Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's a joke about how people will change their profile to have the victim country's flag as an underlying texture as if that will make terrorists stop.
    Solidarity is important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is a myth originating in anglosaxon press. Hamburg does not plan to be car free by any date whatsoever. Public Transport couldn't cope with it and Hamburg is a huge logistics transport hub. If we could, we'd probably fill up that stupid (but beautiful) lake in the middle of the city, forcing every car to go through the city bottleneck.
    I stand corrected on my example, but it is still true that there are growing voices to free city centres of cars all over the continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Solidarity is important.

- - - Updated - - -

I stand corrected on my example, but it is still true that there are growing voices to free city centres of cars all over the continent.
    Most plans involve a ban on cars with certain emission levels. I dare say, an electric vehicle weighing a ton or more (fuel cells and batteries are heavy!) would do just as much damage. I don't think that direction is the solution. Bollards would've helped. I'm thinking major European cities should start investing in seriously protecting pedestrian zones with bollards and barriers. Especially if they are tourist hot spots.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The perfect excuse for Spain is the sovereignity of their (Europe's) border. They don't need this to put the hammer down.
    They do not need this, but after these attacks, there is always pressure to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    This is the result of:

- Americans puting their nose into arab countries. Kadafi said that if Americans overthrow the dictators in arab countries, this will happen.
    - EU mindlessly taking all the "refugees" without checking them, hell, even Israel intelligence stated that its impossible to chceck this ppl and terrorists among them.

Now we only see the results, but i am afraid its too late.
    Yup, definitely. It's not the unhinged mass refugees that are the problem, or the fact that this all began because of arbitrary line drawing during Europes colonialism period, or the taking away land to give to the Jewish people

This is all 100% America's fault, with no other factors. Infact, I think Trump himself calls up every jihadist and gives them funds and information to carry out attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    They do not need this, but after these attacks, there is always pressure to do something.
    And usually that results in wild actionism, not helping the situation at all.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Anyone else (in Europe) notice people just shrugging it off now?

Guess we can get used to anything, even terror attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Anyone else (in Europe) notice people just shrugging it off now?

Guess we can get used to anything, even terror attacks.
    It's not like we've not defeated Terrorism before. IRA and ETA, RAF etc. There is a way to win, but it takes time and patience and... endurance.

It's not like we've not defeated Terrorism before. IRA and ETA, RAF etc. There is a way to win, but it takes time and patience and... endurance.
    Or you could just stop importing it.

And usually that results in wild actionism, not helping the situation at all.
    Agreed. Regardless, I expect more Spanish ships around Gibraltar, maybe with beach patrols around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Surprised to see an attack in Spain tbh.
    Definitely not the first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_M...train_bombings

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Or you could just stop importing it.
    Which bit of "homegrown nationals" confuses you? These weren't imported. Stop destroying your ability to think with nazi propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    ETA is mostly gone yes.
    Some sources report a person from Maghreb (though not police/mossos sources far as I know).
    If it turns out to be the case, can we make an effort and narrow down from Muslims to Islamists, or just radicals? much appreciated.
    Um, there's a difference between Muslims and Islamists??

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Um, there's a difference between Muslims and Islamists??
    Yes, there is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    What is it with insane people and cars.
    They are just being creative. In Europe they can't get guns and explosives as easily as in their homelands so they found out cars can do a lot of damage too.

Inb4 ban those assault cars... They can put rocks on railroads and cause even more damage. There is a lot of ways for extremist to kill people.

Which bit of "homegrown nationals" confuses you? These weren't imported. Stop destroying your ability to think with nazi propaganda.
    Not to claim there aren't homegrown nationals being radicalized, but using a migrant from Morocco as an example is probably not the best way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    liberal reporter
    Mr Trump do you denounce the violence committed by white supremacist
    I denounce all violence
    your a racist for not calling out white supremacist by name

same liberal reporter
    Mr Democrat leader do you denounce the violence committed by Muslim terrorist
    I denounce all violence
    thanks now moving on do you think Trump is a racist for not calling out white supremacist by name?
    You are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Not to claim there aren't homegrown nationals being radicalized, but using a migrant from Morocco as an example is probably not the best way to go about it.
    It is, because France and Spain have a shitton of immigrants from their ex-colonies. Moroccon's are to France/Spain what Indians are to Britain. At some point the colonial states figured it'd be more convenient to have their slaves... erm, colony subjects educated in their homeland so they can understand them. Also, fair's fair. If you're slave to the French, you should have a right to go to France at some point and get some sort of citizen rights.

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    If not with car, they can use simple knife...
    Yes, but it is decidedly more difficult to get dozens of people with a knife before someone disarms (or kills) you.

Yes, there is.
    Would you mind enlightening not only myself but the other posters?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Would you mind enlightening not only myself but the other posters?
    They don't need enlightenment. You're really the only one asking that.

Here's Wikipedia for you, since obviously googling it is too much effort already...

Islamism is a concept whose meaning has been debated in both public and academic contexts.[1] The term can refer to diverse forms of social and political activism advocating that public and political life should be guided by Islamic principles,[1][2] or more specifically to movements which call for full implementation of sharia.[3] It is commonly used interchangeably with the terms political Islam or Islamic fundamentalism.[3] In Western media usage the term tends to refer to groups who aim to establish a sharia-based Islamic state, often with implication of violent tactics and human rights violations, and has acquired connotations of political extremism.[3] Islamist movements have "arguably altered the Middle East more than any trend since the modern states gained independence", redefining "politics and even borders" according to Robin Wright.[4]
    Loosely translated, since you undoubtedly didn't have the energy to read through all that: Muslim = dude following the religion of Islam. Islamist = Muslim that not only follows it, but wants its rules to replace law and implement it as the only valid way of living (that is, Sharia law, for example).

Deleted
    Which part of importing leads to homegrown nationals confuses you? If we didn't import them in the first place we wouldn't have these problems. So, when you have problems and know where they're coming from, every healthy individual would say ''Let's stop with getting even more of these people coming in so it doesn't get any worse. Let's first fix ourselves here before being obliged to fix their stuff''.

That sounds much more fair to me, especially for us Europeans.