Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Ok, I'll take the word of random internet stranger #1856286452 that doesn't provide any proof backing up their claim. /s
    To be fair MS is well known for feeding bullshit. Look at the Cross-Play bullshit they spewed that was a 100% lie.

(You double posted by the way)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Sex sells games, who knew?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly they should stop being telltale and not make licensed games every 5 minutes. Or star fox

While I loved Nier Automata (easily a contender for GOTY for me), I can't help but feel that the combat was probably the weakest part of the game.

It OOZES style and fluidity for sure, but I don't recall ever once struggling on a single solitary encounter in the entire game OTHER than the very first introduction piece (on whatever difficulty was right below the 1hko one). Once you unlock the chip slots the game goes from killing things to downright murdering everything making the already trivial difficulty even more trivial and less engaging. BY the end of the third play though I was really glad the game was over.

Deleted
    No mentions of the game's OST in here? Shit had some chunky ass tunes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Only GOTY that matters to me is the one I choose.

Still, good to hear. Platinum are almost one of a kind in their domain. Them going down would be a blow to the industry's creativity.
    That is true, but it sucks that a game like Nier and Horizon Zero Dawn will live in Zelda's shadow this year just because it's Zelda is shameful. While I haven't personally played Nier, I've heard nothing short of great reviews about it. HZD, is the best game I've ever played. But as far as awards go, neither one will probably get much if anything because of Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    That is true, but it sucks that a game like Nier and Horizon Zero Dawn will live in Zelda's shadow this year just because it's Zelda is shameful. While I haven't personally played Nier, I've heard nothing short of great reviews about it. HZD, is the best game I've ever played. But as far as awards go, neither one will probably get much if anything because of Zelda.
    I think it's hilarious you think a game from March that has hype died down is going to be able to take the majority of GOTY awards when we have the first sandbox mario game since Sunshine launching in October...

Mario, especially 3D Sandbox Mario which people have been begging to get back to ever since Sunshine is literally going to clean up GOTY awards, and is launching at the right time to do so. The only competition it would of had is Red Dead and that's delayed so...

There are a lot of good games that would be in top 5 of most GOTY awards in normal years, but 2017 is not a normal year.

Very true, but I'm not the one to get too worked up about a game being ''in the shadow'' of others. My GOTY 2015 was Pillars of Eternity despite everyone and their mother waxing lyrical about Witcher 3 ad nauseum. In 2016 the darlings were Uncharted 4 or DOOM and yet I favored XCOM 2, and I tend to like Bioware games even if half the Internet tells me that it's a cardinal sin to do so.

GOTYs tend to be very bandwagon-y, I find. Not that this means the games that get these awards have no merit, Witcher 3 was instance was pretty damn great and was the second on my list. But I don't pay too much attention to them. Games can get recognition and praise without having to be That Game That The Internet Says You Must Like. Horizon Zero Dawn seems like a good example of a game that got talked about a lot, in a positive way, and had good sales. It doesn't need to be a GOTY darling for anyone to like it IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Honestly they should stop being telltale and not make licensed games every 5 minutes. Or star fox
    I dunno man, I thought Metal Gear Rising was pretty ace, and Transformers Devastation was passable.

Nier Automata was ace and Scalebound was looking awesome to (RIP), I don't really mind what they do as long as they're given the time/money/resources to make it good. From what I've heard, Star Fox was more Nintendo's doing; they could mess anything up if they tried hard enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    I dunno man, I thought Metal Gear Rising was pretty ace, and Transformers Devastation was passable.

Nier Automata was ace and Scalebound was looking awesome to (RIP), I don't really mind what they do as long as they're given the time/money/resources to make it good. From what I've heard, Star Fox was more Nintendo's doing; they could mess anything up if they tried hard enough.
    I liked transformers devestation. It felt like playing an episode of the cartoon...... like literally that game was shallow and short as fuck.

Platinum should not over extend themselves.
    Yes they made good Wii U games.... games that did not sell great on a system that did not sell great..... like they sold pretty bad (the games and the system)
    They made some bad/passable licensed games and those were not major hits by any margin and were not exactly critically acclaimed.
    They made star fox zero and that speaks for itself. It bombed.... it bombed bad....
    They made Neir Automata which was fine on PS4, but needs or needed a patch to fix performance issues for PC
    They had a canceled game for Xbox

Canceled games happen. Delayed games happen. A company should be prepared for that. They over extended themselves and put themselves in an awful spot before scalebound was even an issue. Neir is also selling alright. last I was told it was around 1.5 million which is pretty damn good for a new IP.

Platinum should refocus their efforts and not make bad licensed games, not work on beloved IPs with their hands tied behind their back, be prepared for eventual delays or cancellations, and work on the quality we know them for.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It's likely thanks to the protagonist though, 2B is an insanely popular character in cosplay and anime culture now. I bet a lot of people just bought the game for that character in particular.

It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it wouldn't have been as popular without 2B

- - - Updated - - -

The new Zelda game is one of the best games ever made though, it's an incredible game and I don't think any game has come close to it in the last years. It's such a solid and well polished game, it's too bad it's likely the only AMAZING Nintendo game to come out for the Switch though. I doubt their other games will reach that level of polish and depth.

I guess Zelda shines even more as we're in a period now where idiots spend their money on early access games that never get finished and pay full money for a game that's 25% finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if we could only get Scalebound released on PS4/PC. Fuck Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    well polished game
    We must have different definitions of "polished". Needing 3 patches to get the framerate closed to a solid 30 only for the dlc to once again break it is not my definition of polished.

It's a solid game, but let's not kid ourselves. Corners where cut in BoTW, assets and puzzles reused all over the place, massive performance issues and lacking any true dungeons outside of hyrule castle.

It's a good game, but it's not even my favorite 3D Zelda game, let alone my favorite Zelda game, let alone "one of the best games ever made".

Mario is going to take home most of the GOTY awards guaranteed, that's a game that actually looks "polished" and like "one of the best games ever made" potentially.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    You linked polygon and endgadget, neither know what "journalism" is.

It's more than likely MS feeding them bullshit to soften the blowback after that shitstorm.

Platinum never had any issues like it before.
    Microsoft have done similar shit before and they have shown themselves to shit on developers over and over again.

Do the math, it's 1+1.
    p much, dood.