Page 1 of 2
LastLast

White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader

White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader

[This article is part of a package covering Louisville’s reaction to Charlottesville. Check out the other pieces, including Ricky Jones’ column “Black People Should Arm Themselves Now!” and Erica Rucker’s “America… where are you going?”]

Some things I’m thinking about that should change (in that Southern, black grandmama voice):

1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.

2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.

3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.

4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.

7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.

8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.

9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.

10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.

#RunUsOurLand #Reparations #YouGonLearnToday #RunUsOurMoney •

Chanelle Helm is cofounder and core organizer of Black Lives Matter Louisville.
    PayPal: chanellehelm@gmail.com
    Venmo: chanellehelm
    Cashapp: CBHelm
    To contribute to:

BLM Louisville: bit.ly/BLMLou
    Louisville Community Bail Fund: bit.ly/LCBFund
    BLM Louisville Education and Training: bit.ly/2uIzxuW
    Emergent Strategy Louisville event: http://bit.ly/2vys4Bx
    Black Mental Health Care/Healing Team: PayPal: standuplouisville@gmail.com note: Healing Team
    BLM Louisville Housing Team: PayPal:tanduplouisville@gmail.com note Housing Team
    Rhythm Science Sound: teaching music-making to immigrant and refugee children: http://bit.ly/2vVJKrQ
    PayPal: rhythmsciencesound@gmail.com
    Diversity at The Table: black-queer-femme-organized discussion space for black LGBTQ+ topics:
    PayPal: tdwils05@louisville.edu
    Venmo: talawilson
    Cashapp: talawilson
    Books and Breakfast Louisville: Cash app: chadgolden87
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

I'll definitely follow each and every single of them.
    And call racist those who won't, obviously.

Haha, what the fuck? Are they crazy?

Unironically cultural marxism.

Deleted
    Oh that's freaking hilarious

You sure like to start threads without commenting on them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You sure like to start threads without commenting on them yourself.
    Pretty sure the her own words speak for themselves. #ListenToWomen
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Hmmm that juicy Black Privilege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...er...good luck with that I guess

Wait, where's all my white privilege money? How am I supposed to donate white privilege money, when it's not pouring in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Whoever wrote that sounds like a bit of a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Pretty sure the her own words speak for themselves. #ListenToWomen
    Is your mission to link every stupid thing you find on the internet?
    Or does it only pertain to a specific agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Wait, where's all my white privilege money? How am I supposed to donate white privilege money, when it's not pouring in?
    You only get 77% of it and you have to spend it all on those feminine products.

7+ Year Old Account
    Three things:

1. #1-6: No. "White people" owe you nothing.
    2. Racist list is racist.
    3. Typing in "Black Grandma Voice" is retarded.

Edit: One more thing: Race threads aren't allowed.

10+ Year Old Account

Well I'm half white I'm sure this doesn't mean me, but if it did. My answer for myself on behalf of me is thank you for sharing your thoughts and no
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
    Hey, my wife be a white woman! I'll tell her to get her racist boss fired! Her boss is a black woman, so I'm not sure how this will help, but orders are orders!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Is your mission to link every stupid thing you find on the internet?
    Or does it only pertain to a specific agenda?
    Just taking miss Sarkeesian's advice. Or does pointing it all out suddenly not ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a big problem with the upper 1% keeping the working class down in the dumps with a shit basic wage and not many real benefits. But in no way does being a certain color mean that all people of another color should give up everything to you because you're unhappy with centuries of racism. If you guys want real change get these idiotic, bought and paid for politicians out of office and we'll actually start seeing some changes. Both sides have members that need to be gone yesterday but until we as a people start to vote these assholes out of power nothing is going to change.

If its true and not troll, he/she can kiss my white hairy ass
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2017-08-20 at 06:31 PM.