Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Survey - Leveling: A Demographics and Statistical Analysis for MMO-C Community

Greetings fellow MMO-C forumer! I'm back once again in general forums for a yet engaging and important topic to deal with as WoW fanatics and enthusiast. This is no complaint thread like the other existing ones out there but tackles more of somewhat scientific,sociological and general implications to the players and as a means of venting out your personal point of view.

I'd like to ask several series of questions that is somehow related to the entire leveling experience. So let's start!

1) When did you start playing WoW (What expansion)?

1.1) How often do you play (How many times in a week)?

1.2) How long do you play? (Number of hours per play time)

1.3) How many characters do you level up when you play (1,2,More)?

1.3.1 What class do you play often (main)?
    1.3.2 What other class do you play?
    1.3.3 How was your leveling experience for the specific classes do you play?
    1.3.4 With the release of Legion, did you try out other classes? Which class was it and how was the leveling experience?

1.4) What server/realm do you usually play?

1.5) Are you: Male or Female player to IRL?

2) How was the leveling experience in general?

3) What was the WoW expac you last played? How do you find leveling?

4) How fast did you hit expansion's level cap?

4.1) How many max level toons you have?

5) What can you say about the entire leveling experience in connection with the game elements (Quests, dungeon, PvP, etc)?

6) After hitting level cap what do usually do?

7)How long have you been max level? Do you feel that there are enough things to keep yoou busy after hitting level cap?

8) From the scale of 1-5, 1 being very slow and 5 being very fast, how do you find your speed in leveling?

9) Kindly leave your comments/suggestions.

Thank you all for participating, this would greatly give me enough feedback for a dynamic scalar experience acquisition I'd be suggesting for future quality of life and overhaul to overall WoW experience!
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-16 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Started during Vanilla WoW in early 2005.

2) Leveling was awesome back then. It took awhile to level up, but that was the point, it was an adventure MMO with exploration and discovery as the main selling points.

3) Playing Legion Currently. Loving it by the way. Best expansion since TBC (with obviously MoP being the worst / dogshit expansion)

4) I logged in right when 12am came (the moment the servers allowed you to go into the broken isles), and I hit level 110 at 10am, so about 10 hours on the day it was released.

5) Leveling experience in Legion was probably the best the game has ever seen. Some of the best, most seamless leveling over any WoW expansion. Quests fit well into dungeons, etc.

6) At hitting level cap, i try to finish off any quests i missed, and start to find ways to get some gear.

7) Max level since the first day the expansion was released.

8) 5. I did it fairly quickly. I know others took a week or two to level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Like 2 months before Wrath I believe.
    1.2 Used to be every day. Now its 2 or 3 times a week.
    1.3 Used to be 4+ hours a day. Now its 1-3 hour blocks.
    1.4 Depends on the expansion. In Legion I slowly level 1 of each class. Currently have 4 110s.

2. In legion? Great the first time. I feel other expansions had better leveling for multiple playthroughs.
    3. legion. See above.
    4. I took it slow and read everything/explored etc. Took about 18-20 hours played first time.
    4.1-I have 4 in this expansion.
    5. Quests were great the first time. I feel like as a continent the story didnt lead the plot along as well as past expansions. Mostly do to level scaling.
    6. Gear up? Raid on 1 or two toons, but only normal modes.
    7. Since 2 days after Legion launch. Yes, better than past expansions.
    8. 3. I get engrossed in storys so I go slow. Now when I level? 4 or 4.5.

Are you from Blizzard?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you @Jaylock for your very fast participation! I have updated the questionaire so kindly do update your response.

Waiting for the others to participate as well Have a great day!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Are you from Blizzard?
    @Chickat, no I am not but I'd love to given the chance. And thank you for your response!

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Mists of Pandaria, a few weeks before 5.2.

1.1) Everyday nearly

1.2) I generally play a few hours, like 1-3 per day.

1.3) I mostly play my main, but occasionally hop onto alts.

1.4) Stormrage-US

1.5) Male

2) I love leveling... the first time, I hate leveling alts because once I do it once, I find the other times boring.

3) Currently playing Legion, loved the leveling!

4) I took my time, maybe 3 days or so.

4.1) 4

5) What can you say about the entire leveling experience in connection with the game elements (Quests, dungeon, PvP, etc)?

6) I generally finish up the rest of the quests I missed during my first character, then do dungeons, dailies, etc.

7) Since a few days after launch, yes I stay busy.

8) 2/3 I enjoy taking my time, doing the story, reading the dialogue, doing side objectives and exploring the area.

9) Hi.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    November 2006, just before the Burning Crusade.

4-6 times a week

1-2 hours

Depends on my mood. Usually only "focus" level up 1 at a time, but I do take breaks from some toons to level others.

Mainly Moon Guard, Wyrmrest, Duskwood, and have recently started over on Lightninghoof

Male

Fun-ish. I usually do the "how fast can I level this character up," but this go around on LH, I'm trying to just enjoy the game at a slower pace. Taking more time to "stop and smell the roses," because I'm in no rush."

I am enjoying Legion far more than many previous expansions. Leveling hits a very big slump during WoD, for me, mainly because I hate the story and the scenary isn't great.

With in a month of Legion droping

100-110 leveling is the best in the game right now due to the agnostic leveling zones. I can level through an entire zone, enjoy the story line at a descent pace, do all the side quests, and still have time for dungeons and professions before "the end game grind."

Right now, max out my artifact, unlock and hit up broken shore, max out that artifact inbetween tmog hunting.

7)How long have you been max level? Do you feel that there are enough things to keep yoou busy after hitting level cap?
    I've had 110's for a while, and I feel like there's plenty to do. My interest simply changes.

8) From the scale of 1-5, 1 being very slow and 5 being very fast, how do you find your speed in leveling?
    3 or a 4 depending on the zone and my motivation.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Thank you @Jaylock for your very fast participation! I have updated the questionaire so kindly do update your response.

Waiting for the others to participate as well Have a great day!

- - - Updated - - -

@Chickat, no I am not but I'd love to given the chance. And thank you for your response!
    Quel'dorei Horde Male. 26 years old. Idk if you want age.

7+ Year Old Account
    1: Started Vanilla, just after AQ patch.
    1,1: I play 4-5 times a week.
    1.2: About 2-3 hours.
    1.3: 1-2
    1.4: Stormrage.
    1.5: Male
    2: Leveling was quite slow, but it was new and i had the time. I would not really call it a fun experience, as i quickly tried to find other things to do then just level up my character and since most of my enjoyment came from late game PVP and PVE.
    3: Currently playing Legion and leveling is pretty good. Wrath had better leveling, but it had more to do with class and world design then actual leveling design. All in all, leveling is fun in Legion, because Artifacts and the Order Hall gives some new features all the time when you lvl a new class.
    4: It took me 3 days to hit lvl 110.
    4.1: I have 4 max lvl characters.
    5: Legion proberly have the best leveling experience when it comes to its connection with dungeons and an overall quest structure. Having each zone end with a dungeon quest, that gives ALOT of exp is really a huge + for the entire experience. While some might complain about the linear questprogression, i find it highly enjoyable and it allows for a smoothe experience. Where it fails is when it comes to PVP and story/lore. The leveling in Legion did not connect the player to the overall story and did not push any form of general agenda. It also did not integrate any opportunity of PVP
    6: After hitting the cap, i start doing dungeons and getting more gear. If it is the start of the expansion, i mostly focus on story content and completing all of the quests in the new zones.
    7: I have been max lvl pretty much since launch. I think there is alot to do in Legion and i havent really gotten bored playing the game at all, which is a very new thing when it comes to WoW.
    8: I would rate myself a 3. I go fast, but i don't go out of my way to improve my speed at all. I just play, that is all.
    9: Chocolate is a pretty good thing to eat.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you guys for all your input! I appreciate all your profiles and back story it appears like this is a dear diary of WoW experience as well, I didn't recognize that is or WoW-slum book.

Thanks for the insightful response @Flurryfang. and update too @Chickat

To others out there, don't be shy and please do participate. Share your WoW leveling experience and personal story!
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-15 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started in Vanilla, back when I was like 8 years old

Anwhere between 3 and 7

Anywhere between 30 minutes and 4 hours (sometimes more)

Right now? None. I find Legion leveling boring. that said I'm still planning on doing 12 for the end of the expansion.

Grim Batol EU

Male

Too slow. waaaaaaaaay too slow.

Currently playing right now, see answer above.

From 100? About a day. From 0? About 3

7. With 2 more between 100 and 110, and 3 more between 90 and 100

While Legion is fairly quick, and was fairly enjoyable the first 2-3 times through, at this point it's still just a chore.

Get them somewhat well geared (Which in Legion right now means ~880 gear)

I didn't play the Legion start, since I did the beta and fucking hated it. Got the itch to play around November and took it slow through the leveling. And yeah, level cap has all the best shit.

4 if I take it seriously, 3 if I just dick around like I normally do.

9) Kindly leave your comments/suggestions.
    Obligatory OP is a faggot. Other than that, I agree with Flurryfang, chocolate is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF is with point 9 @Mehman ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    WTF is with point 9 @Mehman ?
    maybe what he means with obligatory means commitment. Nah answering this is noncommittal, it's entirely voluntary but I indulge you to participate.

Started in Classic and play about 7 hours a week. Leveling was boring and I mostly do mythic+ dungeons with the side PuG and LFR for tier gear to help in mythic+. I play a male charger now and play on a PVE realm. For what I do this has been the best expansion since Cata. WoD and MoP was raid or die for me.

1. Vanilla
    1.1. Everyday.
    1.2. Between 4 and 10 hours a day.
    1.3. Level one at a time, one of each class to begin with, more than one of each eventually.
    1.3.1. I have mained a hunter since Dragon Soul.
    1.3.2. Every class, although mostly plate/mail users.
    1.3.3. The first couple I did during the first month of Legion, same way as my main character. Every quest line/dungeon as it was relevant. Later characters I skipped
    doing the non essential quest lines that weren't part of the "main story" of the zone, doing as little dungeons as possible. The last couple have been done doing the Legion Invasions and experience missions from the table.
    1.3.4. The only new levelling experience in Legion has been the Demon Hunter, which was the second class I leveled past 100, I found the mobility and simplicity of the
    class very relaxing and enjoyable.
    1.4. Thunderhorn-Wildhammer EU.
    1.5. Male.
    2. Just fine, too much reliance on dungeon quest imho.
    3. Still playing, see above.
    4. Just under 10 hours I believe, could be mistaken.
    4.1. 13 110s at the moment, still a few around 100.
    5. I have always enjoyed the levelling experience in World of Warcraft in the past, however the current system is a bit broken and far less likeable.
    6. Clear my quest log, do Loremaster, then focus on gearing.
    7. Since launch, I have so far not run out of stuff to do, even on my main character.
    8. A solid 4, room for improvement but I have done it so many times I am quite efficient at it.
    Last edited by Luubox; 2017-08-16 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Added 1.3.1-1.3.4

1) BC

1.1) Currently unssubed. I used to play every day.

1.2) I used to play 4-5 hours every day.

1.3) I always focused strongly on my main, but I leveled and erased countless alts.

1.4) PvP, but if I come back I will probably start over in a PvE server.

1.5) Male.

2) Im a lore nerd so I always loved leveling. WoD leveling was the best by far IMO, and Legion one of the worse if not the worst.

3) Legion. Bad leveling IMO. I liked the cutscenes and the scaling system. But the areas didnt feel connected at all and some stories were very bad driven (especially Stormhein). On the other hand there were some cool moments like Ebonheart and the addicted guy from Azsuna. Suramar was amazing the first time (but it doesnt count as leveling).

4) I took my time because I like to read and do every quest. Cant remember how many hours but more than 12 I guess?

4.1) I had 4-5 but I always erased them all except my main (stupid, I know).

5) I think that it was smart in Legion that the dungeons were the end of the story of a certain zone.

6) Usually gearing, collectionism, achievements... In Legion I become crazy leveling other classes because I wasnt feeling my main.

7) Im always capped soon in any expansion, and I always find things to keep my busy, with Legion though, the artifact grind was too much for me.

8) 3.

9) Could ask about the class that we use to main and if Legion made us switch it.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2017-08-15 at 09:26 AM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

1) Started playing WoW in September 2008 (the guild I joined were working on Illiadan)

1.1) I try to play everyday but on average I'd say 3-4 days a week

1.2) This varies from 30 mins to 3 hours

1.3) I level 1 at a time to max level and generally only the classes I enjoy playing

1.4) At present I'm on Draenor (Horde), Silvermoon (Alliance)

1.5) Male

2) Levelling 100-110 is really good and enjoyable, dungeons are good and immersive. 1-60 is the same old but a little faster, 60-70 is good but I've always like levelling in Outland. The same goes for 70-80 & 80-85. From 85-90 i find it a grind as MoP wasn't that great tbh. 90-100 though feel like a chore, absolutely hate levelling here as I absolutely detest WoD which is why I quit WoW for an extended period during the expansion

3) Legion and its brilliant, alot more to do which benifits those that dont't raid or do mythics (time restraint as I'm a full time carer for my wife). I can play and enjoy it without being commited to raiding

4) For me it took 3 weeks to hit level cap

4.1) I have 2 level 110 characters, working on my mage currently which is lvl 71

5) Levelling through the entire game is quite plesant, quests are relative through out and straight forward. Dungeons kinda go to quick and help you level faster

6) During legion once hitting level cap then I tend to continue the Order Hall quests and world quests to attain gear upgrades. Finish maxing out proffessions and the doing old world achievments

7) Been max level since 3 weeks after legion launch, I've not run out of stuff to do at all on all characters, i sometimes take a break from my main to level other characters

8) Legion levelling speed is around a 4, its not long winded and grindy like WoD and MoP

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you, @Jellybear14. I know someone from Blizz can read these feedback and could help them flesh out the next expansion in a better rendition.
    9) Could ask about the class that we use to main and if Legion made us switch it.
    Yes, this is a substantial info.I forgot to ask this so try for feedback.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-16 at 02:03 AM.

1) Game release

1.1) Everyday

1.2) Alot

1.3) 3 max this expansion, all in WoD for free gold

1.3.1 Priest
    1.3.2 War/Mage
    1.3.3 Easy.
    1.3.4 Those 3 classes & all were the same.

1.4) Sfang

1.5) Mix

2) Perfectly fine

3) Wod. Was great due to being a little different

4) 6 odd hours

4.1) 6

5) The zones meshed well with the instance content that ended it

6) All end game content, up and into mythic raiding

7)Sure theres always stuff to do, if you want to do it

8) 5

9) hi im barbie whats up

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you, @Jellybear14. I know someone from Blizz can read these feedback and could help them flesh out the next expansion in a better rendition.
    Yes, this is a substantial info.I forgot to ask this so try for feedback. I have added it under 1.3, kindly fill in your response
    @Jaylock, @Jellybear14, @Darkarath, @Luubox, @greenmago, @Mehman, @Chickat,@
    try @xcitng
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-16 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post

Yes, this is a substantial info.I forgot to ask this so try for feedback. I have added it under 1.3, kindly fill in your response
    @Jaylock, @Jellybear14, @Darkarath, @Luubox, @greenmago, @Mehman,

ty @xciting

- - - Updated - - -

@Jaylock, @Jellybear14, @Darkarath, @Luubox, @greenmago, @Mehman, @Chickat,@
    try @xcitng
    Used to main Paladin. Maining Demon Hunter, but Paladin is second most geared.