Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Well, tell that to the Nazis.
    Outside of the Charlottesville have we really seen the neo nazi's of today committing violence? Bearing in mind at that event many left wingers were inciting violence as well. If it was one thing where these people were routinely assaulting others and the victims were merely acting in self defense, violence would be understood. Or if this was a time of war or something. But that's clearly not the case.

Resorting to violence in all reality is just going to strengthen their resolve because it will show to them that their "problems are legitimate". To beat that ideology you got to point out the flaws and engage in a meaningful discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free market is a problem?
    No, it's not. It's barely the mirror of our society, which is my point. If society requests censorship, they will happily provide. The issue is not with the enterprises but with the demand. Free speech is an issue at the core of our society.

"facts"
    Empirical evidence on a large portion of society seems like solid data to work with - and at the very least acknowledge its existence and have an honest debate on it.

When have Nazis ever cared about other's free speech?
    As I've said, only now and as soon that they get some kind of power, never again. Free speech is only important to them as long that it serves them. But if you give the tools required to censor, you risk having it used against you.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So, it was just your run of the mill Conservative rally and nobody from the far-fight, KKK, neo-nazis was given a platform to speak... and thousands still turned up to call them all hateful racists?

I take it that anyone that's not a democrat is a Nazi now then?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHERsl4U0AAJZCq.jpg

Looking at the speakers.. I doubt its a standard conservative rally.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    So wait are you arguing against racists, nazi,s the kkk or the alt right?

They are not interchangeable..
    They walk in lockstep. So take ya pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The logic you are is the same logic people use to defend torture and rendition lol.
    Explain.

They walk in lockstep. So take ya pick.

Explain.
    This is going to end badly for you... and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Sure, if you're not a Klansman or a Nazi.
    Do you also feel it's ok to assault people who believe in free speech?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    So i'm now an anarcho-communist for attacking nazis? lol.
    And if you're not defending them, then what are you doing? How would you call it?
    No, but you are for always defending antifa.

There's nothing to defend. The protest is over and antfa still decided to get violent with the police there to keep the peace which means they'll attack anybody like we keep telling all you sympathizers. All these people need to go and stay go.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    No, it's not. It's barely the mirror of our society, which is my point. If society requests censorship, they will happily provide. The issue is not with the enterprises but with the demand. Free speech is an issue at the core of our society.
    Private companies not employing or servicing Nazis is not censorship.

Empirical evidence on a large portion of society seems like solid data to work with.
    Good that that didn't happen then.

As I've said, only now and as soon that they get some kind of power, never again. Free speech is only important to them as long that it serves them. But if you give the tools required to censor, you risk having it used against you.
    So it is in our best interest to crush the Nazis into the ground so they don't get into power. Because if they do get into power it does not matter how you treated them before. Because they are Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Guess they left the Nazi flags and KKK uniforms at home this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Has the police taken away the Alt-Righter's car keys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Guess they left the Nazi flags and KKK uniforms at home this time.
    Oh look, another neo-nazi march. When is the one in Cali, again?
    Is that the excuse the Neo-nazis and their sympathizers use now?
    this is why you cant have an honest intelligent adult conversation with many on this forum because of baseless accusations and snarky remarks
    if you have proof the organizer of the event, the speakers, or a significant number of the attendees are kkk or Nazis please lets have the proof
    but you wont let facts and the truth get in the way of your predetermined narrative. I disagree with them so that makes them Nazi I don't need no stinking proof. I will label them Nazis so i can make all sorts of accusations and snarky remark because they are Nazis and who wouldn't.

any good unbias objective moderation would discourage this type of behavior so to attract more to the site because who wants to participate in a discussion with remarks like I just posted unless you want an echo chamber

go ahead and report me because I told the truth its not like I've never been infracted before for exposing the truth it is a common occurrence on this site I'm use to it
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2017-08-19 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I don't see any antifa.

It's almost as if people don't protest against Nazi's when you don't have Nazi's organising meetings.
    Really man? You are making the claim that Antifa only shows up when there are Nazis? Maybe pick up a paper or watch some TV news this year. They have been out and proud, with clubs and sticks, about 20 times this year, with no Nazis to be found anywhere.

"They don't care about our rights, so why should they be given rights?"
    "Their goal is to eradicate us all and destroy our democracy, so we better make sure they don't get to spread their propaganda."

But there are genuine issues of free speech right now. Private enterprises censoring because of overwhelming demand of censorship is one of these issues. I'm not talking about giving a platform to hate speech - I'm talking about the social and monetary pressure to censor someone with unpopular ideas.
    The genuine issue is that people expect that freedom of speech grants them freedom from societal consequences, which is what you just described.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

So it is in our best interest to crush the Nazis into the ground so they don't get into power. Because if they do get into power it does not matter how you treated them before. Because they are Nazis.
    The notion that Nazis are going to get power in the US is pretty silly. These people have no support from anyone but themselves, and their movement is not growing.

It seems like Democrats are pretty committed to falsely calling everyone what they actually were, for 150 years.

"They don't care about our rights, so why should they be given rights?"
    Having standards doesn't mean much if you discard them at the drop of a hate.

Labels a free speech rally as alt right and racists while ignoring who organized the event.
    Labels a women's march good and empowering while ignoring who those organizers were and who some speakers were and have done.
    Same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The genuine issue is that people expect that freedom of speech grants them freedom from societal consequences, which is what you just described.
    Yes that should be its definition.Its why we don't consider countries that shoot everyone who votes against the main party democratic with free elections...

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's now what I said.

Objectively false.

Right. Because trying to "crush Nazis to the ground" worked very well before.

As far as I remember, that actually gave them notoriety and brought more people in, as they quickly felt like martyrs. We all know that the best way to kill a movement is to be violent and force them in submission, right?
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Labels a free speech rally as alt right and racists while ignoring who organized the event.
    Labels a women's march good and empowering while ignoring who those organizers were and who some speakers were and have done.
    Same people.
    Again, look at who they invited to speak at it.

Yeah you just took what I said and made it sound more scary to fear-monger for your authoritarian agenda. You can do that with literally any group.

"oh the gays want to turn the kids gay! OH NOES!"
    You know what Nazis are, right? Their goal is genocide of everyone that is not white or straight and to destroy democracy.

You just compared Nazis to gay people. ... Dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    But in a way, it should. Consequences should not come at the cost of enabling martyrdom.
    Google Diversity Memo