Apocron let me down

TWO bis relics available for my new Brewmaster alt, and he didn't give up either one. Don't get me wrong; I've been playing on and off again since WoLK. I raid twice a week, tank M+... I know the roller coaster of RNG and I've had good days too.

Only reasons I made a post were:
    1. I'm bored at work.
    2. Wondering if it seems to anyone else that drop rate from BS world bosses is down from when they first appeared? Maybe it was artificially boosted those first couple of weeks, but I used to kill them on 4 alts and expect 2 drops, one of which was almost always TF. Today I killed him on 5 alts and got zero drops of any kind. Not a big sample size, I know. Strictly anecdotal evidence. But now that I think of it, I don't remember getting much loot from BS world bosses in several weeks. Not that much of it would be useful anymore. Except for those relics. On my new brewmaster. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Wondering if it seems to anyone else that drop rate from BS world bosses is down from when they first appeared?
    No. /10chars

RNG is RNG.

Not a day on mmo-champ if someone isn't asking if RNG is RNG.

Yes it's still RNG.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd love for WBs to actually be up at the same time and either being able to choose which one's loot you wanna target or just have them stay relevant all throughout the expansion - then again, their really simple nature makes that kind of hard to argue for. I love the concept of world bosses, seeing a huge zerg of people fight a boss monster is always superbly satisfying but the zerg-y nature means making them even remotely hard just results in lots of salt from the community. I loved Oondasta to death, man.

Neither of the Apocron relics is BiS.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Neither of the Apocron relics is BiS.
    Aren't Hot Blooded and Potent Kick still considered good traits for us? Or would you only put Face Palm in that category now? Either way, they'd be better than the 870ish Obsidian Fists relics I have now.

Resets Tue...you can try again. Building should still be up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
    Resets Tue...you can try again. Building should still be up.
    That would be sweet. Might be close though.

Aren't Hot Blooded and Potent Kick still considered good traits for us? Or would you only put Face Palm in that category now? Either way, they'd be better than the 870ish Obsidian Fists relics I have now.
    Good, yes, but they're not Face Palm, meaning they're not BiS.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Fair enough - thanks!

Deleted
    I thought the general rule was Potent Kick and Hot blooded for defense and Face palm for offense?

That would be sweet. Might be close though.
    Came up on Saturday night PST so it will be up until Tuesday night. Unless you're busy all day Tuesday until pretty late you should have plenty of time for a second chance.

I do each Broken Shore boss ten times each time they're up. I have 3 characters I actively play and another 7 in a sort of maintenance mode. I have (almost?) always burned seals on 9 of the 10 because I'm only raiding on one character and the 900 ilvl base is the highest I'll see on the other 9. That is still a pretty small statistical sampling, but ten is a lot more than one. And no, I haven't seen any noticeable change on the drop rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Came up on Saturday night PST so it will be up until Tuesday night. Unless you're busy all day Tuesday until pretty late you should have plenty of time for a second chance.

I do each Broken Shore boss ten times each time they're up. I have 3 characters I actively play and another 7 in a sort of maintenance mode. I have (almost?) always burned seals on 9 of the 10 because I'm only raiding on one character and the 900 ilvl base is the highest I'll see on the other 9. That is still a pretty small statistical sampling, but ten is a lot more than one. And no, I haven't seen any noticeable change on the drop rates.
    Cool thx. Yeah I bonus roll on my newer alts, like my Brewmaster. Came up empty first time around, but I work nights so should be able to try again right after reset. I tanked some N-ToS tonight and got a 900 Icon of Perverse Animation (life relic), but I'm still using 890 and 870 in the other two slots. I figure Apocron's Energy Core and/or Charged Felfire Casing would still be upgrades for me.

TWO bis relics available for my new Brewmaster alt, and he didn't give up either one. Don't get me wrong; I've been playing on and off again since WoLK. I raid twice a week, tank M+... I know the roller coaster of RNG and I've had good days too.

Only reasons I made a post were:
    1. I'm bored at work.
    2. Wondering if it seems to anyone else that drop rate from BS world bosses is down from when they first appeared? Maybe it was artificially boosted those first couple of weeks, but I used to kill them on 4 alts and expect 2 drops, one of which was almost always TF. Today I killed him on 5 alts and got zero drops of any kind. Not a big sample size, I know. Strictly anecdotal evidence. But now that I think of it, I don't remember getting much loot from BS world bosses in several weeks. Not that much of it would be useful anymore. Except for those relics. On my new brewmaster. That is all.
    nah the droprates are just like they were before - yesterday i got +/-8 items from kills and bonus rolls on them on 12 alts - seems to work like always

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    RNG is RNG.

Not a day on mmo-champ if someone isn't asking if RNG is RNG.

Yes it's still RNG.
    Pretty much this, every time these bosses are up I kill them on every alt and coin them on non-raiding alts as they don't use coins for anything else. My mage has nearly every possible item that drops from these and my priest has next to 0. Sometimes lucky sometimes not.

I remember when the frost relic from Sivash was BIS for frost DK (and frost was the BIS spec for dps dk...) and I got tons of hate from DK friends because I got this relic... on my Shaman and Druid. I sincerely doubt they were BIS for these classes though.

Also you can't judge dropchances from 1 char attempt...

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Pretty much this, every time these bosses are up I kill them on every alt and coin them on non-raiding alts as they don't use coins for anything else. My mage has nearly every possible item that drops from these and my priest has next to 0. Sometimes lucky sometimes not.

I remember when the frost relic from Sivash was BIS for frost DK (and frost was the BIS spec for dps dk...) and I got tons of hate from DK friends because I got this relic... on my Shaman and Druid. I sincerely doubt they were BIS for these classes though.

Also you can't judge dropchances from 1 char attempt...
    All of which I acknowledged in my OP. He stiffed me again today btw. Hopefully by next time he spawns I can stiff him because I won't need his piddlin' low level loot anymore.

Well I'm killing those on 12 chars every time they're up and the loot chance is for sure less than 50% what you seem to have expected, more within 20-30% but even from 12 chars it's not exactly a statistic. Yesterday I got 2 pieces of cloth on my lock but some other chars got double nothing. The smaller the "sample" size the bigger chance you'll be either extremely lucky or unlucky in comparison to "average", and ofc there's always that moment when you get an item and it's a duplicate one instead of the other 2-3 that would be useful to a freshly dinged alt.

Personally for me the game would be the same, if not more fun without RNG, just working towards next item from my wishlist through some currency / badge / other progress system, but for many people this is the definition of "boring" and "chore" so I have to live with the fact RNG is gonna infest everything. Like the fact my shaman can't get prolonged power rank 3 because the boss never spawned since I levelled the char.

Never feel depressed about loot. Remember:
    Gonna hurt at first but it gets better.
    Give yourself a bit of hope.
    You deserve the item you're looking for. Again:
    Up in developer heaven, dreams are reality.

Never feel disparaged, either. Just keep this in mind:
    Gonna have hard times mixed with the good.
    Let your conscience be free.
    You know you're better than this.
    Down in your heart, I'm sure you feel it too.

Never, ever get discouraged.
    Gonna be like this for awhile, but my mother said:
    Run like there's no tomorrow...
    Around every corner there's fortune.
    And even though it's tough, I know. She also said:
    Desert those who don't believe in you.
    You are the only one in control of your own fate.