Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Here, I made you something

Nah, I prefer the original since I support women in gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Organized or not, I still think we need to make examples our of both groups that you can't just do things like this. That is, letting the police do their job or even calling in the army if need be. They serve no purpose and I want my peaceful country back.
    Your "peaceful country" still exists. These groups are relatively tiny right now, and their violence is largely contained.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Your "peaceful country" still exists. These groups are relatively tiny right now, and their violence is largely contained.
    So contained somebody was able to drive a car through a crowd. It keeps getting and I would rather nip this in the bud right now.

Organized or not, I still think we need to make examples our of both groups that you can't just do things like this. That is, letting the police do their job or even calling in the army if need be. They serve no purpose and I want my peaceful country back.
    This is a simple "I don't care that there isn't any moral equivalency between the two, I will continue to pretend there is because it is upsetting" surrender. Gotcha.

The country needs to deal with its Alt-Right extremist problem. It does not have a leftist problem.

So contained somebody was able to drive a car through a crowd. It keeps getting and I would rather nip this in the bud right now.
    You'll never full eliminate these groups or their ability to commit acts of violence without impeding the rights of citizens. Anyone can drive a car into a crowd.

In the week since then, roughly 600 people have died in car accidents. Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill. By all means, let's address the problems, but neither "Nazi" nor far left violence are serious threats to the general safety of the country at present.

Then put the people who did it, the Alt-Right, on the terrorist watch list.

That is LEGITIMATELY EXACTLY what I've been saying. Because the left didn't do that, nor excuse it with whataboutisms. The Alt-Right did.

Go look at what @Venant (among others) wrote for days. Seriously. It could be, verbatim, lifted from an islamist forum justifying a terrorist attack of the exact same type if you change a few of the greivences. Swap out "ANTIFA" and swap in "the Israelis occupation of Palestine", the intent, the whataboutism, the excuses are EXACTLY the same.

The left does not commit terrorism. I say that as a person on the right. We have a bad far right-wing problem in this country. We do not have a leftist problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    In the week since then, roughly 600 people have died in car accidents. Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill. By all means, let's address the problems, but neither "Nazi" nor far left violence are serious threats to the general safety of the country at present.
    I suppose it was just an automobile accident in Barcelona then.

Fucking dumb as rocks terrorism-excusing making post you just made man. Terrorism is terrorism. One life or 600. It doesn't matter. Intent does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I agree about gamergate but what is its relevance to this thread?

Why would you agree when his comments had very little on topic?

Do you like being ripped off and lied to when dealing with games. Is censorship, games writers taking bribes, forming cartels good?

Why would you be against gamergate then? Especially when these hacks tried to hide behind diversity and damage it in the process.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This is a simple "I don't care that there isn't any moral equivalency between the two, I will continue to pretend there is because it is upsetting" surrender. Gotcha.

The country needs to deal with its Alt-Right extremist problem. It does not have a leftist problem.
    No, antifa was a problem the second they rioted at berkley.
    You'll never full eliminate these groups or their ability to commit acts of violence without impeding the rights of citizens. Anyone can drive a car into a crowd.
    But that isn't the point. These rallies are happening more frequently and in more cities. A solution would to have the army stationed all over the next one because it's not like they don't advertise these things.

Skroe, I am not saying we shouldn't do that just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Oh yeah. I forgot about the "Has killed more than" talking point for shutting down talks about Islamic terrorism.

Yep. Nazi's killing anyone is not anything to be concerned about since I think texting and driving has killed more people alone.

Deleted
    Your avatar promotes terrorism Skroe, now I'm scared and phoning the the FBI right this minute.

Fucking dumb as rocks terrorism-excusing making post you just made man. Terrorism is terrorism. One life or 600. It doesn't matter. Intent does.
    Scale actually does matter, quite a lot. Endless handwringing and terror-mongering is pretty profitable for our waste-of-money "defense" industry, but doesn't really reflect reality. We'd save more people with some straightforward car safety improvements than eradicating "Nazis" once and for all.

I realize that you're very concerned about Nazis though.

But that isn't the point. These rallies are happening more frequently and in more cities. A solution would to have the army stationed all over the next one because it's not like they don't advertise these things.
    They can't deploy the army. That would be illegal. Mobilizing the National Guard before things get violent is a great way to have the Neo-Nazis actually use those guns they like to bring to their rallies.

That is LEGITIMATELY EXACTLY what I've been saying. Because the left didn't do that, nor excuse it with whataboutisms. The Alt-Right did.

Go look at what @Venant (among others) wrote for days. Seriously. It could be, verbatim, lifted from an islamist forum justifying a terrorist attack of the exact same type if you change a few of the greivences. Swap out "ANTIFA" and swap in "the Israelis occupation of Palestine", the intent, the whataboutism, the excuses are EXACTLY the same.

The left does not commit terrorism. I say that as a person on the right. We have a bad far right-wing problem in this country. We do not have a leftist problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought we were supposed to be scared of toddlers with guns more than ISIS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Why would you agree when his comments had very little on topic?

Do you like being ripped off and lied to when dealing with games. Is censorship, games writers taking bribes, forming cartels good?

Why would you be against gamergate then? Especially when these hacks tried to hide behind diversity and damage it in the process.
    Yeah man this shit was so serious business ima vote for Trump to decide the fate of American policy

Wait... hahaha... I'm sorry...

You need a video game review website to tell you if a game sucks or not? Really?

Is it not clear you're buying into pretty-but-mediocre you're buying when you throw $60 down for most mass-market AAA titles nowdays? You don't go to Michael Bay movies for the art. You don't go to Call of Duty for the groundbreaking gameplay.

Video game reviews. Jesus christ. What is this? 1993? We reading Nintendo Power? For fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Oh yeah. I forgot about the "Has killed more than" talking point for shutting down talks about Islamic terrorism.

Yep. Nazi's killing anyone is not anything to be concerned about since I think texting and driving has killed more people alone.
    I think it's reasonable to have some measure of concern about terror. I also think it's important to keep scale in mind. It turns out Charlottesville isn't actually the most important place on Earth 2017 and it turns out that Nazis aren't a serious threat to American wellbeing. Being deeply concerned about Islamism or Nazis in the United States is mostly a waste of energy. Solving the problem is fine, but exaggerating the scale is fucking stupid.

Your avatar promotes terrorism Skroe, now I'm scared and phoning the the FBI right this minute.
    Go for it man. Here. Here's the full version. America First.

15+ Year Old Account
    They can't deploy the army. That would be illegal. Mobilizing the National Guard before things get violent is a great way to have the Neo-Nazis actually use those guns they like to bring to their rallies.
    I think we can make an exception for a nazi rally. If they're as nationalistic as they pretend to be, they'd dare not hurt the army.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I thought we were supposed to be scared of toddlers with guns more than ISIS.
    We should be. I'm making a point about the Alt-Right. They are what they hate the most in the world. And they should be treated the exact same.

But terrorism is terrorism. And the Alt-Right commited terrorism. Their leaders and people talk like Islamists. So they should be treated like Islamists. Vigilantly by national security services.

I am not joking. Prominent Alt-Right leaders should be on the Terrorism Watch list. The Alt-Right earned that this week. We don't know if they'll take down an airliner or anything else.