Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guy, settle down. It's obviously talking about Moira.

First death: When she forsook the Bronzebeards and married Thaurissan.
    Second death: When Thaurissan died.

actually, now that I think about it, it might be Maiev.

First death: When Illidaniel died.
    Second death: When Illidaniel became Tal'rasha.

or maybe Alexstrasza.

First death: Being the Horde's baby factory.
    Second death: When Krasus died.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Wild speculation: What if they mean the shadow priest's dagger? Xal'atath is believed to be one of the old gods, one that was defeated during the black empire by the other old gods. Perhaps when we lose our artifact weapons, when they are probably destroyed, it will be her third death leading into the next expansion.
    So black empire defeat -death one, being forged into a dagger resurrected and bound -second death(???), destruction of the artifact weapons -third death.
    The olds gods and akin care little for the forsaken, dalaran, and heros. They do however LOVE to talk about themselves and each other. They literally never shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT'S LILLIAN VOSS! OMG I cracked the code.... /s
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    and the 3rd is yet to come -> (Next expansion?) What are your thoughts?
    I think Azeroth's three "deaths" is a good theory, with some evidence supporting it. It's also more poetic and less obvious than just some character dying multiple times. I don't believe it's Sylvanas, and there's no good reason - that I've seen - to believe anything that happens to her would usher in the Void.

Scouring/re-origination would have to be the "third death" then, but it's probably not next expansion. I think we'll be introduced to more void shit first, starting with a certain Old God, culminating in Algalon (or maybe another titan servant) attempting to cleanse the planet (there is plenty of evidence supporting a theory that Azeroth - the world soul - is infested)

scour1
    [skouuh r, skou-er]
    verb (used with object)

to purge thoroughly, as an animal.

to clear or rid of what is undesirable:

to remove by or as if by cleansing; get rid of.

to clean or rid of debris, impurities, etc., by or as if by washing, as cotton or wool.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalatath
    "This land has seen so much upheaval. The Cataclysm, the Sundering, the Scouring...you really have no idea."
    We (temporarily) prevented the re-origination. Odd, then, that Xalatath would even bring it up in the context of catastrophic events that reshaped the entire planet...

The constellar warned the expedition members that, should his analysis reveal systemic corruption within the planet, he would be forced to activate the re-origination process, stating that it would be in the universe's best interest.
    Unless it's foreshadowing that the Scouring will indeed at least begin at some point, once something is discovered about Azeroth that forces Algalon's hand.

As shown in the World of Warcraft Special #1 comic, Algalon is currently monitoring the activities of the mortal races of Azeroth.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2017-08-15 at 03:13 AM.

what if sylvanas dies and that pisses off alleria?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Perhaps the (future) Scouring is the third death of Azeroth that will usher in their coming?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    They are available in game. One is after defeating the Lich King, she jumps off Icecrown and the other is after the events of the Cataclysm with Godfrey betraying her.
    Her suicide is from a short story, not an ingame event.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Her suicide is from a short story, not an ingame event.
    One that I'd argue most players don't even know about.

Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    Wild speculation: What if they mean the shadow priest's dagger? Xal'atath is believed to be one of the old gods, one that was defeated during the black empire by the other old gods. Perhaps when we lose our artifact weapons, when they are probably destroyed, it will be her third death leading into the next expansion.
    So black empire defeat -death one, being forged into a dagger resurrected and bound -second death(???), destruction of the artifact weapons -third death.
    The olds gods and akin care little for the forsaken, dalaran, and heros. They do however LOVE to talk about themselves and each other. They literally never shut up.
    This sounds very interesting.

Still nice to see how Blizzard keeps us busy and interested with just some cryptic messages from Il'gynoth.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Guy, settle down. It's obviously talking about Moira.

First death: When she forsook the Bronzebeards and married Thaurissan.
    Second death: When Thaurissan died.

actually, now that I think about it, it might be Maiev.

First death: When Illidaniel died.
    Second death: When Illidaniel became Tal'rasha.

or maybe Alexstrasza.

First death: Being the Horde's baby factory.
    Second death: When Krasus died.
    Pretty much as believable as the "lol it's jaina because like totally this one time she tripped over a pebble was the first death, omg I can't even #nofliter #jaina4lyfe"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Pretty much as believable as the "lol it's jaina because like totally this one time she tripped over a pebble was the first death, omg I can't even #nofliter #jaina4lyfe"
    It's like they believe if they can convince people on MMO Champion of their delusion Blizzard will follow with the story. These people are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    It's like they believe if they can convince people on MMO Champion of their delusion Blizzard will follow with the story. These people are crazy.
    watch out, soon they'll tell you how for expansion after expansion they have been hinting at Jaina being the big evil or a dreadlord, because that one time she looked weirdly cross eyed at the sun, and the sun obviously stands for titans, and the crosseyed means she is very cross with them.

Dno, I'm just tired of the "OMG JAINA IS EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    watch out, soon they'll tell you how for expansion after expansion they have been hinting at Jaina being the big evil or a dreadlord, because that one time she looked weirdly cross eyed at the sun, and the sun obviously stands for titans, and the crosseyed means she is very cross with them.

Dno, I'm just tired of the "OMG JAINA IS EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE"
    The second you say things against the fantasy people want the tizzy begins.

Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    How many times HAS Sylvanas died?
    Not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Sylvanas has died three times but the "Banshee Queen" has only died twice, suicide at icecrown and shot in the head by Godfrey. I think it refers to Chromie and those who are trying to kill her.
    Chromie has died WAY more than three times already, trust me. I've seen it happen over and over and over...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Not Jaina or Vereesa.

Varimathras has been a prisoner/playdog of Legion in Antorus since the Battle for the Undercity. He doesn't have any knowledge about what went down post-WotLK. Nothing about Therabomb, Jaina going nuts over Horde or Vereesa being a two-faced ass.

Also the shattered mask is a Forsaken banner/crest.
    If he dont have any Knowledge about what happens on Azeroth since WotLK, how can he have info about Sylvanas? She might have died in the meantime ... and actually she was, during Cataclysm.

I know is refered to the Forsaken Banner... as I wrote above, but "When your thrones run red with betrayal" and
    "when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth" are 2 separate fact from 2 different source. Alliance got an internal traytor, someone from the alliance that betray us and an attack from Sylvanas army.

Sylvanas and the Horde are already considered "traytors" after Broken shore events... the betrayal is one of us.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Not enough.
    Truth. I wish they'd kill her off already but the Corpse Bride Waifu fanboys would flip their shit.

It's probably Azeroth. With all the fuss around Nazjatar, Naga coming back...

Azeroth got " two deaths " > 1st = The sundering. 2nd = The Cataclysm.

' Her Heart is a crater, and we have filled it ' + 'At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.'

The Maelstrom is named " The Heart of Azeroth ". Since the Sundering it is indeed a giant Crater. It was also a crater when Aman'thul ripped Yshaarj out and created a giant wound in Azeroth.

For now, the Maelstrom is not " filled " since water is swallowed into it.

But if Azshara raise Nazjatar from the depth " She will usher in our coming " , It will cause another Cataslysm, aka " A third Death " for Azeroth.
    Nazjatar taking place around or near the Maelstrom could " fill it " too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    If he dont have any Knowledge about what happens on Azeroth since WotLK, how can he have info about Sylvanas? She might have died in the meantime ... and actually she was, during Cataclysm.

I know is refered to the Forsaken Banner... as I wrote above, but "When your thrones run red with betrayal" and
    "when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth" are 2 separate fact from 2 different source. Alliance got an internal traytor, someone from the alliance that betray us and an attack from Sylvanas army.

Sylvanas and the Horde are already considered "traytors" after Broken shore events... the betrayal is one of us.
    What info about Sylvanas? The fact that she isn't "dead"?

You know, he'd have said the same if she was dead. It's Varimathras: obviously he is trying to undermine Sylvanas at every chance he gets because she is the reason that he is like what he is today. It doesn't make sense for Varimathras, a guy locked up in chains and constantly getting tortured since WotLK, to know what's happening on the outside world.

Deleted
    "When your thrones run red with betrayal"

Man, having bombed Theramore, assassinating Anduin is going the next best thing. Looking forward to that.

It's still more likely to be Jaina than it is Sylvanas. Blizzard have decimated enough of the horde story arc for the meantime.

The "shattered mask hanging over the hearth" might refer to Sylvanas capitalizing / consolidating on the Alliance's disarray once Jaina is finally revealed to be possessed by N'zoth and a dreadlord (lol).

I just don't see Blizzard doing a SIXTH change of head honcho for the horde this soon (I included succession, deposition, and death and calculated 5 changes including Thrall's original abdication at the end of Wrath).

Besides, everyone seems to be forgetting Vol'Jin's words after the Broken shore:

"The spirits have granted me clarity, a vision" etc, when naming Sylvanas Warchief.

That kind of set up definitely places reasonable doubt upon whether or not the spirits would tell Vol'Jin to hand over the mantle to Sylvanas only for her to maliciously summon an old god in. It would instead seem to imply that Sylvanas - if anything - will be one of the most pivotal anti-old god / void lord leaders. Vol'Jin was convinced Sylvanas has work to do for the benefit of the horde.

Whatever the case, I just hope our dear Banshee Queen gets more of a front seat next expansion. She deserves better than occasionally screeching about ancient elvish real estate which is about all she has done since Stormheim.
    Last edited by -Annomander-; 2017-08-15 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I mean, we're basically murder hobos with magic sticks.