Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are dragons transgender?

Me and someone on trade were debating this.

If a dragon can morph into any race they want and any gender that they want, then does that mean that they're not cisgender, and instead gender fluid/transgender?

I've seen people request for more representation in wow. Perhaps that's their way of doing it.
    change can't wait.

Don't Dragons only transform into their gender of any race they want.

Never seen an example of otherwise.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they have a gender, what ever they're in Dragon form is what they're in Humanoid form

If by gender you mean can a male dragon lay eggs then i dont think so otherwise why would deathwing need Sinestra?

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

isnt chromie a male dragon? and he/she identifies as a female gnome so that's what they appear as. chromie's full name (chronormu) is a male name.
    change can't wait.

I don't recall seeing a dragon assume a humanoid form of a different gender, but even if they did that wouldn't make them transgendered.

And that's all I'll say on this topic, as the subject is dangerously close to violating forum rules as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    isnt chromie a male dragon? and he/she identifies as a female gnome so that's what they appear as. chromie's full name (chronormu) is a male name.
    No, Chromie is female. She just has a name that follows what's ordinarily the naming convention for male dragons. Such naming conventions are more guidelines than actual rules, though; she's hardly the only one whose name doesn't follow them.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they could be change genders on a whim via shape shifting than they are just shape shifters. Like Mystique from Marvel she has changed appearances to many different things male and female.

There could be individual dragons that are transgender but we don't know because its not something blizzard explains / goes into.
    Last edited by Teto; 2017-08-19 at 12:24 AM.

Chromie is female.

Dragons don't particularly have male/female names. Different coloured dragonflights just tend to have different affixes.

Bronze have 'normu', Red have 'asz(a)' etc.

Dragons are probably gender-fluid, yes. Or at least, some of them are, just like humans. Being able to actually create your own humanoid body probably helps.

Originally it was thought Chromie was a male dragon, due to having the male suffix on her full dragon name. However it was just a case of somebody forgetting naming rules for them, and confirmed Chromie is female.

Chromie is a female dragon, just...with a masculine name.

Deleted
    Exception to the rule. Chromie is unique and female.

BTW, this would have been more fitting in the Lore forums.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I don't recall seeing a dragon assume a humanoid form of a different gender, but even if they did that wouldn't make them transgendered.

And that's all I'll say on this topic, as the subject is dangerously close to violating forum rules as-is.
    Yeah when it comes to shapeshifting I really don't see changing to a different sex as being transgendered. If they are a completely different species it may just have to do with their own aesthetics or their reason for changing shapes is to hide who they really are. Look at peacocks most people male and female would probably choose to take the form of a male as they are prettier. Or if it is an angler fish most people would probably choose female over male as the male is so tiny and defenseless.

It's a grandiose spectrum of Dragons~

I don't identify as a Bronze dragonflight, per se. Some days I am more of a Red dragonflight. One could say I'm really part Infinite dragonflight.

Pretty sure dragons got genders. Also, if it is a being, like say, a slime, that does not have any sex. we do not call them transgender either. They just don't have a gender at all. Not sure about the WoW universe except slimes, but there properly is some intelligent races without sexes.

She is a female. They named her Chronormu because Chronormi didn't sound as good.

Chromie is one of few dragons that don't strictly follow their flight's naming convention; they are exceptions instead of the rule.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Pretty sure dragons got genders.
    all those hatchlings don't come from nowhere
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen a dragon transform into anything other than their gender while in humanoid form.

And seeing as humanoids can be in relationships with dragons (like Jaina and kalecgos) I presume that they maintain their... business parts... when transforming. Otherwise that probably wouldn't be a very meaningful relationship in the long run.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Doesn't Wrathion turn into a bitch all the time?