Poll: So are you going to press the button?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

You can have $5 million dollars Cash...

Alright this isn't a new concept, but it's a new day, new year and time in our lives, so it's back. "The Button."

Here is the deal you receive a knock at the door, when you open it up a tall man in a long coat with a briefcase and something under his arm tells you he has come with business that includes giving you $5,000,000 U.S Dollars CASH, No taxes.

Of course there is a catch, to receive this money all you have to do is press a red button. That's it. However doing so you are informed that if they press the button someone you DON'T know will die. That's it would you press the button.

This is a big decision, and as such since it's later in the evening you get until 5:00PM exactly tomorrow to decide.

However in the meantime you are given $1,000 to spend however you like, and you keep it whether you decide to press the button or not.

SO NOW, the Fate of someone you don't know is in your hands and of course so is.

Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-10-01 at 07:17 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Can i press it more than once?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Can i press it more than once?
    I sure as hell would hope not even once.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would spam the button as many times as I could before the time ran out

Yes, I would. Sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCoco View Post
    I would spam the button as many times as I could before the time ran out
    Pretty much this.

So the deal is, you get 5 million and go to jail for murder? No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

This is such a easy question. I wouldn't even need to think for a minute, you never know that crazy dude changes his mind. Id press it right then and there.

I'm basically content with the way things are. I would turn down the money and let the random stranger lead his life.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could save more than one person with 5 million dollars if I wanted to. Really, it should be encouraged to press the button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    lol no, 5 million hire a good lawyer prove this red button killed someone? you're going nowhere, the rich don't go to prison.

Im pressing that any time of the day.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How would they know it's you? "We know you did it, Jameson! We know you pressed the button!" It's not like they make you commit the murder through normal means. It's more a question of guilt and living with having killed another person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know the person. You have no idea who it is you can't be convicted without evidence based on a supernatural claim, LOL!

Your record would be clean your conscience on the other hand might be another matter.

This isn't new at all... Welcome to 5 years ago.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I wouldn't press it.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    How would they know it's you? "We know you did it, Jameson! We know you pressed the button!" It's not like they make you commit the murder through normal means. It's more a question of guilt and living with having killed another person.
    Normal or not is largely irrelevant. It's no different from me putting gun to your head and pulling the trigger, knowing that it will kill you. Same with the button. Knowing it kills someone, and then willingly doing it is murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You don't know the person. You have no idea who it is you can't be convicted without evidence based on a supernatural claim, LOL!

Your record would be clean your conscience on the other hand might be another matter.
    I don't know the person, so it's fine to kill them? Is that the great logic? Because that logic just excused about every terrorist attack ever. It's not like the terrorist knew any of the victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd whip out my love muscle and slam it on the button as hard as I could.

What if you refuse and he kills you instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Alright this isn't a new concept, but it's a new day, new year and time in our lives, so it's back. "The Button."

Here is the deal you receive a knock at the door, when you open it up a tall man in a long coat with a briefcase and something under his arm tells you he has come with business that includes giving you $5,000,000 U.S Dollars CASH, No taxes.

Of course there is a catch, to receive this money all you have to do is press a red button. That's it. However doing so you are informed that if they press the button someone you DON'T know will die. That's it would you press the button.

This is a big decision, and as such since it's later in the evening you get until 5:00PM exactly tomorrow to decide.

However in the meantime you are given $1,000 to spend however you like, and you keep it whether you decide to press the button or not.

SO NOW, the Fate of someone you don't know is in your hands and of course so is.

It's broken. I'm repeatedly pressing the button, but I only got the money once.