Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Only in California

http://cbs58.com/news/transgender-re...eling-betrayed

Why have a transgender reveal with other adults, friends, and family - when you can just come out in front of a bunch of small children.

For the record if someone wants to dress and act like a girl (when born as a dude) more power to you, but this just stinks of mental crazy.

Correction: A 5 year old had a gender reveal in class. (not sure how that really makes it any better)
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-08-23 at 12:14 AM.

So much transphobia! Where is my trigger warning?!
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

Why have a transgender reveal with other adults, friends, and family - when you can just come out in front of a bunch of small children.

For the record if someone wants to dress and act like a girl (when born as a dude) more power to you, but this just stinks of mental crazy.
    You're advocating for safe spaces again? Man, and I thought you hated that.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Kindergartners. They'll forget about it in a week.
    No one's really concerned about your ignorant opinion on the subject, though. Expect the lock.

15+ Year Old Account
    I ain't even touching this one.

It feels like a weird time and place to have that conversation. I don't even think I knew that gay people existed at that time, much less transgenders. I honestly don't think kids can comprehend something as complex as identity politics and all that. I also think the majority of them does not give a crap. Kids will think a boy in a dress is weird, but there is no hate or anything in that. It just stands out, and it always will.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The teacher defended her actions to read two children's books about transgenderism
    Oh. My. God. SHE READ A BOOK?! What a bitch.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

At the very least the parents should have been notified prior so they could talk to their own children and prepare them. It sounded like it really upset some children they way it was done.

Something something "think of the children!"

I mean, we all know everyone in Cali is all on board with something like this. /s

Deleted
    I hope California also helps them to flee reality. Once and for all, so they can be what they wanted. Could be Californias's biggest invention ever!

10+ Year Old Account

Is this common in the U.S.?

Flaming hot take: Trans people are okay.

Rocklin is full of rich old conservative people. But yes, feel free to bash Rocklin all you want.

And oh no! The teacher taught them something other than irrational hatred for transgender people! Won't someone think of the children!?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I mean if people want to have a gender reveal, I would imagine they are loved enough to do it with friends/family - not randomly address a bunch fresh out of pre-k children.

I know people want to spin it as anti-tranny or whatever. I honestly don't care if someone has a personal choice to do with their body - but some lines of consideration would seem prudent.

I support kids being who they need to be but there is the right way and there is the careless way to introduce it to a group of kindergarteners.
    Probably a good portion of them had no prior exposure and had no basis of understanding. I don't blame the parents for being upset, I would be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Rocklin is full of rich old conservative people. But yes, feel free to bash Rocklin all you want.

And oh no! The teacher taught them something other than irrational hatred for transgender people! Won't someone think of the children!?
    Its one thing to teach a group of 13-15 year olds, its another thing to teach 7 year olds.

Even in the article one of the girls went home crying thinking she was magically going to turn into a boy. They lack the comprehension to critically think about it like "hey, sometimes guy/girls feels more like girls/guys, and thats ok."

There is reasons why we don't teach kids sex education before puberty, they won't understand it, just like they won't understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I support kids being who they need to be but there is the right way and there is the careless way to introduce it to a group of kindergarteners.
    Probably a good portion of them had no prior exposure and had no basis of understanding. I don't blame the parents for being upset, I would be too.
    Pretty much a better way of stating how I feel. Brushing aside the "safe space" jokes and what not, like people cannot exercise a bit of tact now a days. And I mean this across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Oh. My. God. SHE READ A BOOK?! What a bitch.
    Should we read steamy romance novels to 5 year old now too? I think you are trying to be cool and failing at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What transgender reveals or dressing like a girl? Less than 5% is part of the LGBTQ(?) community.

Deleted
    Now mentally ill people molest young children? Anything that aids them in their delusion goes, I guess.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-23 at 12:23 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

It feels like they're a bit young to impose sexuality onto them. They have no gender identity because they have no sexual drive.