Thread: Why?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why?

Quick question: Why did MU Gul'dan not have a demonic army to protect him against the Burning Legion or against the demons that tore him to shreds at the Tomb of Sargeras? Is the whole warlock class not about fighting fel army against fel army?

Wasnt he killed by Doomhammer?

EDIT** Yeah he wasnt he was killed by a swarm of no name demons

The demons trapped in the tomb were kind of... insane. Plus he fucked up the Legion's plans so he had to go. And I'm pretty sure he was pretty weakened at this point and running on fumes. Having exhausted his magic and stamina raising the tomb and breaking in. With Rend and Maim right on his ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Likely because Gul'dan was already on the outs with the Legion when he voyaged to the Tomb of Sargeras in the original timeline - no demon was likely to turn against Kil'jaeden or Sargeras and Gul'dan lacked either the time or the resources to forcefully suborn a sufficient number of them to his cause. He also didn't know what to expect from the Tomb itself, his arrogance was likely enough to think it would be only modestly guarded and that his Stormreaver and Twilight's Hammer clan reinforcements were up to the task. He didn't enter alone in any case, he had loyal Warlocks and other troops with him briefly before the demons tore them all limb from limb.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

He fucked off to further his own power, and his minions were picked off by the demons until he was left alone and got ganked. KJ wasn't to happy with him at this point anyway.

the horde were killing his clan and the twilight outside the tomb and inside the demon was doing the rest of the horde work

15+ Year Old Account
    Kil'jaeden wanted him dead for betraying and abandoning the Horde in search of power. It was explained in the audio drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Kil'jaeden wanted him dead for betraying and abandoning the Horde in search of power. It was explained in the audio drama.
    in the chronicles two sargeras wanted gul'dan to be killed in the tomb

Isn't that explain in Wc3:TFT in the Night Elf Campaign? Gul'dan wanted Eye of Sargeras power for himself, so Kil'jaeden decided to end him.

Deleted
    So on the eve before Doomhammer's attack on Lordaeron's capital during the second war, Gul'dan took the Stomreaver and Twilight's Hammer clans to find the Tomb of Sargeras, ultimately meaning the Horde's defeat and the Legion's invasion failing. And in doing so, Gul'dan was branded a traitor.
    Once he raised the Tomb from the depths he entered it only with his most trusted followers. So he was most likely fatigued from raising the tomb, not having all of his men with him and having fallen out of favor with Kil'jaeden pretty much meant he was doomed the moment he entered the tomb.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheapnecrolyte View Post
    Quick question: Why did MU Gul'dan not have a demonic army to protect him against the Burning Legion or against the demons that tore him to shreds at the Tomb of Sargeras? Is the whole warlock class not about fighting fel army against fel army?
    Warlocks got reimagined when WoW came out and back when Gul'dan was alive, Warlocks did not really have demons at their command. They controlled fel/dark magic, but did not control any demons at all. So the reason why, is pretty much because Gul'dan had no demon lackes.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheapnecrolyte View Post
    Why did they kill him to begin with if he was such a devout follower of the Legion? #blizzardlore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Warlocks got reimagined when WoW came out and back when Gul'dan was alive, Warlocks did not really have demons at their command. They controlled fel/dark magic, but did not control any demons at all. So the reason why, is pretty much because Gul'dan had no demon lackes.
    Couldn't Warlocks summon demons in the Warcraft RTS?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Why did they kill him to begin with if he was such a devout follower of the Legion? #blizzardlore

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't Warlocks summon demons in the Warcraft RTS?
    Nope, but they could raise the dead

There were some eredars, that could summon felstalkers, but they are Legion already, so i won't say they count.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Because why would they give a shit about a cripple orc who is literally their pawn? He left the horde when they needed help for his own power, so sargeras just made him fuck off and die because he was selfish.
    Yeah and then they contacted him in the AU and made him invade Azeroth. All of a sudden he wasn't selfish anymore and the perfect general of the Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Well that's warlords territory, so you know it's going to be shit lore.
    Yeah that's exactly what I meant in the first post.

Yeah and then they contacted him in the AU and made him invade Azeroth. All of a sudden he wasn't selfish anymore and the perfect general of the Legion.
    Nobody said Warlords made a great deal of sense.

Plus the audio drama also showed that AU Gul'dan was actually loyal in large part because he came to know of his MU counterpart's fate. KJ made sure to inform him of the price of betrayal.

My own question is, where be these demons? There's no demon trash in the tomb apart from those at the entrance which are recent arrivals. Everything deeper in the raid is Naga stooges, ghost elves (never enough of those apparently), and malfunctioning Titan constructs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Nope, but they could raise the dead

There were some eredars, that could summon felstalkers, but they are Legion already, so i won't say they count.
    Uhm, well...

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warlock_(W...#Summon_Daemon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Yeah that's what I remembered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because this is a different guldan, one from a different realm and timeline
    and hey he never betrayed them, he did think about it again in the tomb of sargeras, but he overall came to thought and stuck with the legion till his dying breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post

but they cant summon spiders and posion...
    also the demon yes was summoned, but it killed the warlock, and they would simply command them from the spirit realm until the demon died...
    it was not "i summon a demon at my side and it obeys" it was "i give my life to summon a demon, then i from the spirit realm direct it where to go"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Nobody said Warlords made a great deal of sense.

Plus the audio drama also showed that AU Gul'dan was actually loyal in large part because he came to know of his MU counterpart's fate. KJ made sure to inform him of the price of betrayal.

My own question is, where be these demons? There's no demon trash in the tomb apart from those at the entrance which are recent arrivals. Everything deeper in the raid is Naga stooges, ghost elves (never enough of those apparently), and malfunctioning Titan constructs.
    shredded by illidan and maiev? i dont rememeber exactly the mission, but im pretty sure that you kill something inside the tomb