Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation "You have been removed from the group."

So last night, was doing a normal TOS with a pug, and we got stuck on the second boss. Basically people were not switching bosses and were getting cleaved down and taking a lot of damage. Well, I decided to point that out to the RL that he basically has idiots who are not doing mechanics correctly and should go back to LFR to learn them. Then, someone pointed out that I am only doing 600k+ dps, which is basically Irrelevant at this point, since im doing the mechanics and NOT the reason why people were dying. Well, what do you know, I get removed from the raid and one of my friends who didnt get kicked stayed in. He later tells me the people who were causing the wipe fest never got kicked and eventually after 5 or 6 more wipes the raid disbanded. Like I just dont get LFG pugs man. I just dont.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So last night, was doing a normal TOS with a pug, and we got stuck on the second boss. Basically people were not switching bosses and were getting cleaved down and taking a lot of damage. Well, I decided to point that out to the RL that he basically has idiots who are not doing mechanics correctly and should go back to LFR to learn them. Then, someone pointed out that I am only doing 600k+ dps, which is basically Irrelevant at this point, since im doing the mechanics and NOT the reason why people were dying. Well, what do you know, I get removed from the raid and one of my friends who didnt get kicked stayed in. He later tells me the people who were causing the wipe fest never got kicked and eventually after 5 or 6 more wipes the raid disbanded. Like I just dont get LFG pugs man. I just dont.
    That happens most of the time because inexperienced leaders make groups where they expect to get carried, and they think that DPS/hps is the only deciding factor.
    I had a few groups where I joined, the leader seemed to understand how raids are working, he was active in his leading and talking in raid warnings so the raid went better, the scrubs usually left after 1-2 wipes and he got better players in instead and after like 3-5 wipes we got curve kills.
    This is about various raids like Hellfire Citadel back in WoD, ToV when ToS wasn't out yet, Blackhand HC/Mythic and so on.

It's never worth it to argue and complain in a pug. You can give a few tips here and there in a friendly manner if/when needed, but if you see the group has absolutely no chance to down a boss, just leave and find a better one.
    That said, people are often getting kicked not for their performance, but attitude. If you are continuously bringing negativity, no matter how justified it may be, you're likely to get removed as a source of annoyance.

Deleted
    It's simple - Don't play with braindead casuals.

I will never stop saying the following to similar threads:

Stop pugging.

As long as people care about big dps and wow supports damage meters, a large portion of the community still won't care about actually doing mechanics, just chasing meters, posting their parses, shooting for top dps/hps etc. I vaguely remember an addon from WOTLK that called out when people got hit by avoidable mechanics, and I'm not too surprised that it's something I haven't seen again in years.

So...you insulted people in the chat, and you're confused why they kicked you?

I mean, unless you worded it odd and did whisper the RL directly, not sure how someone else would response to your claim though in that case.

Sure, pugs can suck sometimes. But that doesn't mean the leader is going to enjoy someone insulting people that could possibly be their friends. It's one thing to give advice in terms of "Hey, people aren't following mechanics", but another to say they're idiots.

I kick people like you who randomly call out/insult people as well. It wouldn't matter if you where doing 600k or 1.5 mil dps. When I'm leading PUGs on alts if I need to replace someone I will kindly whisper them and tell them why. If they complain or try to argue they simply go on ignore. I don't let douche bags run their mouth in chat like we're playing overwatch no matter how good you are or how bad you are.

What kind of friend doesnt leave with you ? They did you a favour by saving you repair costs. Cos obviously that raid leader listened to mmo champion and made his own grp without any idea how to run a raid. You need to learn to quickly identify a crap raid leader and leave yourself and join one of the millions of other normal grps

Tip for those making their own groups, dont do it late in the week. Led a pug on a Monday once and despite still speed clearing, 3-4 people left after every boss because they were cherrypicking for a certain piece of loot from normal or doing the cache quest. Thankfully the tanks stuck around since that would have slowed down the group significantly, and having a warlock

There is this concept where you can point out things people are doing wrong, without calling them names and raging like a toddler and thus avoid drawing the ire of the raid leader.

Want to play with people where accountability, execution and performance matters? Shit out of luck looking for it in pugs or LFR...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-14 at 10:12 PM.

Hai gais I acted like an idiiot with no concept of how to speak to people in an adult manner and I got kicked.

Yours
    Confused.

Your blog sucks.

You got what you deserved, dear OP. You will not get any sympathy from us.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't happened to me yet (touch wood)
    but I feel terrible when it happens to others, Only takes one person to start mouthing off about the poor DPS from someone
    or how they can see a mistake and vote to kick starts. IMHO vote to kick should be removed because its being abused
    if people want a perfect raiding experience then just do guild runs. Blizz could easily safeguard a raid for players AFK doing no damage
    then trigger a vote.

How many different threads are you going to make about all the injustice you face as a pug raider?

Next to no one gives half a shit about your stupid blogposts. Get over it.

Typically with stories like these there's plenty of little details that are being left out that typically lead some credence as to why people are kicked. OP, you aren't telling us the full story or are downplaying key parts of it. That, alongside other people pointing out how many threads you've made about all this and I'm starting to believe that the RLs aren't the problem here. Start focusing on bettering yourself and putting care into your character. Improve your performance and man up if someone doesn't feel you're worth bringing.

I totally understand the motives of the leader and fully support him/her. You can make people correct their gameplay mistakes, but you cannot fix or tolerate a person's toxic attitude as easily.

You just have to see that some people don't necessarily want the best performing players around them, but the people with the best attitude. So if you want to avoid such circumstances in the future, just try not to be rude to people.

So last night, was doing a normal TOS with a pug,
    Reason you were kicked #1 - Its a PuG. Pug RLs will kick people for no reason

and we got stuck on the second boss
    Reason you were kicked #2 - Getting stuck on the 2nd boss, i'm surprised your group didn't outright disband. Unless you were hard-carrying at this point, expect to be kicked

I decided to point that out to the RL that he basically has idiots
    Reason you were kicked #3 - One of these idiots was probably being boosted by the RL. You bringing attention to them will result in other people doing the same, and then the group disbanding once they realise its a carry. You got kicked for causing a ruckus in this case

someone pointed out that I am only doing 600k+ dps,
    Reason you were kicked #4 - While 600k dps is indeed terrible, the fact that someone pointed it out is what got you kicked for this reason. If the raid leader is a total pleb (Yes, judging by the fact that he made a pug that got stuck on the 2nd boss) he will assume the guy complaining is right, and boot you for your low damage.

He later tells me the people who were causing the wipe fest never got kicked and eventually after 5 or 6 more wipes the raid disbanded.
    And this is why you immediately check the HP of all people in the raid upon joining, especially those in group 1. After that, check if they're in the same guild as the leader. If both are true, leave - if they're just low gear, point it out and hope that they are removed.

Half of pugging is joining a group that isn't shit.

- Does it have a set ilvl of 915+ ?
    - Does it ask for an achievement (and when joining, do they ask you for it?)
    - Does the leader have 900+ ilvl and the achievement

If none of these are true, your group will be a wipefest. If all of them are true, your group will smash.

People actually do LFR to learn mechanics?

And pugging suck, pugs are used to cheesing raids and almost ignoring mechanics with high dps. 1st week of ToS, you have to replace half your raid every time you wipe, and bosses are not even a week old and pugs expect you to 1 shot them already on heroic.

get a guild