Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    First amendment protects unpopular speech.
    No this is about defending Nazis and Alt-Right White Supremacist group, so don't come at me with that bullshit that under those considerations that the government itself doesn't suspend the rights of individuals including citizens.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No this is about defending Nazis and Alt-Right White Supremacist group, so don't come at me with that bullshit that under those considerations that the government itself doesn't suspend the rights of individuals including citizens.
    If you want to defend the good guys you also have to give the bad guys the same rights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    ... from government censorship.

So how exactly is GoDaddy part of the government?

If not, how does:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances"

apply to Go Daddy?
    Go Daddy is free to do whatever they want.

Deleted
    ... from government censorship.

So how exactly is GoDaddy part of the government?

If not, how does:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances"

apply to Go Daddy?
    How did godaddy get those domain names in the first place.

And nothing of value was lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to defend the good guys you also have to give the bad guys the same rights.
    Horse shit, no you don't and this isn't about "more than one way to skin a cat" issues. Or platitudes, this is a specific, these aren't just bad guys or even racist. These are people that are Nazi's who openly endorse an ideology an ideology opposed to the kind of tolerance you are talking about specifically because they would prefer to target and murder all the Jews and Blacks any any other degenerate they deem to.

They murdered a woman a white woman along with 19 other people who protested just as they did, they are terrorist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Santa Clause, Oh and if you are suggesting it's because of the government the year is 2017 those Jews and Black people also pay taxes and make up the government, none of which view historically the rights of Terrorist organizations to spread hatred, and target Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    I suppose they bought them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Daddy is free to do whatever they want.
    And you are stating the obvious unless you are under some delusion that you need to give permission, YOU DON'T

It seems Go Daddy had a totally different outlook 2 months ago....

GoDaddy: Neo-Nazi Sites Aren’t 'Morally Offensive'

http://www.thedailybeast.com/are-whi...ive-to-godaddy

- - - Updated - - -

Horse shit, no you don't
    Of course you do, it's the whole premise of the first amendment.

So Mall's the US government now?

Their line in the sand seems to be it's okay to be a racist shitwad spewing hate, but don't spew that hate at a cute-ish white girl you just killed.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Again, stressing on that: Neo-Nazi.

On Saturday these people showed their true faces. They aren't neo. They are the same bastards that came 70 years before, the same ideas, the same methods, the same rhetoric. There is nothing new about them. And they're still the enemies of the united states. And they killed united states citizens.

So i will give GoDaddy the benefit of doubt, thinking that maybe these people were just some new kind of facism, which isn't illegal per se, but not it turned out they are actual Nazis, in the true sense of the word.

And i doubt they would host ISIS projects?

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    So Mall's the US government now?
    What are you even talking about? Read the posts THEN comment.

- - - Updated - - -

On Saturday these people showed their true faces. They aren't neo. They are the same bastards that came 70 years before, the same ideas, the same methods, the same rhetoric. There is nothing new about them. And they're still the enemies of the united states. And they killed united states citizens.

So i will give GoDaddy the benefit of doubt, thinking that maybe these people were just some new kind of facism, which isn't illegal per se, but not it turned out they are actual Nazis, in the true sense of the word.

The Daily Stormer is what they were practically defending. Also Neo or not a Nazi is a Nazi.

If it is unlawful to refuse to bake a gay wedding cake, it should be unlawful to refuse to host the site.

Don't get me wrong, IMO business should do whatever the fuck they want, but either both are unlawful or neither are.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account

Great point and counter.

No it is not, it has almost nothing to do with censorship although it is typically described or understood as such, but NO the First Amendments premise has to specifically do with freedom to criticize or make statements without being punished, or more specifically by the government.

It also doesn't have anywhere in there that the government is responsible for protecting your speech except from itself.

That said theory vs practice, so to a degree it has always gone that, you have to defend unpopular speech, and I will go to that end and support and agree.

But you yell fire in a crowded theater, or you make terrorist or threats of violence specifically death and join an organization that was once at War with this nation for that very reason UH YEAH, you have exhausted any stretch of your ideas concerning the first amendment.

Or any other kind of extension that would suggest you could. There is a reason why regardless theory Just like with ISIL, if you were thought to be speaking or proliferating communist propaganda, your ass would find how quickly becoming an enemy of the state, would not afford the freedoms most tend to forget when citing specifics of the first amendment or any others honestly.

Constitution of United States of America 1789 (rev. 1992)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Just so there is no confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yeah well glad you suddenly care when it is Nazis, I am not especially concerned with your ability to discern or distinguish the difference between censorship and a business saying fuck you guys you don't represent us, and we don't want you.

Guess that counting on being white and special by birth these Alt-Right Nazi's promote check just bounced.

This is not their fucking blood and soil this is not their fucking country and they not entitled to the works or services of anyone else because they are white and decided to be fucking terrorist.
    The host can deny them use of their services. ISP's shouldn't. Nazis or Antifa I don't care. Nothing should be banned just because we don't like it. Fuck the rights of private companies wanting to protect their PR.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah while the theory is that a company is an individual, the truth is a business is a body that is made up of different parts, and not all those parts act as the brain, that said yeah Neo vs Nazi, the article did seem to paint a double standard at one point.

I cautiously support this, but I will admit there needs to be some clarification, because make no mistake these Nazi's will I am sure appeal and challenge this.

10+ Year Old Account
    First amendment protects unpopular speech.
    Nice bullshit excuse.

There are plenty of examples where society moved past established things, because they were harmful.
    Nazism caused the deaths of tens of millions of people, it proved to be harmful to society.

But sure, defend them and their doctrines...
    It's more important to ban the F-Bomb on TV than to ban Nazi ideologies.. I know..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you even talking about? Read the posts THEN comment.

- - - Updated - - -

The Daily Stormer is what they were practically defending. Also Neo or not a Nazi is a Nazi.
    Ok, let's be real. I won't doubt for a minute they took it down because of bad PR, not because they got some sudden enligthenment.

My point was more about why right at this moment you cannot defend the daily sturmer any more (in my opinion you needed to be a bit of a dick before already) - now after they shamed the victim of what EVERY politician calls a terrorist attack - and they of course know it. They bit of sympathy they'll get from the alt-right wont outweigh the loss on public opinion.

"Opression is bad, unless it's my side doing it to people I don't like."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The host can deny them use of their services. ISP's shouldn't. Nazis or Antifa I don't care. Nothing should be banned just because we don't like it. Fuck the rights of private companies wanting to protect their PR.
    I care if Antifa start specifically targeting people and making threats on the level Traditionally known for Nazi's they can get the same treatment. ISP's aren't my friend nor specifically my enemies and I am under no delusion they have my best interest at heart, but I am sure as fuck sure Nazi's don't as for Net Neutrality, I would like to say maybe.

But it just seems so many people screaming about Net Neutrality often have their own shady objectives, and responses.

Making a site where you muse as to where Obama came from or his wife being UGLY, that is fucked up but fine, If you want to suggest that Liberals are all Lizard people and theorize what ever fucked up Alex Jones, David Icke bullshit you want.

But when you specifically target and decide with a group especially one that has a clear and defined role not only historically in a conflict WAR with the U.S over said issues, but have killed murdered, and threaten to do so again, which recent results.

Yeah you aren't protected by free speech, your race or any other bullshit being used.