Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I also like the phrasing "Its not hard to get a 955 in a mythic raid today. Hell, its not too out there to get a 955 in a heroic raid either if you get a double titanforge proc"

Like skill has any impact on the rng-fest.

I just wish there was more reward for doing higher than +15s. They get really really challenging for not much more reward. Maybe they will think about adding some more incentives

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I think the truth of it is somewhere in the middle. Its not extremely hard by any means. I see 20+ procs in my raid group constantly. I run heroic content, not mythic so I've even been seeing several 30-40+ procs. One of our warriors got a 955 relic and a 945 ring just a couple days apart. We see a good amount of 25-30+ procs too. It may not feel like its happening to you personally, but if you look at the raid as a whole, there are a decent amount of titanforge procs happening on just about every run.
    Dude, seriously, you have no clue about what you're talking about.

The problem with such things is that most of you have no idea about the difference between REALITY and PERCEPTION. The problem is that most people (this works for everything not just WOW) tend to assume that THEIR perception of things is true, meanwhile most of the time their perception is just fucked up and way off. Politicians often abuse of this because they know the people perception of things is almost always off so they actually get to say a lot of bullshit knowing that's what people actually belive without any real datas that backs that up.

Gettin a +25 proc is rare, gettin 30-40 procs VERY hard. The problem is that our mind is flawed so of course we remember the time we see a +30 proc and forget about the hundreds of times we get no proc at all.

Blizzard said what is the % of titanforged items and how much is it every 5 levels up, if you were even decent at statistics you would know that chances you get a +35 one are so low that if you consider on average gettin 3 items out a full run hc run every week, statistically not even after 5 months of runs you will get a +35 one. Yes, you hear me, statistically you wont get a +35 one in a full raid tier, and sadly for you math is not debatable. Of course, people like you think it easy because you just remember that one time you DID see a +35 one, but you dont consider how many items you have seen dropped before someone in your raid got that +35.
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2017-08-20 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    I always preferred dungeons to raids, even in Vanilla and BC.

Mythic+ for me means more action , less tedious trash and boss fights and a better chance of decent loot.
    And smaller groups means less people forced to play with that you don't really want to play with.

chest will give 930 for m+10.
    955 will be when the new raid opens.

it's ptr to test things, raids also won't be coming in 7.3 although they are being tested.

Mythic + is garbage. Used to take me 5 minutes...maybe 10 on a rare bad night to put together a group to tackle virtually any key I had. Now it's pulling teeth to get players who are hit and miss or turn out to some have a high+ score (probably from pushing keys on ez weeks) but just plain suck.

I dunno what could have made the system better but I'm bore of raiding and considering unsubbing until 7.3 at this point.

All depends on how M+ is tuned at the time. As long as the rewards are appropriate for the challenge, I see no problem with it.

M+ is different from raiding, but I enjoy it. Some of the affix combinations can be challenging even for veteran raiders, especially on particular pulls and bosses. I especially like how M+ has made dungeon boss mechanics relevant and memorable, when we could always ignore them in the past.

5+ Year Old Account
    It really is a fine line Blizz is walking - On one hand, M+ need to give decent loot to guarantee people care about it.

On the other, it's repeatable and as such can net a ton of loot for people willing to put the time into it.

Rewards for M+ will always make either side of the argument unhappy, but I'm of the opinion that M+ should rather be relevant than almost irrelevant as I believe it is very fun content. That's obviously a purely subjective opinion, but man...Dungeons actually being relevant, and constantly getting new ones is just great. I do raid and love raiding and PVE content in general and hope to whatever deity that they expand upon M+ and add tons of new affixes with whatever shadowy shadowexpansion we get next.

I hate m+ .. used to insane-farm them for gear but it just made me completely hate and loath them.. I'm not even doing a +2 for the weekly-AP, I can't stand that shitty BS of "content" anymore... burn them in hell, never let them come back in this form again... go back to cosmetic-only rewards so you do them for FUN and when you actually are in the mood, not as a damn must to keep raid-competitive! Also hiding BIS trinkets in 5mans is beyond retarded, I'm sick of farming highlev VotW for the stupid trinket that (somehow) still is pretty much BIS and when the 955 version is available, it will surpass everything... again...

so yeah, fuck M+ and everything around it! /rant over

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I hate m+ .. used to insane-farm them for gear but it just made me completely hate and loath them.. I'm not even doing a +2 for the weekly-AP, I can't stand that shitty BS of "content" anymore... burn them in hell, never let them come back in this form again... go back to cosmetic-only rewards so you do them for FUN and when you actually are in the mood, not as a damn must to keep raid-competitive! Also hiding BIS trinkets in 5mans is beyond retarded, I'm sick of farming highlev VotW for the stupid trinket that (somehow) still is pretty much BIS and when the 955 version is available, it will surpass everything... again...

so yeah, fuck M+ and everything around it! /rant over
    Yeah. It is indeed very frustating to add capped titanforge gear on your BiS list. This is why the "BIS" system doesnt work anymore this way, because it is ridiculous to aim for (capped) titanforged gear anyways.

Well the whole idea of Mythic + is supposed to be an alternative path to raiding. Blizzard stated this in dev interviews and a lot of Legion info.

As long as the challenge and rewards are equal I see no issue.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-21 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post

The problem with such things is that most of you have no idea about the difference between REALITY and PERCEPTION. The problem is that most people (this works for everything not just WOW) tend to assume that THEIR perception of things is true, meanwhile most of the time their perception is just fucked up and way off. Politicians often abuse of this because they know the people perception of things is almost always off so they actually get to say a lot of bullshit knowing that's what people actually belive without any real datas that backs that up.

Gettin a +25 proc is rare, gettin 30-40 procs VERY hard. The problem is that our mind is flawed so of course we remember the time we see a +30 proc and forget about the hundreds of times we get no proc at all.

Blizzard said what is the % of titanforged items and how much is it every 5 levels up, if you were even decent at statistics you would know that chances you get a +35 one are so low that if you consider on average gettin 3 items out a full run hc run every week, statistically not even after 5 months of runs you will get a +35 one. Yes, you hear me, statistically you wont get a +35 one in a full raid tier, and sadly for you math is not debatable. Of course, people like you think it easy because you just remember that one time you DID see a +35 one, but you dont consider how many items you have seen dropped before someone in your raid got that +35.
    Errm I`m running in hc ToS every week and ive seen usually 4-5 925 or higher drops per run....at least...(inc bonus rolls ofc) Personally i have a 955 gloves, 945 ring....and 1 of our healer is somehow lucky as he have 5 pieces with 920, 1 with 925 and 3 with 930 ilvl....or 1 of our hunter with 1 920, 4 930 items...actually i`m pretty sure every raider in my guild have at least 2-3 procced gear between 925 and 955...

Just FYI, you're not doing any math or statistics at all there bro. You're just shouting about what your opinions are without any access to the actual numbers in the source code and then pretending you are a scientist. Your guess as to how often a player would proc +35 is not math, it is your guess based on your own anecdotal 'evidence' you so hypocritically decry in others. Your 'if you consider on average getting 3 items out of a full run hc ... blah blah blah' is just made up and it isn't based on anything. You could change that 3 to any other number and have the same scientific validity. Making shit up is easy. Finding truth is where its at.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that mythic + ilvl bumps come with raids. I doubt it will be in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'm pretty sure that mythic + ilvl bumps come with raids. I doubt it will be in.
    I bet they'll require +20 for the weekly 960 item. Good luck with that one then.

There was a gamescom interview with Blizzard confirming m+ will go through the same cycle as with 7.2, next patch it will get upscaled and max weekly chest will be +10, and then it will be bumped to +15 and with the extra ilvl rewards when Antorus opens. Also they confirmed next titanforge cap goes to 985 in Antorus and legendaries go to 1000 ilvl. Exactly the same system as 7.2 and TOS brought.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    I don't get the insecurity over itemlevel, I really don't. If you're raiding for itemlevel,
    it isnt exackly rocket science - if someone find only source of life accomplismet from geting mythic gear ofc he feels threatend that otherc can get it too - without this he will have nothing and would have to realise how pathetic his life is

very good change mythic + were droping absolute shit gear since 7.2.5 and werent worth doin besides weekly chest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Just FYI, you're not doing any math or statistics at all there bro. You're just shouting about what your opinions are without any access to the actual numbers in the source code and then pretending you are a scientist. Your guess as to how often a player would proc +35 is not math, it is your guess based on your own anecdotal 'evidence' you so hypocritically decry in others. Your 'if you consider on average getting 3 items out of a full run hc ... blah blah blah' is just made up and it isn't based on anything. You could change that 3 to any other number and have the same scientific validity. Making shit up is easy. Finding truth is where its at.
    well i can toss in my own statitics from 12 alts - the highest bump i have seen from 880 nethershard gear was up to 925 - and it happened literlay once to me since they were put into game , same with broken shore world bosses - i have seen couple of titanforges up to 915 or 920 but nothing highers .

people who claim that its "Easy " to get mythic raid quality gear out of lfr are openly lying and need to be called out on that.

is there a few people out of milioons clearing lfr each week who are lucky enough ? ye sure -but at the same time people win lotto every week but it doesnt make it a stable work carrier playing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Look, I'm not here to babysit you and those like you. Go read the reddit thread if you want that is based on some real data (and l2 search google, good luck, not wasting time for people with your attitude), Blizzard did talk about how it works although they did say the real numbers are kinda smaller. You have less than 0.3% chances to get a +25 one. For those with math problems, on average you'll need about 333 drops to get a 940 in HC TOS. I'm 7/7 3/3 10/10 7/9mythic, cleared everything with 2 alts (now 3) since start every week and unlike some people here, I actually do keep track of drops. Gettin high titanforged items is much rarer than some of you might think it is.

on average you'll need about 333 drops to get a 940 in HC TOS.
    My guild is doing an alt run in hc tos with average 12-16 participants each week, personal loot + coins, still doesn't add to 300+ drops per week more like 50 across the raid and there isn't a week someone won't get a 940-950 item. Ofc it's often 1 item and no guarantee who's gonna get it. The chances of you specifically getting that item are way lower, and the chance of you getting decked in 930-950 gear fully only from hc is even smaller. But no, I don't believe it's 1/300 chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    My guild is doing an alt run in hc tos with average 12-16 participants each week, personal loot + coins, still doesn't add to 300+ drops per week more like 50 across the raid and there isn't a week someone won't get a 940-950 item. Ofc it's often 1 item and no guarantee who's gonna get it. The chances of you specifically getting that item are way lower, and the chance of you getting decked in 930-950 gear fully only from hc is even smaller. But no, I don't believe it's 1/300 chance.
    You are simply lying. Or rather, your brain might even think you're right, but as i said its a perception and not a fact. a 950 item out of HC TOS is so rare that saying a raid of 12-16 every week gets one is just laughable. You people really like to make up stuff.