Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    I can't wait for the ridiculous deus ex machina Blizzard will come up with for us to deal with the Void then if they take Azeroth out of the equation (or even put her against us)
    I could see this:

Azeroth is corrupted, you have to deal with the old gods that are corrupting her to free her. Once N'Zoth is killed at the end of the expansion she'll keep growing up and end up ultimately helping us defeat the voidlords.

So is this thread and 1294 of your posts. What of it?
    At least the scenario adds a little flavour and some hype for the next patch.

"The diamond king has been made a pawn"- Magni is probably under control of the old god, nzoth
    "Her hear is a crater and we have filled it"- Azeroth has been corrupted probably
    "Drown yourself in the circle of stars to find him" -this is a stretch but when you enter the chamber, you go down via a circle of star(s)
    "5 keys will light our path"- The temple of elune has all the keys, Nzoth is probably coming as we are distracted by Sarg.
    someone somewhere mentions nzoth has been freed basically
    omg not to mention how many people tell us that the legion is not the true enemy...

It's very likely misdirection all in all. Also its very odd that the trash you kill starts as old god stuff then ends as demons... "Its nightmares", what a lie. He changed the "nightmares" into demons to convince us, the only threat to Nzoth and Azshara, to leave. It would be absolutely pointless if it wasn't misdirection.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it kind of came off as the whole "Gandalf side quest" of the Hobbit movies... all building up to something we already knew, that... gasp, Sauron Sargeras is coming back.

But I mean it's just some little constituent part of the patch, so... meh, so be it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Goh Tt Dayum, son. Are you ever happy about anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Sargeras is coming for us and we have to go to Argus.

but none of that was news either.

Scenario #1.
    Blizzard continuously builds the story over the expansions. Within current patch they add a piece of story that tie with next patch content making logical connection.

Result:
    Outcry that "none of that was news either"

Scenario #2.
    Blizzard continuously builds the story over the expansions. Within current patch they don't add a piece of a story that tie with next patch content. Players on patch day one receive automatically a quest to follow to Argus.

Result:
    Outcry that developers throw pieces of story not tied together in any way, "they should have add some reason for us to go to Argus".

Conclusions:
    People will qq about everything, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Says who? The literal fucking Old God spawnling that was trying to kill us in the Nightmare?

You trust him?
    I trust Il'gynoth as much as I trust Magni.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

We are weeks away from a new patch and you expected this quest to give you hints to an expansion that is probably 6-8 months away? What?

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    We are weeks away from a new patch and you expected this quest to give you hints to an expansion that is probably 6-8 months away? What?
    This seems a popular argument in this thread but honestly I don't quite understand it. At the end of WoD we didn't have the faintest idea the void would be the next threat after the Legion. Where did we get this idea? Why, during Legion of course. Why is it so far-fetched to expect some more hints along the way? I don't agree with OP that the scenario was pointless but this seems a poor argument as to why the scenario couldn't provide hints towards the next expansion. Especially considering the first raid we had this expansion had an immense amount of hints towards the next expansion and not legion, if blizz is willing to do that, why not now?

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Scenario #1.
    Blizzard continuously builds the story over the expansions. Within current patch they add a piece of story that tie with next patch content making logical connection.

Result:
    Outcry that "none of that was news either"

Scenario #2.
    Blizzard continuously builds the story over the expansions. Within current patch they don't add a piece of a story that tie with next patch content. Players on patch day one receive automatically a quest to follow to Argus.

Result:
    Outcry that developers throw pieces of story not tied together in any way, "they should have add some reason for us to go to Argus".

Conclusions:
    People will qq about everything, no matter what.
    If it wasn't so obvious what Magni said to us, there wouldn't be a "problem".

- We fight the Legion
    - We know the Legion has it's base on Argus
    - We fight Kil'jaeden to close the portal to Argus
    - But Illidan brings Argus right on our doorstep instead, with the words "sometimes fate must be forced" or something like that

At this point it is very obvious that we should go to Argus somehow.
    And two months later Magni comes by and says we must go to Argus? WOW! Thanks Capt'n Obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by LightClaw View Post
    This seems a popular argument in this thread but honestly I don't quite understand it. At the end of WoD we didn't have the faintest idea the void would be the next threat after the Legion. Where did we get this idea? Why, during Legion of course. Why is it so far-fetched to expect some more hints along the way? I don't agree with OP that the scenario was pointless but this seems a poor argument as to why the scenario couldn't provide hints towards the next expansion. Especially considering the first raid we had this expansion had an immense amount of hints towards the next expansion and not legion, if blizz is willing to do that, why not now?
    Its a matter of the expectation that there will be hints. If there is suddenly a new quest available weeks ahead of a new patch then simple logic suggests that the quest is going to be related to the patch and that's the only expectation a rational person should have. Could there be hints? Absolutely. However, to expect them and then get upset that there are none is kind of ridiculous.

Well atleast it was ingame and it was full of cool rooms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Very few people play the priest campaign. If you want the playerbase to know something, you have to make it into a general quest for everybody...Which they did
    Well on MMOC every1 and his mom is an altholic top 10 mythic raider so I expect everyone on mmoc to have seen the priest campaign

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Its a matter of the expectation that there will be hints. If there is suddenly a new quest available weeks ahead of a new patch then simple logic suggests that the quest is going to be related to the patch and that's the only expectation a rational person should have. Could there be hints? Absolutely. However, to expect them and then get upset that there are none is kind of ridiculous.
    Fair point, id agree being upset about the scenario is ridiculous haha.

They've done quests like this before to lead up to the next patch. I'm sure we'll get more quests as the weeks follow. I personally liked it. We haven't seen Magni for a minute, so I thought it was cool.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Meh. I liked the 38 million AP.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just happy to go back to Northrend.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Well on MMOC every1 and his mom is an altholic top 10 mythic raider so I expect everyone on mmoc to have seen the priest campaign
    Well the amount of people on MMOC are less then 1% of the people playing WoW in general, so unless Blizz are ready to have a completly confusing story for 99% of the playerbase, they do need to introduce the story in the general questlines.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.