Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    So the system must be wrong.... because Black people?
    Yes. Because both racism and not holding cops accountable. What crimes did the people shot commit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Courts don't declare people innocent, ever.
    ... What? Yes they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Large gang culture has been pretty much dead for over a decade. Watch fewer movies, leave the house more. You don't know the first thing about the current state of the inner cities of America, not to mention the fact that a significant portion of these shootings are happening in non-urban areas, where gang culture never existed in the first place.

Other countries actually do have significant gang issues. Japan has a HUGE organize crime problem, for example, yet they don't have these problems with police.

You think Canada and Israel don't have lower classes? They do. They just don't respond to them with constant violence and punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet other developed nations don't have this problem, and they have police too.
    Do you live in some fantasy world?

Chicago:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/22/u...-violence.html
    New York:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2464740
    Los Angeles:
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...112-story.html
    Houston:
    http://abc13.com/news/gov-abbotts-ne...uston/1855608/

That's just the four largest cities in the country... All four of them are rife with gang violence, especially Chicago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Yes. Because both racism and not holding cops accountable. What crimes did the people shot commit?
    So the entire Justice system is bias towards black people? Every Judge, EVERY Jury?

So the entire Justice system is bias towards black people? Every Judge, EVERY Jury?
    No, but enough of them.

No, you're just twisting my words and ignoring what I am saying because it hurts your Narrative. I think we're reach the point where we can politely try and refute arguments here.
    So you are going to run away because you are getting called on your ignorance?

The reality is that your entire argument can be summarized as "BUT BLACK PEOPLE ARE SCAAAAARY AND IM SMALL AND AFRAAAAAAAID! DON'T HURT ME SCARY BLACK MAN, PLEASE!" It's fucking pathetic.

Prove he was smoking pot or get the fuck out of here with your racist, lying bullshit.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

... What? Yes they do.
    No they don't? They declare guilty or not guilty.

Depends on who's on the jury. You can guarantee it would be biased towards blacks, if you load a jury with racists and white supremacists for example. Or the other way around even (OJ), loading jury with black supremacists and racists who will not vote against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Do you live in some fantasy world?

Chicago:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/22/u...-violence.html
    New York:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2464740
    Los Angeles:
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...112-story.html
    Houston:
    http://abc13.com/news/gov-abbotts-ne...uston/1855608/

That's just the four largest cities in the country... All four of them are rife with gang violence, especially Chicago.
    The gang issue in all of those cities has fallen dramatically since the 1980s. It's not a serious issue anymore, with the exception of Chicago which is a unique situation.

I live in the real world, where the inner city is five minutes away from home and I spend a decent amount of time there. I'm literally in a coffee shop on the corner of an inner city block RIGHT NOW.

And here's another crazy fact: The majority of black people don't live in the inner city, and the majority of cops don't work in the inner city.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet other developed nations don't have this problem, and they have police too.
    Once again, other developed nations don't have more guns than people that are readily available to anyone who wants them and criminals that use those guns in spades.

Most of the EU, for example... Guns are expensive, usually too expensive for petty criminals, especially automatics and semi-automatics... They are mostly reserved for criminal organizations and primarily used against other criminal organizations...

Compared to the US where you can go to Walmart and buy a semi automatic rifle for $200...

... What? Yes they do.
    Jesus Christ, you don't even know the basics of the justice system. I really hope you are only 12 or 13, because this is getting embarrassing for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, other developed nations don't have more guns than people that are readily available to anyone who wants them and criminals that use those guns in spades.

Most of the EU, for example... Guns are expensive, usually too expensive for petty criminals, especially automatics and semi-automatics... They are mostly reserved for criminal organizations and primarily used against other criminal organizations...

Compared to the US where you can go to Walmart and buy a semi automatic rifle for $200...
    Alright, so you are saying gun control works and is a great way to prevent violence. Good to know that.

Canada has lots and lots of very inexpensive guns.
    -ynnady

Jesus Christ, you don't even know the basics of the justice system. I really hope you are only 12 or 13, because this is getting embarrassing for you.
    And all he needed to do is watch some TV to know the right answer.

Deleted
    Care to enlighten me beyond just insulting my intelligence? I don't see how you ranting and raving about how EVERYONE in the justice system is suddenly corrupt evil and against Minorities vs me saying the Law is rather Impartial on a grander scale.

Care to enlighten me beyond just insulting my intelligence? I don't see how you ranting and raving about how EVERYONE in the justice system is suddenly corrupt evil and against Minorities vs me saying the Law is rather Impartial on a grander scale.
    Who said everyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so you are saying gun control works and is a great way to prevent violence. Good to know that.
    Sure when implemented early.

Second amendment culture has become too ingrained, it cannot work in the US at this point.

Sure when implemented early.

Second amendment culture has become too ingrained, it cannot work in the US at this point.
    Why are you still here? You were supposed to answer something, remember?

You don't even know that courts don't declare people innocent. I can't replace years of basic education for you with forum posts. The correct course of action is to shut the fuck up until you know what you are talking about. This isn't even meant to be glib, I mean this honestly, that will literally be YEARS from now based on the ignorance you have expressed here. I'm not talking about me disagreeing with you. I mean your total lack of understanding of the basic facts of reality, like that courts don't declare people innocent.

It is silly and ignorant to declare the justice system evil OR impartial on a grander scale. It's a mixed bag, and it certainly is not impartial. For similar offenses, blacks are way more likely to get sentenced to way longer sentences. The money you have to afford lawyers goes a long way to determining your ability to use the court system. The system is fundamentally broken on many, many levels. For example, prosecutors are encouraged to get convictions, not get justice. That means it is in a prosecutor's interest to convince an innocent person to take a plea deal by threatening them with insane punishments if they are found guilty. We have case after case of prosecutors withholding evidence that exonerates the defendant. That doesn't mean every case is wrong or even that the NET result is negative. However, it does mean the system is geared against some groups of people: The poor, minorities, the mentally handicapped, and men as a matter of fact.
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah so after the icecream machine, he goes straight for cops. A bold move, to be sure.

It is representative of a systematic problem, and the problem is not just executions. The problem is the shitty training of the police that ends up victimizing specific groups of people.
    Just so you're aware, if a cop has a gun on someone and tells them not to move and the person tries to reach for something (hell, they could be just scratching their ass because it itches) and the cop shoots them, the cop is going to win in court every single time. They are trained to treat potential lethal threats as lethal threats. If they had to see the gun before reacting to it they'd die which is why they are trained to react that way. That's why the law finds cops not guilty in these situations. So, please, by all means...care to explain how more training is going to help? There's only one way the situation changes and that's significant gun reform. Until that happens cops will continue to be trained to treat people as potential lethal threat even when they actually aren't (but the cops don't know that until after the fact) and the law will continue to vindicate them for doing exactly what they're trained to do in almost all cases. The .00000001% of cases where they do screw up that show up on the news aren't going to change this either.

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Just so you're aware, if a cop has a gun on someone and tells them not to move and the person tries to reach for something (hell, they could be just scratching their ass because it itches) and the cop shoots them, the cop is going to win in court every single time. They are trained to treat potential lethal threats as lethal threats. If they had to see the gun before reacting to it they'd die which is why they are trained to react that way. That's why the law finds cops not guilty in these situations. So, please, by all means...care to explain how more training is going to help? There's only one way the situation changes and that's significant gun reform. Until that happens cops will continue to be trained to treat people as potential lethal threat even when they actually aren't (but the cops don't know that until after the fact) and the law will continue to vindicate them for doing exactly what they're trained to do in almost all cases. The .00000001% of cases where they do screw up that show up on the news aren't going to change this either.
    Again, somehow, through what must be some form of magic, cops in other countries manage to not execute people like this all the time. Reality disagrees with your authoritarian power fantasy.

Here's a CRAZY idea: Maybe a black man who has a legal firearm shouldn't be considered a potential lethal threat by default when he hasn't done anything wrong or improper.
    -ynnady