Page 90 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Fair points. I suppose I just expected more out of him. But then again, he had gotten older and wasn't really good at being a politician.
    Grant was a good general, but a bad president.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's still way too high of a Nazi-to-everyone-else ratio. Sorry @Crispin. Our country is an embarrassment to the 21st century.
    Trump is the embarrassment, every western country has neo nazis, but they arent somewhat defended by the presidents/PM's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Give Paul Ryan some credit, he intentionally went on CNN's town hall and is fielding question after question about Trump's statements. He is far braver than I thought.

Now, he's not doing a very good job, but points for bravery. And he re-re-restated that he disagrees with Trump's statements. Just...you know, not all of them, he messed up, we should all come together and condemn hatred, etc. He's trying, is where I'm going with that, he's trying. But it's an uphill struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Well, not like the people he talks about in this article would actually believe it. Watch them construe it into an admission of guilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    The D.C.-based Center for Strategic and International Studies is one of the top-rated, by some rankings the top rated, think tanks in terms of national security and strategy. And they did not care for Trump's speech for a very specific reason: this thread.

Excerpt:

Surrounding yourself with the one political institution in the U.S. that still has high political respect and credibility in order to try to make up for a “both sides” remark that the president’s opponents have turned into an exaggerated political crisis may be fair game in today’s Washington. It may even seem necessary. It still, however, went too far. The American military should not be a stage background, and American national security policy should never be cloaked with even a shadow of the kind of militarism used by the worst of nations. Honoring our men and women in uniform is one thing. Using them is another.
    Now, the rest of that piece, as well as this one headlining their site, goes on in great detail about how Trump's speech is horrible for the war in Afghanistan for lots of other reasons, but that's a different thread.

- - - Updated - - -

For more, let's talk to FOX News host former FOX News host Bill O'Reilly who...oh what the fuck is this.

Bill O’Reilly Says Trump Defended Nazis Because He Doesn’t Get How Bad the Holocaust Was

Here is a relevant excerpt:

So to hear and see Americans embrace Nazi hatred, even though their numbers are small, is catastrophic to people who understand Hitler's evil.

That's why no other discussion can take place when Nazis are being analyzed. They must stand alone in any vilification even though Stalin, Mao, Tojo and others also committed premeditated mass murder on a staggering scale.

President Trump did not understand that and it has hurt him. He was trying to make other points in the midst of the revulsion of white supremacists marching in Charlottesville.

Mr. Trump saw violence by some counter-protesters and pointed it out. But when a young woman is killed by an alleged Nazi sympathizer, that point must wait to be made.

The president also said that some who do not want the Charlottesville statue of Robert E. Lee removed are "good people." That's certainly true, but the proximity of white supremacists to the situation obscures the point, and makes Mr. Trump seem insensitive to the danger these loons pose, and to the horrors of slavery.
    You read it here, ladies and gentlemen. Trump didn't know how bad the Nazis were. And he's in charge.

You might also notice the bit where O'Reilly agrees that there were some good people who chose to march alongside American Nazis and the KKK. Draw your own conclusions.

You read it here, ladies and gentlemen. Trump didn't know how bad the Nazis were. And he's in charge.

You might also notice the bit where O'Reilly agrees that there were some good people who chose to march alongside American Nazis and the KKK. Draw your own conclusions.
    Trump being an ignoramus seems to be the "go-to" defense for many of his defenders. As if that's any kind of actual defense for a sitting president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Trump being an ignoramus seems to be the "go-to" defense for many of his defenders. As if that's any kind of actual defense for a sitting president.
    And, besides the usual "he went to school" topped off with "he went to a military school" (briefly), there was also the "he was at the Holocaust Memorial" angle.

There is no excuse for anyone in America to not know that the Nazis weren't just bad, they were amongst the worst, if not the worst, humans of the last 100 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    And, besides the usual "he went to school" topped off with "he went to a military school" (briefly), there was also the "he was at the Holocaust Memorial" angle.
    Well he did tell the holocaust memorial to have a cool summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    More resignations.

Members resign from White House council on infrastructure security

You know it's bad when TheHill refers to it as "yet another of President Trump's advisory councisl"

ITS TRUMP VS THE WORLD.

All them damn liburals trying to fight Trump like they tried to fight the good old boys fighting for our history!

Am I doing it right?

Look at all the leftist! Making cars run into them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard Spencer: 'Trump has never denounced the Alt-Right'

Richard Spencer, a prominent white nationalist, said Tuesday that, despite President Trump's remarks denouncing white supremacists and neo-Nazis, the president has yet to condemn the alt-right.

"Trump has never denounced the Alt-Right. Nor will he," Spencer wrote on Twitter.

Speaking at a campaign-style rally in Phoenix on Tuesday night, Trump insisted that he sufficiently denounced hate groups after violence erupted during a white nationalist demonstration in Charlottesville, Va., earlier this month.

Instead, he said, the media failed to accurately cover his remarks in the wake of the violence that left one counterprotester dead.

"They don’t report the facts. Just like they don’t want to report that I spoke out forcefully against hatred, bigotry and violence and strongly condemned the neo-Nazis the white supremacists and the KKK," he said.

But Trump made no mention of his initial claim in the aftermath of the violence that "many sides" were responsible for the mayhem — a claim that drew fire from both Democrats and Republicans.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...ublic-meltdown

Your president is a retarded piece of shit
    I swear, we're trying to fix it! I mean, most of us are. Honest.

Is the president exempt from laws if he instigate physical violence to citizens?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...ublic-meltdown

Your president is a retarded piece of shit
    Just more proof that Trump is a big bitch and the biggest Snowflake of them all.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Trump is a fucking idiot.

He's fake news walking around.

He goes out there says he said 1 thing, omits the thing everyone was upset about, when there is fucking video.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    Is the president exempt from laws if he instigate physical violence to citizens?
    It's never been tested, never needed to be tested.

General belief is the only option to deal with a president is impeachment or 25th amendment to remove them from office. Then there is no legal protections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Trump is a fucking idiot.

He's fake news walking around.

He goes out there says he said 1 thing, omits the thing everyone was upset about, when there is fucking video.
    Fox News isn't going to rerun it, they won't watch anything else, and they more than likely barely know how to use the internet given the age range of the people behind him.

His mouthbreathing crowd is 100% in the dark about what he actually said, and there's no way for them to get the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Fox News isn't going to rerun it, they won't watch anything else, and they more than likely barely know how to use the internet given the age range of the people behind him.

His mouthbreathing crowd is 100% in the dark about what he actually said, and there's no way for them to get the truth.

It's funny watching a black guy with a sign for trump behind trump... I bet he was strategically placed "Look I got the blacks on my side!" Right after saying there are fine KKK and neonazis

Fuck Trump, his supporters are braindead and the real problem.