Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Tell me, have you ever been in a relationship of any kind?

Like a friend, or a boyfriend or girlfriend?
    Yes - many friendships, several girlfriends and now I'm in a long-term relationship with my (female) partner.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yes - many friendships, several girlfriends and now I'm in a long-term relationship with my (female) partner.
    Do you not expect special consideration from those people in return for what you give them? So your girlfriend not sleeping with any man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    White culture? Christmas is a christian thing which isn't tied to race.
    Christmas as it is celebrated in Europe and the US is an amalgamation of several European traditions with roots pre-dating Christianity. The idea of a mid-winter festival holds great importance in cool climates like those in Europe, the Christmas tree (a German tradition popularised by the Victorians) likely owes something to Celtic paganism which also attached importance to holly and mistletoe. Santa Claus (named for Saint Nicholas) or Father Christmas bears some relation to superstitions of sky spirits and some even think he may be connected to Odin (old gods do new jobs as Terry Pratchett once wrote.)

- - - Updated - - -

Do you not expect special consideration from those people in return for what you give them? So your girlfriend not sleeping with any man?
    Yes, there are special considerations as you would expect in a close relationship between two individuals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yes, there are special considerations as you would expect in a close relationship between two individuals.
    Why? You aren't special and no different than any other human? Why should you be privileged here?

When it comes to a State, it asks much of its people. Money, work, obedience, loyalty, even patriotism/love, yet in your view it owes little to no consideration to those specific people who empowered its existence in the first place?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Why? You aren't special and no different than any other human? Why should you be privileged here?

When it comes to a State, it asks much of its people. Money, work, obedience, loyalty, even patriotism/love, yet in your view it owes little to no consideration to those specific people who empowered its existence in the first place?
    Are you really making that argument from a premise THIS flawed?
    Are you really comparing the end result of a conscious, individual decision to give someone preferential treatment in a close relationship to the absolute fact that we inherently are not "special" per se?

I know I will be. Ideally as far in the future as I can manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Are you really making that argument from a premise THIS flawed?
    Are you really comparing the end result of a conscious, individual decision to give someone preferential treatment in a close relationship to the absolute fact that we inherently are not "special" per se?
    We are not talking about cosmic forces however, if you ask "Are people special in the cosmic scale and existential sense of things?" than no, of course not. We are talking about Human scales and the world of human interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    there are so many people saying it and announcing it in public they dont need quotes unless your head is burried in sand
    I've only seen it from some right wing media pulling it out of obscurity to feed their base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how humanity takes things too far or too mild, I wouldn't mind to opt-in for being replaced with another creature, while at it, put me on a ship out of here.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    thats 76% when you include hispanics that identify as white

european white people are at about 62% and dropping fastttttttttttttt

Australia has a shitload of immigration same with Canada and the UK

in the UK's capital city its 44.9% White British population its mayor is a Muslim man for example

Ireland i have no idea about
    Yeah but with the UK that's a one off every other region (ie North East England, South West England etc), has far more, one has 79%, five have 85% to 90% and the rest 90 to 96%

Still vastly a while majority.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Christmas is from Europe. It spread to a lot of other cultures, but its origin is still in Europe. It's a lot of pagan European traditions mixed in with Christian traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Christmas is from Europe. It spread to a lot of other cultures, but its origin is still in Europe. It's a lot of pagan European traditions mixed in with Christian traditions.
    So? That doesn't mean it's white culture. It's christian.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Christmas is a pagan feast incorporated into christianity over the past 500-1000 years after they tried to stomp it out for a few hundred years. You know why? Because people like to celebrate. We live in a time where less and less people identify as religious - do you see christmas vanishing? No, it's stronger than ever. Why? Because people like to celebrate! Christmas will still be there (maybe under its third or fourth name) long after Christianity is gone.

Upstanding puritans despised Christmas and called it the pagan festivity it is. Therefore Christmas was illegal in England just 400 years ago.

Edit: Just found out, it was banned in Boston 350 years ago.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2017-08-15 at 09:15 PM.

So? That doesn't mean it's white culture. It's christian.
    But it is part of European culture. Being tied to a religion and being spread around the world doesn't change that.

But it is part of European culture. Being tied to a religion and being spread around the world doesn't change that.
    It's part of the culture in other places influenced by christianity too. The common denominator is christianity.

It's part of the culture in other places influenced by christianity too. The common denominator is christianity.
    Because it spread there from Europe.

Because it spread there from Europe.
    Is eid arabic/middle eastern then and not islamic because islam spread from middle east?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-15 at 09:22 PM.

Is eid arabic/middle eastern then and not islamic because islam spread from middle east?
    What? The entire faith is arabic. So, yes, Islamic traditions are arabic unless it's a tradition that was created in another part of the world.

What? The entire faith is arabic. So, yes, Islamic traditions are arabic unless it's a tradition that was created in another part of the world.
    So the christians in middle east celebrate eid too since it's arabic?

So the christians in middle east celebrate eid too since it's arabic?
    Not everyone has to celebrate something for it to be part of the culture.

There's plenty of non-christians that celebrate Christmas.

And not all christians celebrate christmas on Dec. 25. The orthodox christmas is in January and the apostolic church doesn't celebrate christmas at all.