chance is to either pull your hairs out for 20 hours or more like i did, pay up the 200-500k gold for a boost group (€20 token, expensive!), or join a guild*. I got lucky after 25 hours or more (i lost count), and now i only invite people with achi and check their wowprogress. It's been solid oneshot runs ever since.

Good luck OP

*which is impossible without good logs and/or achievements, unless you want to join a HC progress guild who will never beat maiden, ever. let alone avatar.

Man, lots of people, me included, learn a boss just by watching a video of it or reading about it. Lots of people have previous Mythic raiding experience, which makes HC bosses, even Kiljaeden a joke. You don't need 940 or a curve to do it if you are a good raider. And previous raid accomplishments should make up for and even mean a lot more than a KJ achiv.

If someone link impressive Mythic raid experience, they are gonna learn KJ in 1 try anyway EVEN if they never even seen a video. Most likely, not even mess up at all regardless of first time.

And WHY. Please tell me, WHY, would 8/9 bosses matter? Those 8 bosses are NOT KJ so what use do you have of them at KJ?

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Boi (plural: bois) is a term used within LGBT and butch and femme communities to refer to a person's sexual or gender identities. ... In lesbian communities, there is an increasing acceptance of variant gender expression, as well as allowing people to identify as a boi. There is no assumptions in this house.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubK9inNVyxU

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Man, lots of people, me included, learn a boss just by watching a video of it or reading about it. Lots of people have previous Mythic raiding experience, which makes HC bosses, even Kiljaeden a joke. You don't need 940 or a curve to do it if you are a good raider. And previous raid accomplishments should make up for and even mean a lot more than a KJ achiv.

If someone link impressive Mythic raid experience, they are gonna learn KJ in 1 try anyway EVEN if they never even seen a video. Most likely, not even mess up at all regardless of first time.

And WHY. Please tell me, WHY, would 8/9 bosses matter? Those 8 bosses are NOT KJ so what use do you have of them at KJ?
    I'm sorry, but your posts come across as someone who has never raided mythic (old heroic) ever. I'll address the bolded points one by one.

Watching a video doesn't mean you "know the fight" all it knows is you have some basis of an idea on the fight and know things to watch out for. Watching the fight once on youtube does not mean you are going to go in and perform all the mechanics perfectly.

Previous experience, while good doesn't mean you know the content. Yeah, you may have the skill but first time on a boss is still first time on a boss. You're going to make mistakes and it's going to take some time to learn the fight well enough to not make mistakes.

Previous boss kills matter because if I am a pug leader putting a group together and some guy with no achievement and no experience whatsoever says they're good, I am not going to believe them. I have no gauge of their skill, I'd have to take their word for it. At least if they had previous boss kills leading up to the final boss that the group is working on, you could reasonably assume they have experience with the content and have probably seen the fight at least a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    So then join a Guild? TONS OF GUILDS are recruiting. Put the work in, get invited.
    you are just missing the point. If you in a guild, why would you pug. If the leader is such a tard that all they are looking for is a carry themselves and they do not want to put any work into selecting his team then fuck him. He deserves people using fake chieves.

The way I pick my pugs, if I do need them, is solely on ilvl. I actually decline anyone who gives me an achieve and message them for being a moron for linking on toons the achievement is not for. Like really? You linked a chieve for a hunter but you're telling me you are ready to tank it on your under geared alt? Fuck off. I normally go for a -10/+5 of my ilvl. Someone who should be geared enough with out being so over geared for it that they are bored. If it doesn't work out then I bad mouth their transmog and kick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro