Page 37 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    This.

Neither side's the innocent one, here.
    What did the people of Charlottesville do to deserve any of this? Only good thing about this horrific event is that it is making the true colors of some people very evident.

- - - Updated - - -

If there's no such thing as an Alt-left, then why is there an Alt-right?

They both exist, dude. Whether you like it or not, everything has its own correspondent.
    Alt right exists because neo nazis needed a way to rebrand themselves and sanitize their ideology to appear to be more acceptable to mainstream society. The sad thing is that it is working and even have the president supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You know, except the president and some of his cabinet like Gorka and Bannon.
    You are forgetting Miller.

Oh my god. They both had a part to play in the Charlottesville protest.

Hell, The left continued protesting at Trump tower, a day or so after that.

To me, you are just appeasing the Left now.
    The part that the people of Charlottesville played was that of the victim and it is disgusting how you and others are continually trying to put any blame on them for what happened. This isn't about left vs right but of just fucking common human decency which our president sorely lacks and sadly many people on this forum lack as well.

I still can't believe Trump handed nazis carte blanche to do whatever shit they want because "the other side is just as bad" when the other side is people protesting literal fucking nazis and the people of Charlottesville protesting their home being invaded by violent far right terrorists.

Like, what the fuck? America can no longer claim moral superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Not really I watched most of it live peacefully protesting isnt a seige.

Now I agree when antifa started brawls the police should of shut them down immediately and its tragic how things escalated but that isnt a seige.
    Neat trick since antifa wasn't there in any meaningful way and what little involvement they had was in giving aid to those injured or those being harassed by the alt right but of course that doesn't fit your narrative.

Trump may have said what he said because of wrong reasons but he is not wrong. I am sick of antifa and I am sick of black people rioting because a 17 year old thug tries to grab a cop's gun and raises heavens and earth after getting shot.

I didn't see these "neo-nazis" burning cars and looting shops. I, for once, would like to "defend" a minority who actually is a victim of racism and not some thug who screams "don't shoot, hands up", 3 sec after he tried to punch the cop.

I promise you, this will push more white voters towards Trump. So keep doubling down on this.

P.S: We should tear down any and all Lee statues and confederate flags. Status are for heroes and LEE was not a hero. You want to "remember" history? Put him in books or museum.
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2017-08-16 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Alt-right doesn't exist in politics either. Mostly just memers.

A large majority of GOP are establishment type, and they are condemning this.
    So why isn't Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Trump may have said what he said because of wrong reasons but he is not wrong. I am sick of antifa and I am sick of black people rioting because a 17 year old thug tries to grab a cop's gun and raises heavens and earth after getting shot.

I didn't see these "neo-nazis" burning cars and looting shops. I, for once, would like to "defend" a minority who actually is a victim of racism and not some thug who screams "don't shoot, hands up", 3 sec after he tried to punch the cop.

I promise you, this will push more white voters towards Trump. So keep doubling down on this.
    Trump backing neo-nazis is going to push more voters to Trump? The fuck?

A large portion is supporting superiority including the censoring of people based on race. Being generous its fair to say they are mirror images of the far right although so far more destructive.
    No doubt you have well-sourced statistics on BLM membership attitudes and will monentarily share them with us.

It's not that I don't want to get beaten down. I just don't want to argue about this BS anymore.

People argue in each thread, and I gave my opinions of it. I even said that no side is on the good, either. Meaning, I was not Alt-right, or anything. However, I am called a appeaser of Nazi's, and I'm getting called out, acting as if I like Trump. I don't like Trump. I just find what he's saying true.

What I said wasn't ignorant. I was being smart. I was not taking sides, and i'm standing my case. I'm a former liberal, that's now in the middle. I support Trump in some regards, but not all. That's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, i'm gone.
    People like you were why Nazis were able to rise to power the way they did in Germany and sadly humanity never seems to learn from history and are doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over.

This was the easiest lay up in political history. All Trump had to do was condemn the murder and the nazi/nazi-adjacent groups. Then stop talking. He could have said two sentences, "Car murder bad. Nazis bad." then walk away.

It was a huge opportunity to get even people on the left to agree with him and be on his side for a change. This should have been the easiest thing he could have ever done as president.

Trump backing neo-nazis is going to push more voters to Trump? The fuck?
    It's not the Trump. Many people didn't vote for Trump because they liked him. His actual base is quite small. He was voted in simply because they didn't want to vote for other guy. Protest vote of sort.

So no will vote for Trump because he is a Nazi or a Nazi lover. But people might vote for him just because they see how minority violence is totally ignored but majority violence becomes a thing we must talk for ages. I mean I don't recall Obama ever coming out condemning BLM protest march. They almost always ended up in riots. Shops burned and looted, public property destroyed.

You push and push and eventually even the nicest of person will come to disagree with you. As long as America is a white majority nation, this will come to pass.

Both came for a brawl (yes not every single person there before you beat that dead horse)

Someone just took it a tiny step further and yes it was a tiny one.
    Someone plowing through a crowd of people with a car is not a brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Ah yes the constant "coddle them or else their feelings get hurt and they become even bigger nazis!" excuse.

That was the plan for the statue at Charlottesville but the idiots on the right threw a hissy fit over it.
    I don't care what "right" or "left" think. I just don't want to pretend that white cops are going around shooting "innocent, hard-working" black men who are just victim of white racism. Crooks and criminals on any side are just that. I have little sympathy for either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    This was the easiest lay up in political history. All Trump had to do was condemn the murder and the nazi/nazi-adjacent groups. Then stop talking. He could have said two sentences, "Car murder bad. Nazis bad." then walk away.

It was a huge opportunity to get even people on the left to agree with him and be on his side for a change. This should have been the easiest thing he could have ever done as president.
    Doing what he actually did got him presidency. Left will never vote for him. This was nothing more than a ploy to make even his right wing nutter voters abandon him. Lets not pretend otherwise, shall we.

I don't care what "right" or "left" think. I just don't want to pretend that white cops are going around shooting "innocent, hard-working" black men who are just victim of white racism. Crooks and criminals on any side are just that. I have little sympathy for either.
    The US has a massive problem with police using excessive force compared to most other developed nations. Hell, we barely beat 3rd world nations in that regard. The government pays out millions of dollars every year in lawsuits.

Some of the wrong cases get highlighted, but that doesn't mean there isn't an issue.

The US has a massive problem with police using excessive force compared to most other developed nations. Hell, we barely beat 3rd world nations in that regard. The government pays out millions of dollars every year in lawsuits.

Some of the wrong cases get highlighted, but that doesn't mean there isn't an issue.
    Police profiling a person because he is black is a problem. A cop shooting a "kid" who tried to rob a store and then tried to grab cop's gun (holstered gun!) is not a problem for me.

Lets focus on real racism. When everything is about racism, we get a Trump.

I mean what could Trump possibly lose by not catering to "liberal" whining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    I think people should knock it into Trump's head that in situations like these you say what you need to stay to keep the country together, you don't throw shit out there that makes it worse.

Yes both sides were guilty of violence, but last I recall one side had a guy go full terrorist. It's really stupid to continue stiring shit up.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-1...t-wing/8811502

You can actually read the speech notes he had from his staff. And then he put them back in his pocket and does a "Trump".

I mean what could Trump possibly lose by not catering to "liberal" whining?
    The Republicans by not condemning nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post

HAHAHAHAHA! I can totally picture that ape saying exactly that, while waving his hands in that stupid way he always does: "Car murder bad. Nazis bad. Thank you."

The Republicans by not condemning nazis.
    If you say so. If we had treated BLM riots just as harshly as we expect Trump to bash Nazis or "white crowd" in general, you have a point. We didn't.