Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You can start with this, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial...f_Nazi_Germany

You can follow by digging deeper into what the Nuremberg laws were and why they applied to everyone non-Aryan. Some Americans and their need to redact history to make an obnoxious group come across better will never be something i understand, why do you sympathize with Nazis?
    First off don't link fucking Wikipedia...

Second at least read the damn article is destroys your own argument...

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    First off don't link fucking Wikipedia...
    Are we back in 2006? Wikipedia is a fine source.

Unless this is part of the, "Everything that shows information I dislike is left-wing propaganda" tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So Antifa shows up, gets shut down by the police, and rejected by the counter-protesters.

This is how it should have went in Charlottesville. Because that's how adults react.

Instead we get, "B-B-BUT IT WAS ABOUT FREE SPEECH! IGNORE THE NAZI FLAGS!" and the retard-in-chief providing blame deflection over a literal Nazi murdering somebody.
    see the mayor and the governor of Virginia wanted a confrontation wanted blood and violence
    see we told you the right are all violent racist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    You can have whatever idea and start whatever debate you want, that's YOUR right. If your private employer decides that your views will harm the company, he can fire you, because that's HIS right.
    You know they used to fire people for being in the NAACP right?
    THAT is freedom of speech. What so many people today want is freedom of speech AND freedom from consequences of their speech.

Posting this, because quite frankly, people on this site NEED to see it often:
    I like him, but that post is objectively dumb.
    The point of free speech is to be conducive to dialogue.
    The simplistic understanding as 'just about what the government does' Is frankly retarded - Or otherwise the necessary logical consequent is that the KKK never violated any black persons civil liberties - Which is again, retarded.
    The right is limited, because the government does not and should not have the power to force it upon the entirety of society, that doesn't mean people shouldn't try to act that way regardless.

The social consequence should be people calling you a idiot.

It should not be physical or financial harm. No matter how bloody the belief like communism should it be suppressed with force.
    Why not financial harm? Should employers not be allowed to fire those that cost them business? Should customers not be allowed to boycott?

Deleted
    You are right, it's DISCRIMINATION.
    You know maybe that was part of my point?
    Know the difference between being a Nazi and being Gay?
    Replace Gay with Muslim then.

It isn't and your a fool to think that is the case.

We are watching it unfold the exact same way as it did in the weimar republic. If you want to honestly stop this you need to attack the reason for why they are gaining power.

You have to purge racial identity from the law. That starts with removing the privileges minority groups enjoy. Until you do they will keep growing and growing.
    Yes, it is unfolding exact the same way as it did in the Weimar Republic, just without all of the major societal stressors like a shit economy, shit quality of life, unmanageable debt, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I'm saying that we shouldn't ask for censorship. That's the problem.
    Given what they are asking for is not censorship, they are not asking for censorship.

I don't know what world you live in, or if you simply take something you disagree with as "non-factual", but there's a trove of real, genuine scientific research made on a lot of controversial topics every year that just gets shoved under the carpet because it doesn't fit the current cultural climate. They are true, they exist and they are empirical.
    Yeah, but the one we are probably dancing around isn't one.

With enough force, which is the downfall of your idea. I won't go and punch a Nazi outside. I hate nazis. I hate what they stand for, but I won't lower myself to their level. I'm not a trash and I won't start acting like one.
    And while you keep your cozy moral high ground, innocent people get hurt or die. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Why not financial harm? Should employers not be allowed to fire those that cost them business? Should customers not be allowed to boycott?
    Prove the first.

I don't think I have seen a case where it has helped or hindered a company by firing a person.

Deleted
    And here we see the core and central feature of the problem.
    'Should not' is interpreted as be made illegal.
    It betrays the deeply authoritarian mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Yes, it is unfolding exact the same way as it did in the Weimar Republic, just without all of the major societal stressors like a shit economy, shit quality of life, unmanageable debt, etc.
    I am not sure if this is sarcasm or not your quite good when your in character.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Those are the key words

Trying to suppress the freedom that was given to people can also limit/destroy a democracy. Can't have it both way.
    Actually you can. Or is Germany not a democratic country? Should a democracy not be able to defend itself from those that seek to destroy it?

Paradox of tolerance has been making the rounds on here lately. You are aware of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You know they used to fire people for being in the NAACP right?
    Yep, which is why there is now laws that protects you from being fired for discriminatory reasons. Being coloured is not a choice, being a Clansman is.

I like him, but that post is objectively dumb.
    The point of free speech is to be conducive to dialogue.
    As I said, you can have all the dialogue you want. You HAVE freedom of speech, you don't have freedom from consequences of speech.
    The simplistic understanding as 'just about what the government does' Is frankly retarded - Or otherwise the necessary logical consequent is that the KKK never violated any black persons civil liberties - Which is again, retarded.
    That describes your analogy between coloured people and the KKK more than anything. Are you honestly incapable of understanding the difference between something you can change, and something you cannot?
    The right is limited, because the government does not and should not have the power to force it upon the entirety of society, that doesn't mean people shouldn't try to act that way regardless.
    And it doesn't mean that they should be excepted from consequences when they spew things that people find abhorrent.

Prove the first.

I don't think I have seen a case where it has helped or hindered a company by firing a person.
    If you don't think bad publicity or boycotts are bad for a company...

Also, the great thing about the US is they have at will employment. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Pretty much. I'm a leftist (and EU one at that, not US "left") and I'm still a nazi nowadays. The alt-left has become the cancer of society.
    An imaginary buzzword invented to distract people from the actions of the Alt-right is a cancer of society? And what paralell dimension do you hail from?

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Is another "Far Right cries they don't have a platform" event or an actual free speech rally?
    The former.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Yep, which is why there is now laws that protects you from being fired for discriminatory reasons. Being coloured is not a choice, being a Clansman is.

As I said, you can have all the dialogue you want. You HAVE freedom of speech, you don't have freedom from consequences of speech.

That describes your analogy between coloured people and the KKK more than anything. Are you honestly incapable of understanding the difference between something you can change, and something you cannot?

And it doesn't mean that they should be excepted from consequences when they spew things that people find abhorrent.
    Is it a choice?

Can one honestly choose what one believes?

It is a interesting question you pose.

I find another thing here rather telling... Is it what they are saying or what it is you are assuming they are saying that offends you? So far I have not heard a example of what it is they said in this rally besides they are pro free speech.

Actually you can. Or is Germany not a democratic country? Should a democracy not be able to defend itself from those that seek to destroy it?

Paradox of tolerance has been making the rounds on here lately. You are aware of it?

Democracy can't defend itself by limiting/suppressing the grounds on which it was founded.

They are classified as a terrorist group officially.
    are they? can you provide that list because I sure in the hell cant find an official government list on domestic terror groups maybe I'm using the wrong search term

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Let's forget about nazis for a moment.

This is about Antifa shutting down a free speech rally that had NOTHING to do with nazis or the events at that other rally.