Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

New Blizzard IP Announcement?

Activision Blizzard Investor Call
    The latest earnings call had a few interesting points!

• Blizzard had the biggest quarterly online player community in its history with a record 46 million MAUs, up 38% year-over-year. MAUs have doubled since early 2015.
    • Blizzard had all-time record DAUs
    • The Overwatch community continued to grow more than a year after launch, setting another all-time MAUB record with the release of two seasonal events in the quarter
    • Hearthstone MAUs grew year-over-year and quarter-over-quarter to an all-time record, driven by its expansion, Journey to Un'Goro
    • World of Warcraft time spent grew year over year, and Legion continues to outperform the prior expansion.
    • Blizzard plans to release another large content drop this quarter, with more details at Gamescom.
    • There are multiple dedicated incubation teams working on new games, experiences, or IPs being lead by some of the most experienced game designers at Blizzard. The company is thinking about different platforms, especially mobile.

A Diablo or Starcraft MMO? OR Will this be a new IP altogether?

10+ Year Old Account
    We're very, VERY likely not seeing another MMO. Why would Blizzard EVER want to go into competition with themselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    As I can see on your list, I have a more feeling of their Destiny 2 license.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should invest into a 4X game imo.

Even cooler if they base it off warcraft lore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    A Diablo or Starcraft MMO? OR Will this be a new IP altogether?
    You will find out when the rest of us do. Keep in mind, with the amount of games they have, it can easily be something for any of the current games, like 7.3. It is considered "large content" because it is a major patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    We're very, VERY likely not seeing another MMO. Why would Blizzard EVER want to go into competition with themselves?
    Project Titan was meant to be a competitor for World of Warcraft.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    They're probably claiming Destiny 2 since they're using their launcher for the PC version.

Couldn't a "large content drop" just refer to WoW patch 7.3?

Probably the next expansion announcement... since Legion will be concluding soon after Argus.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    Couldn't a "large content drop" just refer to WoW patch 7.3?
    That's exactly what it is. It says "release" this quarter not "announce".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Probably the next expansion announcement... since Legion will be concluding soon after Argus.
    Still a minimum of 7 months of Legion to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holybeatdown View Post
    That's exactly what it is. It says "release" this quarter not "announce".
    Well, this quarter is soon over, so could be 7.3, as people have a theory that 7.3.5 is after BlizzCon but before christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bullet point is part of the Warcraft bullet before it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I think you confuse "release" with "announce".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Project Titan was meant to be a competitor for World of Warcraft.
    And it was scrapped. They say it's because it wasn't fun, but being in competition with themselves probably didn't help either

Didn't they just hire like 20 developers and game designers with MMO experience for their Diablo Section? Was on their website for a long time and now all announcements got removed. Also they hired some mobile developers. I HOPE the new diablo isn't a mobile game or some shit like this.

Deleted
    Starcraft Ghost reworked into a new game.

That looks like an expansion announcement. Content usually refers to patches/expansions rather than new game let alone a new IP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    That looks like an expansion announcement. Content usually refers to patches/expansions rather than new game let alone a new IP

Its diablo. All doubts gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Oh right.

/derp