Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by storyline View Post
    Honestly this. ^

And if you look at Antifa videos, they are absolutely communists/Marxists. You see plenty of hammer and sickle flags, or just anarchy flags in general. To say otherwise is just stupid. If you erase confederate monuments for slavery, communist statues should fall too. Lets just keep them both up and stop crying that a hunk of metal makes you sad, that'd be the adult thing to do.

Jack Posobiec also isn't "alt-right". People like VoxDay, Richard Spencer, Baked Alaska, those dudes are alt-right. Posobiec is like Cernovich.

And also, a large swath of the confederacy fought over states' rights, not slavery. But let's just disregard that completely verifiable fact of history :/
    Both Posobiec and Cernovich are alt-right and both are fucking retarded.

The fact that you said they fought over states' rights means you have no idea what they actually fought over. What state right did they fight over? The right to own slaves. Jesus fucking christ. Every single state secession declaration stated this.

They were close to be outnumbered by the statue.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can be petty, but some people take it pretty far.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I was feeling bad at not having a truly representative photo of the alt-right activists.
    [IMG]http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/J-POSprotest.jpg[IMG]

"Lenin is Hitler"
    Now after actually having looked at it I feel worse... thanks. The paper was doing them a favor not showing this picture.
    I have a hard time taking the people holding some of those signs seriously. but then again people being that dumb isn't a big stretch either.

I actually think a lot of these statues should stay up, Lenin was pretty directly responsible for the deaths of tens of millions, but he certainly existed as a historical figure. You go into an art gallery and you'll see a picture of Cronus eating his children, which is certainly a villainous thing but that doesn't mean we have to burn the painting.

Though I agree with the premise a lot of people are putting up. Just sell the statues and we'll see just how much people give a shit about them. I doubt the Lenin statue or the Lee statue would go for more than 10 grand at an auction.

There is a huge difference here. I don't care about the lenin statue at all because its insignificant to our countries history and culture. Tearing down civil war statues is sacrilegious. The people in the south had families that died in the civil war, not to mention all of the reconstruction turmoil's. These people were drafted, it wasn't voluntary and only 1% of people in the south owned slaves. Its uncanny how our 1% nowadays uses offshore slave labor like china, will we have to feel guilt over that in 200 years also just so apple and jeff Bezos can make a lot of money?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Are you kidding me right now? They gathered in front of it, to speak their (misguided) mind...did you per chance miss the "tolerant left" simply tearing down the statue in durham the other day? As far as tolerance goes, in terms of statues (and property rights, for that matter), the right certainly seems to have won this one, don't they.
    So what you mean by "in terms of statues and property rights" is that the poor right had their statue toppled, while they in-turn killed a person who disagreed with them...

OH THE CALAMITY, THAT POOR STATUE!

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Dumber than the dude who got interviewed and said that police horses are racist? That was the dumbest shit that has been seen.
    You mean the ALT-RIGHT who tricked FOX news into a false flag interview and Jessie Watters had not a clue, being a right-wing talking point, and he bought it; hook, line, and sinker like an alt-right dummy????

http://www.businessinsider.com/youtu...ox-news-2017-7

18-year-old YouTuber fooled Fox News by pretending to be 'antifa' and calling a police horse a 'racist Trump supporter'
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-08-17 at 05:26 AM.

Bannon was quoted as calling himself a Leninist. The statue stays.

(Isn't the destruction of the democratic state an alt-right thing anyway? Who writes their training materials?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon very little people would care since "the left" aren't communists no matter how much they want it to be so.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its for sale they should just buy it and then do whatever they want with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If its for sale they should just buy it and then do whatever they want with it.
    You do NOT want sex tapes of the alt-right and that Lenin statue. That's a fact...

Not my precious Lenin statue!

Said nobody?

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Are you kidding me right now? They gathered in front of it, to speak their (misguided) mind...did you per chance miss the "tolerant left" simply tearing down the statue in durham the other day? As far as tolerance goes, in terms of statues (and property rights, for that matter), the right certainly seems to have won this one, don't they.
    Think that one flew over your head there buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If it's on public property then sure, take it down. If it's private property then they're out of luck. Apparently the family that owns it has been trying to sell it anyway, so the alt-right can just chip in to buy it. I'm sure they'd love the irony of buying a communist and then they could defile it how they please.

I also like the hypocrisy of the alt-right on this.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2017-08-17 at 06:15 AM.

Deleted
    Well if no one on the Left cares about them taking it down, let them take it down then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Well if no one on the Left cares about them taking it down, let them take it down then?
    We would, but, y'know. Private property. So none of us get any say at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if we nationalized property and distributed the statue based on need?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    I don't advocate for either side of extremism but they have a point. If tearing down a statue on government private property is acceptable then surely this should be acceptable too.
    I think it's even more funny since the only other group of people that demolish statues is ISIS in the Middle East.

I'm sure that muslim immigrant whose vehicle accidentally caught fire is happy to know that his private property was respected. Same goes with all those business owners whose private property keeps accidentally being trashed and/or looted while large groups of protestors politely respect their property.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    What if we nationalized property and distributed the statue based on need?
    Not sure why you think I'm opposed to private property ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I'm sure that muslim immigrant whose vehicle accidentally caught fire is happy to know that his private property was respected. Same goes with all those business owners whose private property keeps accidentally being trashed and/or looted while large groups of protestors politely respect their property.
    Aaaand you're just baiting.