Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The land belong to the States it was a very different time and the Federal Government had very little power when compared to today. The courts ruled secession was legal at the time in retrospect. A law was passed after the war to prevent secession is now illegal.

The statues exist because all civil war soldiers were named US veterans by an act of congress many honor the fallen like the one that was destroyed today. The Daughters of the Confederacy raised most of them to remember the war as they lost husbands and children and spent much of the war burying men and treating the wounded.

The Civil war was 152 years ago.
    Then they were traitors who dont deserve statues.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Like a horde of primitives. Even good ideals get ugly when represented by people like these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viconia View Post
    Like a horde of primitives. Even good ideals get ugly when represented by people like these.
    Teenagers?

All condemnation about Charlotteville and the heinous acts commited there aside, what the Right needs to do now is adopt the same tactics as the left and use these videos to identify the people doing this and then name/shame their asses into oblivion. By this I mean they need to ID who they are, and then consistently harass their employers to fire them for engaging in terroristic vandalism.

I don't even give a fuck that it was a Confederate Statue. Make a complaint and have it done legally. All that Mob rule like this results in, is more people feeling like they need to do something about it, like the dumbassed racist in Virginia did.

Oh and fuck GoDaddy for pulling the NeoNazi website. Deplorable though the NeoNazi's are, this is the same as the whole "We will not bake you a cake because your a Homosexual". If GoDaddy can refuse service to a Nazi, a Cake Maker should be able to refuse service to a Homosexual. Isn't true equality a bitch? Not that these tools want it.
    Last edited by Castaway99; 2017-08-15 at 07:28 AM.

All condemnation about Charlotteville aside, what the Right needs to do now is adopt the same tactics as the left and use these videos to identify the people doing this and then name/shame their asses into oblivion. By this I mean they need to ID who they are, and then consistently harass their employers to fire them for engaging in terroristic vandalism.

I don't even give a fuck that it was a Confederate Statue. Make a complaint and have it done legally. Mob rule like this results in more people feeling like they need to do something about it, like the dumbassed racist in Virginia did.

Oh and fuck GoDaddy for pulling the NeoNazi website. Deplorable though the NeoNazi's are, this is the same as the whole "We will not bake you a cake because your a Homosexual". If GoDaddy can refuse service to a Nazi, a Cake Maker should be able to refuse service to a Homosexual. Isn't true equality a bitch?

/sigh

Should have been done by the city. Celebrate/riot when it happens but to do it as a mob only reinforces backlash by their opponents. That and it becomes simple vandalism.

Oh, and for those who didn't know yet: Kicking a piece of metal makes you look stupid.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

All condemnation about Charlotteville aside, what the Right needs to do now is adopt the same tactics as the left and use these videos to identify the people doing this and then name/shame their asses into oblivion. By this I mean they need to ID who they are, and then consistently harass their employers to fire them for engaging in terroristic vandalism.

I don't even give a fuck that it was a Confederate Statue. Make a complaint and have it done legally. Mob rule like this results in more people feeling like they need to do something about it, like the dumbassed racist in Virginia did. All these Captain America wannabes are going to get if this keeps up, is a lot of people showing them that they aren't bulletproof.

Oh and can I just add, an endearing fuck you to GoDaddy for pulling the NeoNazi website? As deplorable though the NeoNazi's are, this is the same as the whole "We will not bake you a cake because your a Homosexual". If GoDaddy can refuse service to a Nazi, a Cake Maker should be able to refuse service to a Homosexual. Isn't true equality a bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Seriously? In this cause you, cause why would you even ask that when this was a clear case... a normal person would naturally think the disgusting party was the one who decided to run over other people ... but whatever, no comments.
    It's your own words you're tripping over there, sunshine. Make up your mind, are you covering your ass by condemning the neo Nazis or are you defending them under the guise of free speech?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Its sad how ignorant of history most people are that I have to keep responding to the bullshit traitors arguments.

It was legal to succeed from the union at the time. After the war federal courts ruled the same and President Johnson went further and pardoned all former citizens of the Confederacy. An act of congress even named southern soldiers as US veterans of war.

States at the time were more autonomous they had more in common with nations in the EU than they have with the current day states. Calling them traitors is like calling the UK traitors to the EU.
    Secede.

The states were autonomous in name only. The Civil War was proof of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason to remove a memorial of any kind should be to put it in a musem. You don't destory historic artifacts just because you disagree with them, that makes you no better then a tyrant destorying history to shape it to his whims and PR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's your own words you're tripping over there, sunshine. Make up your mind, are you covering your ass by condemning the neo Nazis or are you defending them under the guise of free speech?
    No Im not condemning anyone. I personally don't like nazis since they are not logical but everything goes in free speech, nazis, ... frikin' whats hes face, Nye the BS guy. Everything should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Oh, and for those who didn't know yet: Kicking a piece of metal makes you look stupid.

Sorry, was the only clip I could find and it's a YTP.

No Im not condemning anyone. I personally don't like nazis since they are not logical but everything goes in free speech, nazis, ... frikin' whats hes face, Nye the BS guy. Everything should be allowed.
    Careful you don't lock the bike chain while you're backpedalling so hard ahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Careful you don't lock the bike chain while you're backpedalling so hard ahahahaha!
    Huh? Ive always been a free speech absolutist. Feel free to look at my post history. Ive even been accused of anarchism, mind you.

"I don't like things that aren't logical"- says the person that gets their news from InfoWars.

All of you are pathetic hahaha, how does it feel to have your existence predicted by Charles Manson? A fucking lunatic was able to predict your race war and you're all loving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    I see this argument made constantly and it's extremely weak. The fact that he knew slavery was wrong and still fought to preserve it makes him just as big a piece of shit as the ones who did own slaves.
    He fought because Virginia democratically voted for secession overwhelmingly and the vast majority did not even own slaves. Back then your loyalty was more to your home state not the nation as a whole. This was the way it had been since the Revolution.

Slavery was not why the war started though it contributed to secession. Lincoln was not an abolitionist though he hated slavery he actually offered to keep slavery to preserve the union but not for new states or territories. The North had slaves during the war right up until the passing of the 13th amendment. Both Grant and Sherman owned slaves right up until the passage of the amendment.

Lincoln credited the taxes levied on raw goods like those grown in the south as one contribution to the secession of the southern states. Manufactured goods like those in made in the North were not taxed as heavily the Southern agricultural goods. This went on for years until a banking crisis had congress looking to a new tax on southern goods to offset the losses. The Morrill Tariff was the last nail in the coffin for many states. But these are only why the states seceded not why the war started.

The war actually started because the Fort Sumter. The War Department ordered Major Robert Anderson to take and hold the Fortifications in South Carolina. The Major abandoned one fort and took over Fort Sumter. The governor of South Carolina sent word to the Major to surrender the fort which was refused. The Confederate troops then began to shell the fort until the Major surrendered. Three men were killed one Southerner and two Northerners (one by accident during a salute to the fallen Southern soldier).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Then they were traitors who dont deserve statues.
    According to the Supreme Court you cannot be guilty of a crime after a law forbidding it has been passed. The Southerners cannot be traitors as no law banned secession until after the Civil War.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I'm bringing Infowars into it because it has a significant impact on your perception and how you view things. It's also a mental roadblock because depending on how much you believe that as a source whatever sources I provide might not be good enough. It would be the same as if I picked up a fairytale book and firmly believed it as fact but to everyone else I might as well be insane because my perception isn't rooted in reality, hence my logic and critical thinking can be assumed to be compromised.

If I'm going to try and convince you I'm banking on the possibility that you're either open-minded and reasonable or that you don't actually take a source such as Infowars as fact. So no it's not a strawman, it's tied directly to how receptive you are to facts and whether you're just going to shrug them off.

But yes it's late so I'll message you tomorrow. G'night.
    Fair enough.. but why would you even think I take Infowars seriously? Is it like "shes right wing so she must get her info there?". In fact I watch everything and make up my own conclusions.. however I do have one rule. I automatically dismiss all news that tries to apply to emotion. Doesn't matter if its sad refugee kids or red white and blue and orange groves as far as the eye can see. Needless to say, it takes a lot of cross referencing to weed out the truth. I watch Fox, hell even CNN, Infowars too, random youtubers. But I trust actual footage over some nameless reporters words any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    All of you are pathetic hahaha, how does it feel to have your existence predicted by Charles Manson? A fucking lunatic was able to predict your race war and you're all loving it.
    Not to shit on your moment, but it's not exactly the first time US is dealing with racism. Violently, even. Won't be the last one, either.

And I'm super curious about this prophecy foretold by Charles Manson.

Deleted
    Ironically, a confederation is a leftist concept.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Better go tear down statues of the forefathers for oppressing the native Americans. Or are we 50 years too early for that?
    That's a good idea.