Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why are you going to bring your political views in a thread that has nothing to do with that lol. Silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I was pointing out that screeching that fat people are a "drain on the system" is stupid and not a reason to judge considering conservatives fuck with the system in equally bad if not worse ways willfully. Then pointed out that the US' lack of focus on preventative care is likely to be a contributing factor to the obesity problem, something that conservatives are clearly not interested in actually solving because it gives them people to shame.
    Political parties can't make peoples eating habits. Being fat is a personal problem because you lack self-discipline, that's not something a political party can do anything about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Yes, you do.
    No, you don't. You just need to put yourself in energy deficit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Political parties can't make peoples eating habits.
    No, but access to preventative care can and does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No, but access to preventative care can and does.
    No, it can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Why are you going to bring your political views in a thread that has nothing to do with that lol. Silly.
    It's about as silly as claiming that being a 'drain on society' is a reason to perpetuate the idea that fat people are evil. Which was the point.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure people dont actually think that lmao.

The more fat people the sexier I look.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.mensfitness.com/weight-lo...ng-fat-and-fit

Great article here from a top fitness magazine.
    It really is utterly ridiculous when they claim to be fit when they're clearly not.
    Let's all agree to do our part and promote a healthy lifestyle to those around us. Who's in?
    Your article uses BMI. BMI is humbug. It's unreliable as a measurement.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it can't.
    Gee so; preventative care, that thing which helps reduce the impact and prevalence of pretty much every other acquired medical condition, can't affect habits which cause obesity.

Because you say so in your woefully uninformed opinion that everyone is an island.

Gee so; preventative care, that thing which helps reduce the impact and prevalence of pretty much every other acquired medical condition, can't affect habits which cause obesity.

Because you say so in your woefully uninformed opinion that everyone is an island.
    If that was the case, why is obesity a problem in countries with universal health care? They have access to it but are still obese.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that was the case, why is obesity a problem in countries with universal health care? They have access to it but are still obese.
    Because medicine as a field has traditionally been reactive, not proactive. And there is a significant delta between countries that do have a focus on preventative healthcare and those that don't.

I never claimed I was fit. Just the opposite, I'm hoping for an early grave.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Because medicine as a field has traditionally been reactive, not proactive. And there is a significant delta between countries that do have a focus on preventative healthcare and those that don't.
    What? 10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    What? 10chars
    Your illiteracy is not my issue.

Your illiteracy is not my issue.
    I'm not illiterate just because you use words I don't know in a second language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not illiterate just because you use words I don't know in a second language.
    Kay, Felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    A lot of athletes are very fat and fit as fuck.
    No they aren't. They have a high BMI, because BMI is like the worst way to measure body densities and it assumes an average muscle mass, and that any extra weight is fat. But they aren't fat, they tend to be really low on fat actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Depends on the person and how active they are and how much overweight. http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/can-you-be-fit-fat#1 So do not automatically assume someone who is overweight is not also fit.
    Thats like saying: Don't assume that a car is red just becuase it's red. It might actually be green. That just stupid.
    If you're fat, you're fat. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    If I see a fat person, I assume they like food a lot and don't like exercise, I don't assume they are a bad person - I'm pretty sure 99% of people are the same. No one is to blame for anyone being fat other than the person who isn't taking care of themselves. It really isn't hard to not be fat
    Well, it is hard if you think the political parties can fix your lack of self-descipline to not eat more than you need to and that it's not on you to make better eating habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I think Trump's main focus should be to personally go around the world asking people if they really need a third helping
    What? Third helping?