Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    "Not allowing a genocidal ideology even a toehold" seems like something that deserves a fairly high priority.
    I don't see people getting hit for Communism in Germany.

Deleted
    Ima go to Germany next year and perform the Roman Salute, to see what "german" brown man fucks with a 1.97m tall 105kg man and his fiskars axe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah. I would have wanted to know what he did that was dumb.
    I would have too. But then that title wouldn't have allowed the OP to nation bash as effectively

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Ima go to Germany next year and perform the Roman Salute, to see what "german" brown man fucks with a 1.97m tall 105kg man and his fiskars axe.
    Is this you announcing you intent to commit a crime?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I would have too. But then that title wouldn't have allowed the OP to nation bash as effectively
    This one didn't either (unless they gave a nationality as their "location").

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    You gave me a list of seven items.
    Which destroyed your argument. Case closed. Get over it.

You do realize that this statement is inherently stupid right
    Yes, this ^^^ statement is inherently stupid.

, not to mention would also be pretty much directly contradictory to this gem you posted just a little bit further up the page:

Since when are you legally allowed to kill someone in self defense if they haven't done anything wrong?
    Nothing contradictory there. Pointing a gun at someone is a threat in and of itself and in some countries that is enough to invoke self defense.
    IF they point a gun at you, say "Imma kill you", and then change their mind, but you shoot them in self defense, then THEY have done nothing wrong
    I cannot legally shoot them if they've changed their mind. I can only do it in a short window in between. Duh. And if I'm faster than they are changing their mind - I'm in the right and they made a mistake and paid for it. Easy.

And you accuse us of mental gymnastics? riiiiiiiggght.
    Accuse? It's explicit, just look at what tricks you are doing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Which destroyed your argument. Case closed. Get over it.
    You are the one who has to come up with your own personal definitions for everything you talk about so you can pretend to avoid contradicting yourself at every turn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Of Germany? Doubt it.
    Have you ever been to school in Germany? Have you ever been joking around with friends? It comes up very casually. Of course we don't walk around with Swastikas doing the Nazi salute. We do it jokingly. Like tricking people into holding up their arm for too long and then asking "what the fuck are you doing". Hell I do mock Nazi salutes and Hitler impressions all the time with my Turkish friend. It's normal. It doesn't mean we're Nazis. It just means we make fun of our horrible past because it's easier to deal with it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Have you ever been to school in Germany? Have you ever been joking around with friends? It comes up very casually. Of course we don't walk around with Swastikas doing the Nazi salute. We do it jokingly. Like tricking people into holding up their arm for too long and then asking "what the fuck are you doing". Hell I do mock Nazi salutes and Hitler impressions all the time with my Turkish friend. It's normal. It doesn't mean we're Nazis. It just means we make fun of our horrible past because it's easier to deal with it that way.
    In my school there had only been a single person who did that to my knowledge and he was made fun of for the rest of his time there. Even jokingly, things like the salute or drawing Swastikas was off limits in public or semi public. I don't know what people did in their own rooms and in private, of course, but that is kind of the thing. You are not allowed to do that stuff in public, especially not when it is not entirely clear that you are mocking it. Satire is one of the fringe cases where it is allowed. That's why the guy in the OP was being investigated in that regard, and not simply fined.
    Now punching him in the face is wrong of course.

You do realize that you might end up in jail for doing that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am not exactly certain it's OK for him to be walking around with an axe either.
    I thought he meant Axe body spray. That's usually what internet tough guys mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nope he is actually talking about an axe to split wood. He thinks he is going to walk down the street carrying this:
    He better have a legitimate reason to be carrying that in public then. One he can explain to the officers who will stop him to ask what he thinks he is doing.
    And yes, you can get shot by the police in Europe if you behave stupidly threathening enough and carry a dangerous object.

Way to go, internet tough guy. "I'm big and strong and do as I please! (and carry a weapon because I'm actually not big, or strong, just a habitual liar)"

You'd be picked off by the cops simply for walking around with your axe, even before doing your "roman salute".
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, pretty sure you're just not using words properly.
    See, and this is why I prefer our (modern) constitution. Legal types have gotten better at phrasing and filling out the loopholes that people like Elim Garak like to exploit.

See "(1) Every person shall have the right to free development of his personality insofar as he does not violate the rights of others or offend against the constitutional order or the moral law." (Art. 2 Par. 1 GG)

It's a bit weirdly phrased, but it helps to know the context. It was originally going to be phrased "Everyone can do or not do anything they please." The myth goes that lawyers thought it was phrased too simplisticly. :P Either way, it basically already covers "free speech" and any other activity you'd like to do (in accordance with the constitution, moral laws and the limitation that you must not infringe on other people's rights).

Of course we have also, just to make sure, a specific freedom to your own opinion. But that's just so the simple folk really get the idea that (using American terms now) speech is in fact free, even if you somehow manage to argue that speech would not be an expression of your personality.

And thus, we do not have the stupid free speech discussion here. At all. Ever. That's why it baffles me that people like Elim Garak keep talking the US up as if it's the only country having free speech. All the while not knowing what freedom of speech actually is.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me where, I'd like to watch you getting beat into a pulp. I'll even call the ambulance for you. Bring cash to pay upfront, please. We heard that Americans aren't well insured on health issues.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Tell me where, I'd like to watch you getting beat into a pulp. I'll even call the ambulance for you. Bring cash to pay upfront, please. We heard that Americans aren't well insured on health issues.
    I think Ynnady is actually from Romania iirc. Either way a Balkan country.

The two Chinese-Americans were fined 500 euro the week before this drunk did his Nazi salute so my guess is that's why he did it, monkey see monkey do kind of thing. The Germans fined the drunk too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I think Ynnady is actually from Romania iirc. Either way a Balkan country.
    Well fuck, Slant can't punch him without looking like a Gypsy hater. Checkmate you Balkan bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Drunk man does nazi salute and gets arrested. Doesn't mean he was a neo nazi.
    If somebody does something that identifies him as a thing, he is the thing. If a person does a nazi greeting, it is a nazi. Court wont see it any other way. The person faces 1 year jail minimum.

your argumentation is like
    "i drove drunk and killed 5 people in a car accident that i caused". and court says "no problem, u were drunk and not responsible for your actions".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    If somebody does something that identifies him as a thing, he is the thing. If a person does a nazi greeting, it is a nazi. Court wont see it any other way. The person faces 1 year jail minimum.

your argumentation is like
    "i drove drunk and killed 5 people in a car accident that i caused". and court says "no problem, u were drunk and not responsible for your actions".
    It's more like "I drunkenly said Hitler wasn't all bad because of some of his policies I found while browsing Wikipedia" Literally a nonissue to the point of Hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The two Chinese-Americans were fined 500 euro the week before this drunk did his Nazi salute so my guess is that's why he did it, monkey see monkey do kind of thing. The Germans fined the drunk too.
    they were not fined. What they did is a criminal offence with 1 year prison at least. 500 Euro was the bail-out from prison (its called security deposit in germany) until their process starts. Probably they went instantly to the airport and will never set a foot into germany again, which is probably the best and most diplomatic solution for all sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Well fuck, Slant can't punch him without looking like a Gypsy hater. Checkmate you Balkan bastard.
    Most Romanians don't look like Gypsies at all lol
    wtf..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Drunk man does nazi salute and gets arrested. Doesn't mean he was a neo nazi.
    I have a very good grasp of how things go down at bars. I frequent them regularly..

Dude gets drunk.
    Dude is involved in some discussion.
    Dude eventually starts talking shit. Probably defending his origins after he heard some negative remarks towards the current political situation in the US.
    Dude thinks he's smart by coming back at the other person with a Hitler salute, trying to be more edgy.
    BAM.. Lightning hits him several times.

He might indeed not be a Neo-nazi at all. In fact, I'd wager he isn't.
    However, he is a prime example of an outright idiot, and with that deserves everything he had/has coming.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Get drunk and do an actually harmless hand gesture? Get beaten up and arrested.

Get drunk and have sex with a guy? He goes to jail for rape.

Equality hoooo.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-17 at 07:11 PM.